The Official "Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness" Thread

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Incursions happened more recently in Time Runs Out. I think they would go with that before Secret Wars, especially since they're really harping on this multiverse thing.

Trust I know.

When that storyline ended it directly led into where I said this is leading up to.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this was def a better movie. NWH was entertaining in the realm of meeting MCU requirements but this was actually a better film imo. Lol Superhero Evil Dead

sam could prob do an insane Marvel Zombie flick
How was this a better film?

Is was by far worse, the only good part is the cinematography and Wanda's acting.

Everything from the story, plot, and execution was very meh to whack.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This film seems to have ended the Krasinski for Reed Richards online campaign :mjlol: I was on board in the beginning but the fan boys were doing too much and made it boring

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Like what?

shoot, i thought they went all out. A lot of fan service. What we want Marvel gives us.

Fan service is cool, but it's beginning to become a bit too abundant in the absence of good storytelling. I'll be honest NWH suffered from this. NWH's ACTUAL story is really a mess. I think people overlooked that because of nostalgia.

I expected Scarlett Witch to be controlled by something darker. Be it Nightmare, Dormammu or Mordo. I thought the illuminati to be more impactful in the broader story. Mordo is just there. They don't seem to know what to do with him or understand he should be a much bigger part of the arc.

There's a lot of 1 and done so far in Phase 4. Setting broader arcs was so much better in the earlier phases. If Kang is the new Thanos, tease him more like they did Thanos. Maybe have the Illuminati know of him, something. This was my same issue with the Eternals, so easy to at least "talk" about something adjacent that expands the story like the earlier phases.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Raimi killed it directing wise. He did a phenomenal job. Glad to see Raimi back doing Superhero movies.

My only critique is, The Russo Bros seem to have the best handle on Doctor Strange from a character level. His best character depiction is in Infinity War.
I feel like this is case with any character the russo's get their hands on. If it was possible i'd have them direct every MCU movie.