The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
He always seems to be in a different movie. Infinity War was the closest he got to good chemistry with the other cast.
I think that’s a Benedict thing. All his characters are socially awkward. He’s probably just that way in real life. But he’s got a great movie presence to be a star but yea, he doesn’t know how to be “warm”.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
:laff: so in 616 the book is just a copy of carvings in a temple….

…but in EVERY other reality its the book…only the book

AND in her death she had the ability to locate the book in all universes, and destroy the book, which is a MASSIVE boost of multiversal power we have never seen thus far :heh: probably the most powerful thing we’ve seen.
You don’t get it. You see she was able to amplify her powers through the Scarlet hex derp derp derp derp. And then derp derped the derp derp derp.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
On top of that it didn't really add to anything, it was like a filler movie, at least the rest of the movies this phase have added multiple things to the 616 universe to make it seems like it's growing.

This movie really only "killed" wanda and gave them miss america.

NOW the only saving grace I can think off of the top of my head that was introduced in this movie is a incursion happening and 616 merges with another world with 616 becoming the surviving (or if they want to be really spicy, dying world) and introducing/merging missing characters and whole factions.
They expanded multiverse. Introed Illuminati, Fantastic 4, Prof X, Black Bolt/Inhumans, Incursions, made Strange have dark powers, established Wong as Sorceror Supreme (I thought they were going to give it back to Strange), Clea, America.

And it was a lot fun to watch. That’s worth the price of the ticket right there.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
So the movie was bad to some folks cuz...there werent enough cameos?

Or not the cameos that "leakers" said would be in it?
perfect amount of cameos, they were just kinda... lame. cool to see them officially confirmed as mcu canon, but at the same time, Feige can turn around and say, "stop asking about the fukkin xmen, we literally just let you see an alt-Charles" and drag that shyt out for another 5 years. i mean, they won't, but they have that card should they choose to play it

i never believed Tom Cruise was gonna be in this movie. some of the leaks online were like, "yo, then Michael Jai White shows up as Spawn!" "is that even marvel?" "Don't matter, every person who has ever played or has been rumored to be a hero is in this shyt!"

but on that topic, i don't think this delivered on the title. they went to a couple universes - none of which were all that great, and "madness" seems like an extreme word for what we watched. "He's a zombie now. it's madddddnessss!!!" "Wanda is still mad about her stupid kids!!"

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i really need to know the ins and outs of production on this movie. i wanna know what Derrickson had planned when they first greenlit the sequel. were the illuminati the re-shoots? so does that mean the initial idea was gonna be all multiverse hopping? that seems to lend itself more to "multiverse of madness" then what we got, where they jump through in one montage, fight a ribbon demon once, go to some shytty tree covered illuminati NY and then a NY that is deteriorating. Did they even go anywhere else? that shyt wasn't very creative. a split second of dinosaurs, paint, and animated universe isn't saving that.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Movie was ehhh ...okay

kind of fell flat

Although it was better than most DC movies

I was definitely expecting more from the characters that appeared ..they were all mostly pointless

outside of Wanda they were all the weakest versions of themselves

Thanos minions > the Illuminati

Overall I'm disappointed but it was entertaining

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They expanded multiverse. Introed Illuminati, Fantastic 4, Prof X, Black Bolt/Inhumans, Incursions, made Strange have dark powers, established Wong as Sorceror Supreme (I thought they were going to give it back to Strange), Clea, America.

And it was a lot fun to watch. That’s worth the price of the ticket right there.
The mulitverse was expanded with Loki and from what I understand What if, but as a concept itself the multiverse is "ever expanding" the illuminati weren't canon so it didn't really matter and were all chumps. Incursions potentially could be important, Wong has been SS so it was already established, Clea after credit scene was just bad and lame... She hops out of no were and strange readily goes with her while opening the 3rd eye, which she see's nothing wrong with lol. They could at least spent some time with him instantly being fluttered or intrigued so people that don't know they are a couple in the future could get the point. Miss America is going to sit in pocket until its time for a teen avenger movie or they need to jump dimensions. But yeah she was introduced.

I'm not knocking people for liking what they like.

But overall the forgiveness for this movie has a lot to do with the "shock" value and 1st time elements in marvel movies.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
So the movie was bad to some folks cuz...there werent enough cameos?

Or not the cameos that "leakers" said would be in it?

That's what it feels like to me. Idk what these nikkas on.

This movie will easily be remembered as a highlight of the phase and a top 10 marvel movie to this point. nikkas hated after infinity war and black panther too so it's to be expected on the Coli

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
perfect amount of cameos, they were just kinda... lame. cool to see them officially confirmed as mcu canon, but at the same time, Feige can turn around and say, "stop asking about the fukkin xmen, we literally just let you see an alt-Charles" and drag that shyt out for another 5 years. i mean, they won't, but they have that card should they choose to play it

i never believed Tom Cruise was gonna be in this movie. some of the leaks online were like, "yo, then Michael Jai White shows up as Spawn!" "is that even marvel?" "Don't matter, every person who has ever played or has been rumored to be a hero is in this shyt!"

but on that topic, i don't think this delivered on the title. they went to a couple universes - none of which were all that great, and "madness" seems like an extreme word for what we watched. "He's a zombie now. it's madddddnessss!!!" "Wanda is still mad about her stupid kids!!"

I respect it.

I thought they delivered on the title and premise myself. Multiverse being singular and there was just one particular one that MCU Wanda focused on which had her kids, yet also this version of the Illuminati.

The real thing is where are all these characters in the MCU we've watched over the last 10 years? Obviously they coming and they ultimately will be the best versions of themselves

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
That's what it feels like to me. Idk what these nikkas on.

This movie will easily be remembered as a highlight of the phase and a top 10 marvel movie to this point. nikkas hated after infinity war and black panther too so it's to be expected on the Coli
I don't see many people here citing a lack of cameos for why this movie is a miss or is mid.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I respect it.

I thought they delivered on the title and premise myself. Multiverse being singular and there was just one particular one that MCU Wanda focused on which had her kids, yet also this version of the Illuminati.

The real thing is where are all these characters in the MCU we've watched over the last 10 years? Obviously they coming and they ultimately will be the best versions of themselves

Multiverse is singular by definition. It’s a collection of universes