• Cinematography
  • Wanda acting
  • recalls to older movies, characters and things

Things I didn't like about the movie

• Plot
  • Fluctuating power levels especially of wanda and Strange
  • Great value illuminati
  • Everyone else's outfit outside of Strange, Wanda and Mordo
The illuminati getting washed by wanda but especially so the males. Reed the smartest man on any world jumps head 1st into battle, Blackbolt forgetting how his powers work and the fact he can actually channel it through his body as well. Charles getting his necked snapped in the astral planes by Wanda with no epic battle at all. But enhanced Peggy throwing blows with her and Photon go back and forth with her, though she just rearranged two whole other people on a molecular level..

• The hall chance scene were they are all running when strange and wanda can both fly, as if reg old doors can stop either one of them.
  • Shuma gorath being a chump and mini boss
  • Chasing the BOV only to never get to use it at all
  • Wanda getting worked by ghost :mjlol: she's has a whole book of damned :mjlol:
  • Strange sleep walking into a dead body (literally makes no sense in context of how it was explained)
  • Strange ex fighting off spirits with her bare hand and then blowing them up with magic fire:mjlol:
  • Wanda needing to go through a whole ritual to take her powers at the end instead of just sucking them out like everyone has been trying to do all movie giving zombie strange enough time to arrive:mjlol:
  • Wanda "killing" herself and somehow destroying EVERY book in all realities, but didn't even realize the book she had wasn't an original

I'm stop here the more I think about it he more and more I remember how bad it was.

But people are overlooking this because it had gore and was horror.

If this would have lacked both those things this movie would be getting much more hate.

Last edited:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
  • Wanda "killing" herself and somehow destroying EVERY book in all realities, but didn't even realize the book she had wasn't an original
:laff: so in 616 the book is just a copy of carvings in a temple….

…but in EVERY other reality its the book…only the book

AND in her death she had the ability to locate the book in all universes, and destroy the book, which is a MASSIVE boost of multiversal power we have never seen thus far :heh: probably the most powerful thing we’ve seen.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Elizabeth Olsen did her thing.
her and her scenes actually mattered and built her character.
The America Chavez actor was mid at best.
It also was wasted since she was the damsel in distress and just screamed in fear/pain a lot of the time.
I'm finding that Benedict doesn't really have chemistry with anyone. Even his banter with Wong in the movie seems so paint by the numbers. He seemed okay with Tom Holland in NWH but it still seemed off. I don't think he's good at playing off these characters.

He always seems to be in a different movie. Infinity War was the closest he got to good chemistry with the other cast.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this movie was as much a sequel to Wandavision and What If as it was a sequel to Doctor Strange, and that's not sitting well with me. Maybe if Wandavision didn't JUST happen and it wasn't such a phenomenon b/c we were covid starved for MCU content it wouldn't have bothered me as much, but it still felt very "i just fukkin watched this" throughout the movie. And on the flip of that, we just saw Strange have a huge part in No Way Home and for some reason his stuff didn't make me feel like we've seen too much Strange. strange indeed.

and now the "leaker" people online are saying there's gonna be a Scarlett Witch movie. We definitely need more of Wanda looking for whiney little kids and shooting red shyt from her fingers. definitely a lot more to pull from there... even if that's the first Mutant movie, and she brings all the Xmen in, we're still talking about a good hour of "my boyssssss"

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: so in 616 the book is just a copy of carvings in a temple….

…but in EVERY other reality its the book…only the book

AND in her death she had the ability to locate the book in all universes, and destroy the book, which is a MASSIVE boost of multiversal power we have never seen this far :heh: probably the most powerful thing we’ve seen.
  • Things I didn't like about the movie

• Plot
  • Fluctuating power levels especially of wanda and Strange

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this movie was as much a sequel to Wandavision and What If as it was a sequel to Doctor Strange, and that's not sitting well with me. Maybe if Wandavision didn't JUST happen and it wasn't such a phenomenon b/c we were covid starved for MCU content it wouldn't have bothered me as much, but it still felt very "i just fukkin watched this" throughout the movie. And on the flip of that, we just saw Strange have a huge part in No Way Home and for some reason his stuff didn't make me feel like we've seen too much Strange. strange indeed.
On top of that it didn't really add to anything, it was like a filler movie, at least the rest of the movies this phase have added multiple things to the 616 universe to make it seems like it's growing.

This movie really only "killed" wanda and gave them miss america.

NOW the only saving grace I can think off of the top of my head that was introduced in this movie is a incursion happening and 616 merges with another world with 616 becoming the surviving (or if they want to be really spicy, dying world) and introducing/merging missing characters and whole factions.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was between full price and matinee on the Double Toasted scale. Slept on it and went with full price. Watching DT and see they gave it high matinee :russ: checks out. Time to finally catch some of these reviews and thinkpieces .

Amazing visual spectacle (to be expected), and Wanda and Strange did their mf thing, although woulda been nice to see a lot more reality warping and less “being reasonable”. The Illuminati getting packed out was crazy!

Also heavily fw the less-censored violence, and hope they bring it to 616 characters. They’ve dabbled in the horror/thriller themes very lightly, so nice to see Raimi get to lean into his bag, even tho I’m not as much of a Raimi fan as I was coming up.

Looking forward to seeing the effects of the incursion :banderas:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
but I think strange having to answer to the Illuminati for both his multiverse fukkery in nwh

Marvel don't own the Sony Spiderman movies.

Which means the plot of a Sony Spiderman movie can never be a focal point or have great impact in an actual fully produced Marvel movie.

Meanwhile it's the other way round with the Spiderman movies they react off what happens MCU movies.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The mistake of the movie is not putting more of an emphasis on the cameos....and should have chosen better cameos

The cameos turned out to really be just that. Honestly, they weren't even needed in the movie, so since they weren't used t full effect, they could've used that time to develop Miss Macguffin America