The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
"Just not how you expected" Mann stop IT :stopitslime::russ: I expected a epic COHESIVE well produced Marvel film but what we got was a jumbled mess with splashes of greatness. I didn't come for Stranges relationship therapy and long walks through the town. And if we REALLY being honest that America character was a waste didnt even need that character in the movie

Stop what? You pivoting to another specific gripe

As far as the line, it was still said.

Now as far as all the other things you mention, that’s kinda maybe on you. Nothing felt jumbled to me as I followed the story completely fine. Long walks? Everything was paced well for me…. They didn’t stay too long on scenes. And America’s character? If anything I now see how she would’ve been used in SNWH as pre Covid this movie was ACTUALLY supposed to drop before that movie but they had to reaarange they schedule

shyt worked and made sense to me….. I’m gonna go see it again tonight :yeshrug:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't see many people here citing a lack of cameos for why this movie is a miss or is mid.

It's the only criticism that makes sense to me. Here's the other criticisms I've seen spitballed in this thread.

Bad script: Such a generic criticism that especially without examples can be said about any movie

Bad pacing: Already been broken down a few times in this thread why the pacing is far from bad, but to each their own opinion I guess

Character motivations don't make sense: Everyone following the shows to this point feasibly could see the plot going in this direction especially after how WandaVision ended with the post credit scene and with the recent events of NWH and Loki

Movie wasn't madness: nikka...we just saw Dr. Strange take possession of a dead body in the MCU and fight demons and shyt. Not to mention all the other shyt.

As like with any piece of media nowadays, nikkas have a kneejerk reaction to call shyt trash but fast forward 2/3 years from now they gonna start sneaking movies like this into their top 5 :yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
While he has time to study it sure, but something like the darkhold in as quick as the time he did? Some of y’all will say anything to defend it :yeshrug:

PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY BREH

He only needs to see it once

:snoop:

But ok

Yea….. sometimes people criticize Marvel for saying (but why do everything need to be connected and why I gotta watch everything to understand this one thing)

Sometimes it’s not really even that deep.

With that said, all one has to do is remember the 1st DS movie as there was literally that scene where he was reading and memorizes thousands of books in a matter of minutes discovering and learned new spells

Like we already seen him do it then so how is it a shock now? :russ:

Jards

All Star
Daps
This is why Marvel is the fukking goat - they know how to give the people what they want and more :wow:

I literally gasped when Reed Richards pulled up. Tears in my eyes when Professor X rolled up to the X-Men theme tune :mjcry:

Only watched the trailer after No Way Home and avoided any further trailers, reviews, threads - won’t be watching any further Marvel trailers going forward because the experience going in blind was incredible.

Film was dope too - was engaged from start to finish. Top ten Marvel movie for me.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is why Marvel is the fukking goat - they know how to give the people what they want and more :wow:

I literally gasped when Reed Richards pulled up. Tears in my eyes when Professor X rolled up to the X-Men theme tune :mjcry:

Only watched the trailer after No Way Home and avoided any further trailers, reviews, threads - won’t be watching any further Marvel trailers going forward because the experience going in blind was incredible.

Film was dope too - was engaged from start to finish. Top ten Marvel movie for me.

TV spots are the only way they get to me anymore, outside of previews. Now they make sure they even get the heavy shyt in those :russ: I will say even with going in mostly blind, there weren’t too many :ooh: story moments on my end. The fan service worked tho, mainly just in your spoiler off memory.

Salty af I had to miss out on my IMAX 3D slot, and the whole time I was catching scenes like “I know this shyt rings OFF in higher quality”, whether it was sound or visuals, damn near ready to watch again. First Dr. Strange was the first one I caught in IMAX, and that will be a lifelong memory.

By the time credits rolled I could wait to catch it at home tho, unless I’m taking somebody else.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
what movie did you watch to think she wasnt needed? :dahell:

Listen im not some Dr Strange nerd deep into the lore of characters. But do know It was so many other angles they could gone with instead of some corny america character

Jards

All Star
Daps
TV spots are the only way they get to me anymore, outside of previews. Now they make sure they even get the heavy shyt in those :russ: I will say even with going in mostly blind, there weren’t too many :ooh: story moments on my end. The fan service worked tho, mainly just in your spoiler off memory.

Salty af I had to miss out on my IMAX 3D slot, and the whole time I was catching scenes like “I know this shyt rings OFF in higher quality”, whether it was sound or visuals, damn near ready to watch again. First Dr. Strange was the first one I caught in IMAX, and that will be a lifelong memory.

By the time credits rolled I could wait to catch it at home tho, unless I’m taking somebody else.
Watched in IMAX 3D on a huge screen and can confirm it fukking banged out :ohlawd:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Stop what? You pivoting to another specific gripe

As far as the line, it was still said.

Now as far as all the other things you mention, that’s kinda maybe on you. Nothing felt jumbled to me as I followed the story completely fine. Long walks? Everything was paced well for me…. They didn’t stay too long on scenes. And America’s character? If anything I now see how she would’ve been used in SNWH as pre Covid this movie was ACTUALLY supposed to drop before that movie but they had to reaarange they schedule

shyt worked and made sense to me….. I’m gonna go see it again tonight :yeshrug:

if you like it cool breh. See 10 times. I thought it was mediocre. Thats cool too. :ufdup::camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cameos turned out to really be just that. Honestly, they weren't even needed in the movie, so since they weren't used t full effect, they could've used that time to develop Miss Macguffin America
I feel like making
Reed Richard & Professor X
cameos in this movie with no background context and minimal screen time was a wasted intro and could they could have easily just utilized two different characters as part of the Illuminati
especially when they were just killed off with the quickness by Wanda
Other than that, the movie was solid and enjoyed every moment. I was sitting there with anticipation as the movie was about to start and was pleasantly surprised it didn't waste anytime with getting straight into the action. Wasn't any moment with filler dialogue/scenes which is why I don't understand the pacing complaints.
Crazy to think as a kid that Dr. Strange could be built up to an A-List superhero on the big screen comic universe.

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
everyone I know that went in 100% spoiler free LOVED the movie. I liked it a lot, but wish I went in blind

it seems like the people that didnt care for the movie went deep on spoilers, created unrealistic expectations and walked away disappointed

I will say, Marvel played into the hype a bit as well - so they should take some blame on expectation setting as well

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I cannot wait to see the cosmic and magical visuals they got in store this phase :wow: imma have to smoke that MCU pack before every tent pole release from now on.

Between the NWH mirror fight, and these sequences, it’s only getting better.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
[QUOTE="CarltonJunior, post: 45858841, member: 16013"

Movie wasn't madness: nikka...we just saw Dr. Strange take possession of a dead body in the MCU and fight demons and shyt. Not to mention all the other shyt.
[/QUOTE]

this shyt was better than the entire sequel, imo. the opening scene had considerably worse cgi, the little attempt to one up this when they go through dinosaur/paint/cartoon/etc lands wasn't close, and then the demonic possession stuff paled in comparison. it's on me for expecting more of this "trippy" psychodelic shyt i guess. i wanted more than, "oh man, this NY is crazy. it's got trees and red means go!" Honestly, this movie *looked* like it came out 5 years before the first one. I'll just keep blaming covid b/c i don't wanna believe this slump marvel is currently in is on them.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
if you like it cool breh. See 10 times. I thought it was mediocre. Thats cool too. :ufdup::camby:

This isn’t a sword fighting contest.
:russ:

Although I’m a DC Stan:troll:

I’m not attacking you for not liking this movie like a common DC stan:mjgrin:

This a safe place here Buuuddddddddddy to freely speak your mind