The Official DC/Maryland/Virginia Area Thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Enjoy nikka untll they gentrify the shyt some more and you're posting from Anniston AL.

One criticism that is totally on the money is nikkas is ruled by p*ssy.

I mean why is nikkas at the gallery of art in the first place back in the day you couldn't get bytches or nikkas no where near so they have a party and now all of sudden it's the place to be?

if funky ass hoes are in the spot and you have a good time chasing ratchet p*ssy Gold bless you but they usually try to get a couple bucks from Black people then banish them back to Anacostia or whether else they put the new nikkaville at.
I. Don’t. Care.

Stop being a weirdo my nikka. Would you prefer a crack era DC instead? Grow up fam.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm not going in on you personally but as a Barry era DC dude Official Washington in General and the Smithsonian in particular kept shyt segregated on purpose.

They barely gave a nod to local DC culture at all shyt wasn't even relevant. Before the AfAm Museum you had the Fredrick Douglass home a Muesuem of pictures and the Anacostia Riverfront and the aquatic gardens and none of the shyt that imentioned was promoted outside of DC hoods andalthough maintained with federal dollars it was always low key under resourced especially if you compared it to the National Gallery of Art.

I promise you once the event gets kinda popular to the point that it could become a thing like something Black people who visit DC would check out it will be over

The kennedy center has or had a series of free live shows think they ever had any local DC talent there? Hell no.

Maybe they need to raise a few bucks so they allowed this but enjoy it while it lasts.

Finally when people talk about Black cities you can make a case for Atlanta, Chicago and Detroit but all the other Black cities were able to comodofy their culture in a way that DC never did, Even Baltimore had The Wire there's been no real push to bring DC Culture to the world

No one even tried to sell Half Smokes country wide and it's basically a big Hot Dog.

iIt's kind of sad to see gentification destroy the whole culture of old DC. I need to run to the New Balance store and get some 996's for the culture.

My theory has always been that Washington couldn’t have the District revealing itself to the world. Martin for the most part was a show that took place in DC but they had to call it Detroit. The success of The Wire should’ve naturally brought about a DC equivalent. Both of the writers are from the DC area and one of them was a crime novelist that uses DC as his main subject.

Truth is, DC always been a wild ass city and the people downtown do everything in their power to keep that hidden. DC culture nowadays is presented in such a cheesy, token kinda way. That is, whatever is left of it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
My theory has always been that Washington couldn’t have the District revealing itself to the world. Martin for the most part was a show that took place in DC but they had to call it Detroit. The success of The Wire should’ve naturally brought about a DC equivalent. Both of the writers are from the DC area and one of them was a crime novelist that uses DC as his main subject.

Truth is, DC always been a wild ass city and the people downtown do everything in their power to keep that hidden. DC culture nowadays is presented in such a cheesy, token kinda way. That is, whatever is left of it.
Correct the powers that be was always embarrased by DC. I remember when I was a kid they said Gorbachev was gonna ride through the hood to show DC in a bad light.

Then there was an incident where the Queen of England went to a community center in Marshall Heights and a lay gave her a hug. That was a major faux pa he got on the national news

Vice President Gore commented of two different high profile killings one of which I knew the kid who did the swimming pool shooting

Let me say right here I knew nothing about it I just happened to go to summer school with the kid

I knew his hood though it was funny but even then my young ass knew that it was gonna bring a shyt ton of heat down on simple city and it did.

There was stories in The Wire that happened in DC not Baltimore especially the shows that Pelecanos wrote.

Again in the Simple city vs Eastgate beef it was sqaushed partially by the Police deciding not to prosecute murders.

I could go on and on about how wild DC was and how Washington went out of their way to keep nikkas out of official washington

I mean they kept the subway out of Georgetown and the ill thing was Georgetown used to be a Black neighborhood.

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Charles county is getting gentrified too
No where to run
Charles & St Mary’s the new hood lol

Or starting to slowly become. Still quiet but it’s been more incidents lately

Plus there’s alotta customer$$$ down there (European americans)

I knew it was over when places like Clinton got active hoods/crews now. I was born in 92 when places like that were damn near Beverly Hills to us SE cats.

Crazy

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
I love DC but at this point with the crime, faggit ass mayor, Kia boys & all these speed lights on every block I think ima just become “he from Maryland” guy at this point….

City dried out. They gentrifying MLK. They got a Capitol One cafe on that corner by the bridge. A fukking cafe, in the middle of the hood.

It’s over.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

MPD uses drones to support only those operations cited in the General Order, including help with:
  • Searching for missing persons
  • Major traffic crash reconstruction
  • Crowd management for large-scale gatherings
  • Situational and tactical purposes (such as a barricade)

I'm sure there will be no misuse or abuse....

Meanwhile, when the Feds catch folks in the act, the DA doesn't gonna prosecute and punish.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Charles & St Mary’s the new hood lol

Or starting to slowly become. Still quiet but it’s been more incidents lately

Plus there’s alotta customer$$$ down there (European americans)

I knew it was over when places like Clinton got active hoods/crews now. I was born in 92 when places like that were damn near Beverly Hills to us SE cats.

Crazy
Yeah like I said Old DC is getting pushed out further and further. Charles County used to be primarly rural outside of Waldorf Route 5 looks like Georgia Ave now.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I love DC but at this point with the crime, faggit ass mayor, Kia boys & all these speed lights on every block I think ima just become “he from Maryland” guy at this point….

City dried out. They gentrifying MLK. They got a Capitol One cafe on that corner by the bridge. A fukking cafe, in the middle of the hood.

It’s over.
That's my point

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Ben’s next door such a chill spot. Never been there for brunch.
Check it out man. I went when they first opened just sat at the bar. The do reservation seating but the bar was pretty open. Shrimp and grits was real savory but good. French toast was great. The drinks are cheaper during brunch too.