The Official DC/Maryland/Virginia Area Thread

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Man swingers putt putt in DuPont was a good time. They got two course 9 holes each got a food and two bars. Good ambience DJ was playing some groovy shyt man.
Swingers is a lot fun. I just moved from a spot that was a block away from there. The drinks are on point and the food is better than you might expect. The fried catfish sandwich is :ohlawd: …the food is from the restaurant group that operates Succotash.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Who cares? Sistas were there so I was there. Stand on your principles. I’m getting some p*ssy.
Enjoy nikka untll they gentrify the shyt some more and you're posting from Anniston AL.

One criticism that is totally on the money is nikkas is ruled by p*ssy.

I mean why is nikkas at the gallery of art in the first place back in the day you couldn't get bytches or nikkas no where near so they have a party and now all of sudden it's the place to be?

if funky ass hoes are in the spot and you have a good time chasing ratchet p*ssy Gold bless you but they usually try to get a couple bucks from Black people then banish them back to Anacostia or whether else they put the new nikkaville at.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Who cares? Sistas were there so I was there. Stand on your principles. I’m getting some p*ssy.
I'm not going in on you personally but as a Barry era DC dude Official Washington in General and the Smithsonian in particular kept shyt segregated on purpose.

They barely gave a nod to local DC culture at all shyt wasn't even relevant. Before the AfAm Museum you had the Fredrick Douglass home a Muesuem of pictures and the Anacostia Riverfront and the aquatic gardens and none of the shyt that imentioned was promoted outside of DC hoods andalthough maintained with federal dollars it was always low key under resourced especially if you compared it to the National Gallery of Art.

I promise you once the event gets kinda popular to the point that it could become a thing like something Black people who visit DC would check out it will be over

The kennedy center has or had a series of free live shows think they ever had any local DC talent there? Hell no.

Maybe they need to raise a few bucks so they allowed this but enjoy it while it lasts.

Finally when people talk about Black cities you can make a case for Atlanta, Chicago and Detroit but all the other Black cities were able to comodofy their culture in a way that DC never did, Even Baltimore had The Wire there's been no real push to bring DC Culture to the world

No one even tried to sell Half Smokes country wide and it's basically a big Hot Dog.

iIt's kind of sad to see gentification destroy the whole culture of old DC. I need to run to the New Balance store and get some 996's for the culture.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I'm not going in on you personally but as a Barry era DC dude Official Washington in General and the Smithsonian in particular kept shyt segregated on purpose.

They barely gave a nod to local DC culture at all shyt wasn't even relevant. Before the AfAm Museum you had the Fredrick Douglass home a Muesuem of pictures and the Anacostia Riverfront and the aquatic gardens and none of the shyt that imentioned was promoted outside of DC hoods andalthough maintained with federal dollars it was always low key under resourced especially if you compared it to the National Gallery of Art.

I promise you once the event gets kinda popular to the point that it could become a thing like something Black people who visit DC would check out it will be over

The kennedy center has or had a series of free live shows think they ever had any local DC talent there? Hell no.

Maybe they need to raise a few bucks so they allowed this but enjoy it while it lasts.

Finally when people talk about Black cities you can make a case for Atlanta, Chicago and Detroit but all the other Black cities were able to comodofy their culture in a way that DC never did, Even Baltimore had The Wire there's been no real push to bring DC Culture to the world

No one even tried to sell Half Smokes country wide and it's basically a big Hot Dog.

iIt's kind of sad to see gentification destroy the whole culture of old DC. I need to run to the New Balance store and get some 996's for the culture.

Bruh you wrong on multiple fronts:

The Kennedy center has had plenty of local acts performing…maybe join the email list? There’s been gogo’s, Oddisee, brass bands, just google it.

There’s free gogo’s on the rooftop of the downtown library every Sunday in June

Local music used to be villainized in the 90s and early 00s, but DC has embraced it as of late…giving local artist platforms to perform in venues that would have never happened back then.

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Bruh you wrong on multiple fronts:

The Kennedy center has had plenty of local acts performing…maybe join the email list? There’s been gogo’s, Oddisee, brass bands, just google it.

There’s free gogo’s on the rooftop of the downtown library every Sunday in June

Local music used to be villainized in the 90s and early 00s, but DC has embraced it as of late…giving local artist platforms to form in venues that would have never happened back then.
Even talking about Gogo's is way different. Again I low key understood why they kept DC separated from Washington because old non Bougie Go Go is a thousand times different than anything that could be played at any venue west of the river.

To keep it a buck If they had a Go Go at the kennedy center I wouldn't go.

Again I could blame gentrification but its the passing of eras where different cities had their own mircocultures not this homogenized urban culture where everyone likes the same thing.

Again maybe I'm a flabbyhead because gone are the days when at a big show with established artists the Go Go act always closed the show or they had to collaborate with a local band.

I remember the last time this happened was in Kelly Rowland go upstaged by I think Familiar Faces or some other bougie Go Go act.

She was right to be upset because I believe that no one would add a Go Go band to any show nowadays mainly because the shyt ain't popular with the youth

But that leads me back to the gentrification thing there's no clubs in the hood where nikkas get beat up or shot and no one says anyting those days are long gone with never seeing a white person in South east and Madness hats.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Since I'm on a roll It's like Ben's Chillli Bowl Florida Avenue Grill, Horace^ dikkeys no one went to these places because the food was good you went because it was some DC shyt.

Ben's low key sold out when they started letting official washington types post up there or behind the grill like they were good in the hood. When the other places closed down or moved it was the end of an era.

The ill thing is the Chinese carry outs stayed and frankly they got accepted as a part of DC culture with them taking some random Pigeon wings and drowning them in Mumbo sauce.