The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
*This isn’t a really a spoiler, since it’s about the trailers, but I’d rather be safe* :hamster:

The trailers gave too much away. They could’ve left any scene with America out, and just showed Wanda and Strange. The later trailer with Captain Marvel phase attacking Wanda and Prof X’s voice and yellow wheelchair, were overkill. Would’ve been momentous had the Illuminati been kept secret; only showing Mordo.
This is why you just don’t watch trailers. I stay away from that. And during release week i shut off news recommendations. These articles spoil everything with thumbnails and headlines.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
This movie was heat. Loved it.

I went in blind, as usual and was sidelined by the surprises.

They had the X-Men in this bytch?! OG Charles Xavier with the 97 X-Men theme song? Fantastic 4?!
Female Captain America was dope asf.

The acting performances by the co-stars were fantastic.

Sam Raimi's style married very well with the Marvel's formula and the intrigue was relatively complex and interesting. Loved the conclusion and liked the themes of the movie. The direction and some of the scenes were awe-inspiring at numerous parts and just left me taking in everything that was going on.

Wanda cutting the apple tree branches, symbolizing that she must let go of parts of herself to grow healthy :wow:

Dr Strange tiptoeing the line of being a villain himself because of his extreme pragmatism :ohhh:

I like that he wasn't scared to go all in terms of the representations of witchcraft and occult forces. Dr Strange is a wizard and Wanda a witch and he really showed it wasn't some usual Marvel kiddy pew pew magic beam! bullshyt. He showed it really was stuff that was not to be played with.

The action scenes were also amazing; that's to be expected with the man who directed the original Spider-Man trilogy.

Enjoyed myself greatly.

Ha, and that second post-credit scene :pachaha:

Total cosign haters are bugging. Probably knew too much going in and it didnt go as expected. I avoided as much as I could and I'm someone who actually has dr strange comic books in my.house

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I think that's the way it should be. Strange is still arrogant as fukk and honestly, I truly believes he thinks EVERYBODY is below him in some way.

Didn't respect the Ancient One until she mystically smacked him upside his head.

Never listens to Wong even when Wong has more wisdom and is usually right

The first time he met Tony Stark, he basically told him he ain't shyt.

Told Tony and a teenager that he had no problem letting their asses die if it came between them and the time stone.

Wong, THE SORCERER SUPREME, told Strange to not do the time spell in NWH and Strange did that shyt anyway on some, "We know who the real sorcerer supreme is, nikka. fukk outta here" shyt.

HE fukked the spell up in NWH and then blamed Peter like Peter would know how fukking magic works.

And my favorite:
told Wanda EXACTLY where America was
even though it's very clear that Wanda is completely fukking unstable.

The Illuminati
was right. Every fukking Dr. Strange in every multiverse is a god damn threat.

Strange deservedly swags on people. People loved iron man for that shyt and hes a rich guy with technology. Strange was a world renowned surgeon and immediately became the goat sorcerer. That's not exactly a typical career path. Youd be swagging too

calh45

Cal
Daps
lol if he's talking about the music fight, it was unique, but in no way was it better than stuff from the first movie and DEFNITELY not better than the Thanos fight

Exactly. The Voldemort vs Dumbledore fight was more creative and more compelling.

The movie itself was a solid meh to me. They could've consulted the Rick and Morty writers for better multiverse ideas. The constant "you're self centered" talking points were heavy handed. Disney post Thanos hasn't made any movies better than a C-

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. The Voldemort vs Dumbledore fight was more creative and more compelling.

The movie itself was a solid meh to me. They could've consulted the Rick and Morty writers for better multiverse ideas. The constant "you're self centered" talking points were heavy handed. Disney post Thanos hasn't made any movies better than a C-
pretty positive the dude who wrote it was on the Rick and Morty staff. same guy who did Loki. ... well, the guy who did the final draft. i'm sure this had 10 writers

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think anything from the first movie topped this movie
i love the set pieces in Strange 1. i think it's an awesome movie after a slow start even with a wasted Mads. The score of part 1 destroyed this one. Strange had a sick character score. that mystic sound was basically abandoned here. this shyt had nothing memorable. a movie with a fight that revolved around literal music and i don't think any of the music stood out. not the most important thing, but gimmie Giacchino over washed Danny Elfman. And if i'm being honest, i actually liked Derrickson's direction better than Raimi's.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Just left the theater. I’m actually on the fence about this one. :francis:

I’ll think it over a little bit.

calh45

Cal
Daps
pretty positive the dude who wrote it was on the Rick and Morty staff. same guy who did Loki. ... well, the guy who did the final draft. i'm sure this had 10 writers

So you're telling me they had one of the cats who wrote on the preeminent multiverse show, with this budget, and visited a grand total of three universes?

This leans into why I thought it was meh. If they were really creative, with Sam Raimi, a horror director, this could've been one of the GOAT possession/demonic chase movies of all time. Imagine Freddy chasing people through dreams and also through universes. This concept had so much missing potential.......and that's not even going into the illuminati/fantastic four/professor X shyt they nerfed and destroyed in 4.5 minutes. Reed is putting up a GOAT level fight against anyone. They made Peggy more capable than the smartest man in existence who knew a threat was coming.