The Official DC/Maryland/Virginia Area Thread

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Keith Lee hit the carryout local to me. I've passed by this spot a million times, and it's exactly what I thought it was.

And probably the most famous and overrated Ethiopian restaurant in DC...aka started Ethiopian...and predictably...

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Breh must have got some trash recommendations. You ain't get not ONE good meal out of 12??:what:
What are the good recommendations in D.C.? I saw a youtuber say the food in DC is average but idk if that's true.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What are the good recommendations in D.C.? I saw a youtuber say the food in DC is average but idk if that's true.

People that watch Keith Lee are the type of folks to rock with Guy Fieri and Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

DC does not have that at all. (you might find that in Maryland/NOVA - but DC commercial rent is too expensive for that type of thing)

If your tastes are more "down town manhattan/hipster brooklyn/Viral LA" and you're making at least GS-12 money - DC will take care of you.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
DMV has good food. There's just a complete lack of dearth of casual, low to mid priced food that isn't fast food. DC is the city of fast casuals (many are very good tbs) and instagram restaurants.

DMV has good Viet, Ethiopian, East African, West African, Korean and Salvadoran food, particularly in the suburbs. Good steakhouses and good brunch spots. but DC is also too expensive and image/status conscious too.

We also have interesting fusion and random cuisines like Balkan cuisine, Afghan, and Georgian food .

Baltimore is better for food in general but DC seems to get shytted on unnecessarily.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
There's plenty already mentioned in this thread. I'm just saying who is recommending spots like this? :scust:

If breh wanted wings I would've pointed him to Dcity or fedpig at the very least.

I'm not so much of a homer to naively think it's the best food city in America or anything. But if you get 12 recommendations of DMV spots and not one of them good, something off

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
What do you recommend in Baltimore?

Caribbean
African
Soul Food
Cajun/Creole

Especially.
imma have to get back to you because I don't know the names of the places I've been to since my fiancee brought me there :deadrose:
I haven't been to any African spots in Baltimore but I have been to Caribbean and Soul food joints (also Mexican, Argentinian, American). levee get back to you

DPeezy

Rookie
Daps
There's plenty already mentioned in this thread. I'm just saying who is recommending spots like this? :scust:

If breh wanted wings I would've pointed him to Dcity or fedpig at the very least.

I'm not so much of a homer to naively think it's the best food city in America or anything. But if you get 12 recommendations of DMV spots and not one of them good, something off

He didn't say NONE of them are good. There's already been a couple vids posted in this thread that he gave favorable ratings

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Oxtail Pizza?

Don't know if I should be intrigued or offended...

Link works, just click through.

Just pizza, nothing NSFW

Today's Pizza in NE