The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Dude, I was agreeing (disagreeing with the poster I quoted) that they DON'T need to explain ish. He said they needed to explain Captain Carter. My rebuttal was that if they needed to explain where she came from, why not the others...and where does it stop? I read comics. I fully understand, and I said that it was irrelevant where or how she came to be. You are agreeing with my post that you quoted.
my bad.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It’s like y’all don’t comprehend what you are watching. Dr. Strange can’t fly, the cape can fly. :snoop:

Movie was nice. Folks saying it was mid, what movies are y’all comparing these joints to? Movie was surprisingly brutal as well.

It's really surreal walking away from this movie blown away like I was and then coming into thecoli where everyone says the movie is trash :russ:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I definitely feel that Phase Four has no plan. In Phase One, this far in, we already knew of the inevitable Avengers movie as they began putting together a "team". However, Phase Four has shown nothing like this. We don't even have something like a crossover MacGuffin or an overarching storyline that crosses between their media. What happened to the Skrulls from Far From Home? Are we doing the multiverse with Loki and Doctor Strange? Or is it something more mystical with WandaVision and Shang Chi? Why was Dr. Strange not there? But wait, there's also the spy stuff with Black Widow and Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Isn't Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor going to be more on the galactic level than multiverse level?

Dr. Strange MOM was a lot of fun in the theater, but once you get to the car and start processing what you just saw, it starts to fall apart. I love the Raimi-isms in it, but it's a movie that I won't be revisiting ever again.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
It just dawned on me like how some of the same few folks complaining about how Wanda washed the Illuminati and how much stronger they should’ve been.

Reminds of earlier MCU movies where some were complaining (and some are the same folks now) that the VILLAINS were too weak and the hero’s easily washed them.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Damn man what do y’all really want?:russ:
the funniest thing is a lot of the people that complain about the MCU always go see shyt before the MCU fans. they be there on night-1 or even pre-screen. and then they try to shyt on it before everybody else see it. LMAO

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Doctor strange and the iron man trilogy.

I gave this and the The Batman 8/10. But I feel the Batman was better, imo

This movie is far and away better The Batman. People say this has pacing issues? THAT has pacing issues. You'd have to blind to say that movie is paced better and more interesting than this movie.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So how are we thinking mutants enter the mcu now?

I originally thought the credit scene was the clue with two universe crashing into each other due to strange causing an incursion, and that apparently happens if you cause too much of a “footprint” in another universe…but if that’s how it works obv Charles is already dead there

My prediction is that the end of X-Men 97 will be a cliffhanger that leads to those versions of the characters being sucked into the MCU. They are the only active X-Men project the MCU is working on and I don't think it's a coincidence.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I definitely feel that Phase Four has no plan. In Phase One, this far in, we already knew of the inevitable Avengers movie as they began putting together a "team". However, Phase Four has shown nothing like this. We don't even have something like a crossover MacGuffin or an overarching storyline that crosses between their media. What happened to the Skrulls from Far From Home? Are we doing the multiverse with Loki and Doctor Strange? Or is it something more mystical with WandaVision and Shang Chi? Why was Dr. Strange not there? But wait, there's also the spy stuff with Black Widow and Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Isn't Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor going to be more on the galactic level than multiverse level?

Dr. Strange MOM was a lot of fun in the theater, but once you get to the car and start processing what you just saw, it starts to fall apart. I love the Raimi-isms in it, but it's a movie that I won't be revisiting ever again.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
One of the most underrated scenes of ANY MCU film
Strange using the dead alt-Strange body to dreamwalk, and using the dead souls as a cape. Not sure if that would be considered necromancy (since Strange merely took over the vessel) but I never would've thought MCU would even come close to doing anything like that.

Yeah like people don't even realize how wild this shyt really is. This movie was unlike any other MCU film

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
so the reason folks arent liking this is because it was more of a standalone flick than something that connects to the other films? Dont really understand that logic at all. Thats not how u review a film but it is what it is. Imma go peep it again today.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

it's leading up to secret wars
secret wars is very hard for the average audience member to understand so they have to sprinkle the concepts in each film
Loki, Ant-man deal with the time travel part of it
Wandavision, Dr.Strange deal with the mutliverse part of it
Captain Marvel, Fantastic Four, Guardians, eternals deal with the cosmic part
the other films are building up the characters that will participate in it

Ant-Man 3 will be the thing that caps off this phase 4 and you'll see why
then fantastic four and x-men will begin phase 5

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
How could wanda not fukk up thanos if she was this powerful.

Her *fredo smiley* moments were the most frightening shyt ever in the marvel movies.