The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I didn't watch What If at all (I hate the What If comics so I'd never touch the show), and don't know about anything that happened in it. It just came off as "Peggy Carter is a super soldier in this universe. OK." The why or how she is a super solider doesn't matter in this movie, so it's a little more than an Easter Egg for those that did watch. If that's the case, then you would still have to answer who Black Bolt is, who Mr Fantastic is, and why Maria Rambeau is Captain Marvel in this. It's the same logic. It wasn't relevant to the story, so they could've practically used anything, but them basically establishing that there is a multiverse in which different things happen in-movie already answers those questions. HOWEVER, I do agree that WandaVision did matter, since this is damn near a sequel to it more than anything.
you can google all these characters. and they don't need to explain every god damn thing to yall. and like i just said, yall want explanation then yall don't watch the explanation. complaining about this version of Peggy Carter when you didn't watch What If. :mjlol: What If also explained the Dr Strange with 3 eyes.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The complaint that “you had to have watched the D+ shows to get it” is moot when
  • Disney is in the business of selling movies AND disney plus. Its what it is.
  • How often in comics do they reference some super obscure shyt and be like *[SEE ASM 321-323] or *[SEE INHUMANS ISSUE 45 FROM 7 YEARS AGO]? Its the most comic shyt ever
  • Did you really need more exposition to understand why wanda is obsessive over her kids or who captain carter or black bolt is? Especially since they get murked 7 minutes later?
yall want explanations of shyt, they give them to yall, then you refuse to watch the explanation. it's that simple. it has been clearly laid out that the Disney+ shows are part of the MCU. This isn't murky shyt like DC is doing.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
yall want explanations of shyt, they give them to yall, then you refuse to watch the explanation. it's that simple. it has been clearly laid out that the Disney+ shows are part of the MCU. This isn't murky shyt like DC is doing.
And if you dont watch it, you gotta accept it…when reading comics if you dont get a reference to the Marquis of Doom, because you didnt read mark millar’s FF doom…welp :manny:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The complaint that “you had to have watched the D+ shows to get it” is moot when
  • Disney is in the business of selling movies AND disney plus. Its what it is.
  • How often in comics do they reference some super obscure shyt and be like *[SEE ASM 321-323] or *[SEE INHUMANS ISSUE 45 FROM 7 YEARS AGO]? Its the most comic shyt ever
  • Did you really need more exposition to understand why wanda is obsessive over her kids or who captain carter or black bolt is? Especially since they get murked 7 minutes later?

The obscure stuff is a nod and wink. You don't have to purchase those comics to get it.

If you never watched Wandavision, how do you know that Wanda has imaginary children? There are many that watch the movies and don't consume any other media. That's a curveball for them. You are the minority here.

Y'all ALWAYS defend Feige's decision making.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
The obscure stuff is a nod and wink. You don't have to purchase those comics to get it.

If you never watched Wandavision, how do you know that Wanda has imaginary children? There are many that watch the movies and don't consume any other media. That's a curveball for them. You are the minority here.

Y'all ALWAYS defend Feige's decision making.
Imo if u never watched Wandavision u shouldn't watch this movie

In fact if u haven't seen the previous 25+ MCU films u shouldn't watch any new marvel movies in general

U got a backlog to catch up to if that's the case

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is that captain Marvel in canon at all? Could’ve been Mar-vell or Noh-Varr :francis:

reed richards getting moked out before we got to see any usage of his powers really :francis:

no black panther or ironman in the illuminati :francis:

not big deals really but really them being there for exposition and canon fodder is a disappointment. Especially without KANG, who i expected.
Kang returns in Ant Man 3

they need him to have a Thanos like impact BADLY

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I was entertained throughout and was surprised at how much Raimi was allowed to put his signature on it. Still feel like he wasn’t completely unleashed and it prevents the movie from reaching the upper MCU echelon.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
(just a random example) Imagine going to see the Sex and the City movie, then complaining that they didn't explain who the characters are knowing there's a whole series that came before the movie.

LMAOOOOO at this comparison. SATC movie was based off of the series. There is no SATC movie without the show.

I'm done. Marvel Set is a bunch of bytches that can't accept criticism.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Also...even though Christine said that Strange was from 616

I don't think MCU is gonna be 616 :patrice:

I think that it just happens that they call the MCU 616...but it's NOT 616 because where are the X-Men and the Fantastic Four:jbhmm:

Unless Kang really has fukked the timeline up THAT MUCH :lupe: