The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I never saw the show but they give enough explanation, you see him use his power before it's used against him. Also the Captain Carter is self explanatory.

The further Marvel delves info the multiverse with other mediums the more complicated that it’s going to get. Let’s not sit here and pretend like the concept of time travel and all it entails is easy to understand.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think the premise that the trailers sold was much more compelling than what we got.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the deaths but I think strange having to answer to the Illuminati for both his multiverse fukkery in nwh and supremes strange multiverse fukkery while fighting thanos would’ve been cool.

Add a Wanda double cross in the movie and I think you can basically get the same ending

:yeshrug:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
A TV show that got cancelled because people weren't watching. Even if they know who Peggy Carter is, they don't know how she became Captain America if they never watched the Disney+ TV show so it is relevant.

I didn't watch What If at all (I hate the What If comics so I'd never touch the show), and don't know about anything that happened in it. It just came off as "Peggy Carter is a super soldier in this universe. OK." The why or how she is a super solider doesn't matter in this movie, so it's a little more than an Easter Egg for those that did watch. If that's the case, then you would still have to answer who Black Bolt is, who Mr Fantastic is, and why Maria Rambeau is Captain Marvel in this. It's the same logic. It wasn't relevant to the story, so they could've practically used anything, but them basically establishing that there is a multiverse in which different things happen in-movie already answers those questions. HOWEVER, I do agree that WandaVision did matter, since this is damn near a sequel to it more than anything.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
:mjlol: fair enough

thats me and Moon Knight…i just cannot care and have no fukkin idea whats going on lmao

Lol it's so bad bruh when this all started i hadn't even heard of Iron Man and Thor etc. At this point I just watch whatever come out and then watch one of them joints on YouTube telling me all the details I missed and call it a day.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I didn't watch What If at all (I hate the What If comics so I'd never touch the show), and don't know about anything that happened in it. It just came off as "Peggy Carter is a super soldier in this universe. OK." The why or how she is a super solider doesn't matter in this movie, so it's a little more than an Easter Egg for those that did watch. If that's the case, then you would still have to answer who Black Bolt is, who Mr Fantastic is, and why Maria Rambeau is Captain Marvel in this. It's the same logic. It wasn't relevant to the story, so they could've practically used anything, but them basically establishing that there is a multiverse in which different things happen in-movie already answers those questions. HOWEVER, I do agree that WandaVision did matter, since this is damn near a sequel to it more than anything.
Is that captain Marvel in canon at all? Could’ve been Could’ve been Mar-vell or Noh-Varr
Wait, that was Maria Rambeau? The same from Wandavision? Didnt even realize

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I hate the Multiverse theory...Marvel comics doesn't use it this way, and they clearly have no clue what to do with it in the MCU. Technically, this Strange wasn't even answering for what he did, they had him on trial for what their version did there.

I hope they kill this multiverse ish. The public didn't even like most of the non-Marvel Studio movies, disliked them more since the MCU, but now they want to seem them return? I don't get it.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
That's not answering what I said. Captain Carter would be a new character to them. This movie leans too much into the streaming shows. If you want to do a wink and a nod here and there, fine but you cannot have the foundation of your plot be based on something that you had to consume six hours of to understand.
this is silly. the entire MCU is connected. that's literally the appeal of the MCU. everything exists in the same universe (or multiverse).

this kind of hints at what i said about people complaining about origin stories in the MCU. people will sit there and say "they need to make a prequel to explain___________" if they just jump into a plot. then people complain about the origin story (or in this case the MCU tv shows) not being worth a watch. :mjlol:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Just a side note.....I hated the musical fight

Seemed so out of place

Thought the Music Meister strolled through

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
The complaint that “you had to have watched the D+ shows to get it” is moot when
  • Disney is in the business of selling movies AND disney plus. Its what it is.
  • How often in comics do they reference some super obscure shyt and be like *[SEE ASM 321-323] or *[SEE INHUMANS ISSUE 45 FROM 7 YEARS AGO]? Its the most comic shyt ever
  • Did you really need more exposition to understand why wanda is obsessive over her kids or who captain carter or black bolt is? Especially since they get murked 7 minutes later?