The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
everyone I know that went in 100% spoiler free LOVED the movie. I liked it a lot, but wish I went in blind

it seems like the people that didnt care for the movie went deep on spoilers, created unrealistic expectations and walked away disappointed

I will say, Marvel played into the hype a bit as well - so they should take some blame on expectation setting as well

This

And that’s all that some folks are saying….. it’s silly to be sitting here with all these crazy expectations or theories then be mad and hate on the movie just because they didn’t do what you wrote in your personal script.

And the funny part is many people for MONTHS been warning cats “hey don’t overthink this, hey don’t read spoilers, hey just dial back and relax a little” and niccas didn’t listen and got worked up so high to only create their own personal disappointments:mjlol:

I feel like that’s on them….. not sure what blame Marvel can take, they doing what they supposed to do to get buts in seats by promoting the film.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I feel like making
Reed Richard & Professor X
cameos in this movie with no background context and minimal screen time was a wasted intro and could they could have easily just utilized two different characters as part of the Illuminati
especially when they were just killed off with the quickness by Wanda
Other than that, the movie was solid and enjoyed every moment. I was sitting there with anticipation as the movie was about to start and was pleasantly surprised it didn't waste anytime with getting straight into the action. Wasn't any moment with filler dialogue/scenes which is why I don't understand the pacing complaints.
Crazy to think as a kid that Dr. Strange could be built up to an A-List superhero on the big screen comic universe.

I didn't see it as a waste and I think everyone looking at it like that is what's causing all this negativity.

They clearly plan to use the characters in the future, just not this version of them, but just by having them in like this will open up future opportunities for those characters later. For example introducing Black Bolt and terrigen mist here opened up the lore for Ms. Marvel

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I didn't see it as a waste and I think everyone looking at it like that is what's causing all this negativity.

They clearly plan to use the characters in the future, just not this version of them, but just by having them in like this will open up future opportunities for those characters later. For example introducing Black Bolt and terrigen mist here opened up the lore for Ms. Marvel

This

I get that people wanted them to pull a NWH and all of a sudden have them take over the movie and be in it the next 40 minutes. But this isn’t their story and barring this movie goes on another 50 minutes (which I would’ve been fine with) I don’t think it was a high level necessity. They accomplish what they needed to accomplish

And people forget….. they weren’t even from THE MAIN 616 MCU UNIVERSE

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I was between full price and matinee on the Double Toasted scale. Slept on it and went with full price. Watching DT and see they gave it high matinee :russ: checks out. Time to finally catch some of these reviews and thinkpieces .

Amazing visual spectacle (to be expected), and Wanda and Strange did their mf thing, although woulda been nice to see a lot more reality warping and less “being reasonable”. The Illuminati getting packed out was crazy!

Also heavily fw the less-censored violence, and hope they bring it to 616 characters. They’ve dabbled in the horror/thriller themes very lightly, so nice to see Raimi get to lean into his bag, even tho I’m not as much of a Raimi fan as I was coming up.

Looking forward to seeing the effects of the incursion :banderas:
martin should of gave it a full price
i know when that spoiler review drops korey gon nitpick something cause he aint really pay attention

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I get that. I guess with the Illuminati, it seemed as though one purpose of them was to show how powerful Wanda was among a legion of superheroes. They kind of hyped up and showed how powerful Black Bolt was in the movie, and we know about Captain Marvel and Captain America already. I first impression of Reed Richard and Professor X just getting wiped out like that just didn't seem right, although its just alternate universe version of them. Felt like they were dropped in there more for fan service than for movie plot/overall MCU story purposes and could have reserved intro later.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
At the end of the day this shyt doesn't hold a candle to Strange 1 which is for the most part viewed as a Elite Marvel film. This shyt is mixed reviews at BEST and that says a lot.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Facts. I really think people are more mad about the cameos and the extracurricular shyt and not recognizing that the movie placed in front of them was fukking phenomenal.

NWH delivered on the cameos and fanservice but failed as a movie, this was the opposite. This movie is up there with Infinity War, Winter Soldier, Black Panther
Are we still pretending like Black Panther was top-tier? MBJ ruined that movie. And the CG was pure babbage.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
So I was thinking the Illuminati was monitoring the multiverse from somewhere outside the multiverse like the TVA but in reality they were just Earth-838 version of the Avengers.
Why would you think they were outside the multiverse??

In the comics Iron Man has the idea for the Illuminati so they can prevent shyt before it happens

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been doing this since Civil War and so far after looking at reviews from people who watch all the trailers and start speculation. I seem to be enjoying these movies more. Movies are better when you just go in blind and let them tell you their story instead of trying to make sure they check off your list of expectations.

yep. It’s the reasons I stopped watching trailers for the most part. I knew Prof X was in the movie but Reed would have been a surprise if it wasn’t for Entertainment Weekly spoiling it :snoop:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Normally, but fans got spoiled when everything they said would happen in No Way Home actually happened.

Had everybody thinking their #theories would always be true, so you can understand their frustration right now. :mjgrin:
Shame on 'em...they should've learned their lesson after WandaVision.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
NOW the only saving grace I can think off of the top of my head that was introduced in this movie is a incursion happening and 616 merges with another world with 616 becoming the surviving (or if they want to be really spicy, dying world) and introducing/merging missing characters and whole factions.
Nothing about any of the content that has been produced by the MCU makes me think any of that is even a possibility.
They like to occasionally dip a toe in the more out there comic booky shyt but they never go all in with embracing it.