The Official DC/Maryland/Virginia Area Thread

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
salute to Keith lee for using his platform for good but

son is not a reputable food critic or someone whose opinion should be taken as gospel . people need to stop putting so much stock into people just because they have followers on social media
Just curious but who would you consider a reputable food critic? :patrice:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Honeymoon Chicken used to be so good. They fell off hard in the last year.

Someone was saying Keith Lee should’ve gone there instead. Then someone else said no and posted a video of a bunch of rats in there lol. Maybe that’s why they fell off.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Someone whose is/was a chef or owns restaurants

Like a Bourdain

I only look at internet influencers for date ideas/reviews and make my own determinations once I visit :yeshrug:
I see your logic but that is a bad example considering he's dead. :beli: I look at it like movie reviews from Rotten Tomatoes. I've seen movies they gave low ratings to that I enjoyed and the opposite. Sometimes I just rather hear reviews from ordinary people because sometime "experts" can be on some real bullshyt. Just my opinion.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I see your logic but that is a bad example considering he's dead. :beli: I look at it like movie reviews from Rotten Tomatoes. I've seen movies they gave low ratings to that I enjoyed and the opposite. Sometimes I just rather hear reviews from ordinary people because sometime "experts" can be on some real bullshyt. Just my opinion.
I’ll be honest I do not ever go on rotten tomatoes or I stopped reading album reviews about 10 years ago :pachaha:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
What's a good weekend to go to D.C. or a good time to spend like 4 days. I went Christmas Eve and went to Park on 14th and a bar on H street and it was okay, but I can tell things slowed down because it was the holidays. My gf (Howard grad) talks about D.C. like it's the greatest place on Earth but can't suggest a time to go besides homecoming (but with their recent changes all the Howard people want to go to Spelhouse this year).

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
imma have to get back to you because I don't know the names of the places I've been to since my fiancee brought me there :deadrose:
I haven't been to any African spots in Baltimore but I have been to Caribbean and Soul food joints (also Mexican, Argentinian, American). levee get back to you
Went back through my list and most of these are not black owned but here are places I liked in Baltimore:

la Baritta
Rubens
Taco town on Baltimore Street
Miss Shirley’s
Peppa Flame
Judy Island Grill
black swan

Mount Vernon market place and across Street market had great food vendors

I’m not a big seafood guy but Baltimore is know for that and you get go value for what you pay for

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
GWEGXFbWUAAciOt

:dead: :dead::dead::dead: