Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
He may have a lawsuit or breach of contract potentially
Nah if he was signed for additional films he will still be paid but based on what has been said it doesn’t seem like Cavill has anything in writing. Wasn’t it on the Rocks promise that he was stated to be coming back. Contractually I don’t think they are obligated but they should still see him done right especially if he left a paying gig to accommodate any future plans.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Pretty sure Synders movies were all more successful and profitable than everything they released after he was gone outside of Joker. JL Snyder cut was also a huge success for hbo max.

Yes because it was the start of the cinematic universe, hell his BVS couldn’t even crack a billy when everyone thought it would easily. I don’t hate Snyder with a passion like some ( I just think he was way over his head) but he is not a guy to helm a universe.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes because it was the start of the cinematic universe, hell his BVS couldn’t even crack a billy when everyone thought it would easily. I don’t hate Snyder with a passion like some ( I just think he was way over his head) but he is not a guy to helm a universe.

Nothing easy about cracking a billion. only 50 films have done that. And it made around 900 million so its not like it was that far off. The studio also made a major profit off the film. Now all they do is lose money. Problem is you think everything needed to compare directly to marvel. Thats why DC lost and been losing since. Trying to copy Marvel. Thats why joss whedons JL cut flopped.

Marvel was lightning in a bottle during their 1st phase. Nobody was beating or competing with that. DC should have worried about DC and telling their stories their own way. Eventually Marvel was gonna run outta gas and they did. But DC couldn't capitalize cause they gave up too soon. They would have washed Marvels last lackluster phase after infinity war if they stuck with synders vision and it would have setup the DC extended universe so they could do films outside normal characters. There is no way a snyderverse batfleck vs deathstroke, JL vs darkseid, green latern corps films etc would have done worse than the trash they put out instead.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Nothing easy about cracking a billion. only 50 films have done that. And it made around 900 million so its not like it was that far off. The studio also made a major profit off the film. Now all they do is lose money. Problem is you think everything needed to compare directly to marvel. Thats why DC lost and been losing since. Trying to copy Marvel. Thats why joss whedons JL cut flopped.

Marvel was lightning in a bottle during their 1st phase. Nobody was beating or competing with that. DC should have worried about DC and telling their stories their own way. Eventually Marvel was gonna run outta gas and they did. But DC couldn't capitalize cause they gave up too soon. They would have washed Marvels last lackluster phase after infinity war if they stuck with synders vision and it would have setup the DC extended universe so they could do films outside normal characters. There is no way a snyderverse batfleck vs deathstroke, JL vs darkseid, green latern corps films etc would have done worse than the trash they put out instead.
Warner/DC didn't change until after Avengers. Phase 1 movies were well received but didn't really make bank. DC was doing Nolan's Batman to higher box office and then tried to duplicate that trilogy's success with Man of Steel during Marvel's Phase 1, a more serious/cinema! take on comic book characters that worked for the Batman character. But after the reception to MoS was mid and Marvel killed with the Avengers they blinked and announced BvS.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Speaking objectively there was no reason to continue what synder started. I personally would like Robert pattison as the dcu batman so we don’t just have to get grounded batman films. As far as other actors erza should really be the only one gone. Gal was ok but if she’s out they need to cast someone who fits WW body type