The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
How was this a better film?

Is was by far worse, the only good part is the cinematography and Wanda's acting.

Everything from the story, plot, and execution was very meh to whack.

Agreed. NWH did better with its multiverse and the cameos.

MoM had more distinct direction style but that’s really in spurts. The marvel formula is alive and well through out too.

I wouldn’t call this whack but it definitely ended up being more straight forward than I expected. I thought events of NWH would directly affect this as well.

I think it’s above average but just short of being great. I can see why people are adulating it tho. Wanda is awesome in it and the horror parts work really well and provides something different.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The average person doesn't know who Captain Carter is nor Billy and Tommy along with the events of Westview. I don't like the idea of throwing in Disney+ shows as the backbone of the plot.

If they saw Captain America, they know who Peggy Carter is. The fact that she was Captain Carter in this is irrelevant. And Black Bolt is from the TV show.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Man, Tom probably read the Illumaniti section and was like, "You want Tom Cruise to do what?" :gucci:
*fukk all that Steve Buscemi gif

Yeah, Tom Cruise would never take on a bit role

EaBLYWpXkAAVQEg.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If they saw Captain America, they know who Peggy Carter is. The fact that she was Captain Carter in this is irrelevant. And Black Bolt is from the TV show.

A TV show that got cancelled because people weren't watching. Even if they know who Peggy Carter is, they don't know how she became Captain America if they never watched the Disney+ TV show so it is relevant.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

That's not answering what I said. Captain Carter would be a new character to them. This movie leans too much into the streaming shows. If you want to do a wink and a nod here and there, fine but you cannot have the foundation of your plot be based on something that you had to consume six hours of to understand.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's not answering what I said. Captain Carter would be a new character to them. This movie leans too much into the streaming shows. If you want to do a wink and a nod here and there, fine but you cannot have the foundation of your plot be based on something that you had to consume six hours of to understand.

I've made that exact argument on multiple occasions in this forum, yet people kept downplaying it. It was one of my main complaints in how they're setting up this Universe as casual fans are not going to watch all of the Disney+ TV shows as they did the movies to fully understand what's going on.

Before people come trying to insist otherwise, casual fans do matter. The concept of time travel and alternative universes can get confusing and putting certain aspect of it on TV instead of film isn't going to help that.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Trust I know.

When that storyline ended it directly led into where I said this is leading up to.

OOOOH.

I completely forgot about the second Secret Wars LOL...I guess that's how forgettable a lot of it was to me. When I replied, I instantly thought OG Secret Wars.

My bad LOL But it does make sense given the current MCU landscape.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
As casual fan, I denno, I see it both ways. I didn't know who half them characters were but I got the general idea.

Ain't never seen those shows, but I got why she's pissed.

I think it was still casual enough that a dumbass like me could follow. I obviously don't know intricate details, but the story made sense.

This might not be a good example, but the Resident Evil reboot leaned on the viewer to know about the characters already, so people like me who's played the games. But it was also general enough that their basic traits and motives are easy enough to follow.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Hmm film was just OK. I was in a sold out screening and the crowd barely made a noise. Outside of the brief cameos and even those were muted.

I'd be interested in knowing what the reshoots added or took away.

As what's here is a bit all over the place. Tonally I would have been interested in what the original director Scott Derrickson would have brought as he apparently wanted the story to be darker.

Raimi did not work for me. His zany horror style undercut a lot of the emotion. I love Evil Dead and Drag me to hell, but here, man it didn't hit.

Then we come to the action sequences. Not one memorable one in this movie.

You also have Wanda who should be off the leash seeing as she's gone 'crazy' and who lets not forget almost bodied Thanos by herself. She's basically jobbing. Same as Strange and Wong. These battles should have been amazing visually. A powerful witch and powerful socerers. But none had any of the oomph of the previous movies. Which brings onto another point.

The VFX was rough as hell in this. That scene in NY with that monster sheesh.

Overall so far this phase is not hitting for me.

I think Thor will be the better movie. Taika Waititi at least has a great handle on Thor and knows the right tone to strike.

Both this movie and NWH are not great movies I rewatched NWH recently and that movie is even messier. Nostalgia carried that movie. As watching it again outside of a hyped cinema crowd the film was very basic.

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
The average person doesn't know who Captain Carter is nor Billy and Tommy along with the events of Westview. I don't like the idea of throwing in Disney+ shows as the backbone of the plot.

I actually think it's smart by them though since eventually the movies/shows will just be side by side on the app. Like you don't HAVE to study but some of the lessons will be on the exam.