Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I meant why is important for dc to have more humor.
It seems that the GA wants it. Nolan's trilogy had some good comedic moments

The issue is when you you make a funny movie people seem more forgiving.

But if the movie is more serious it better be at Nolan's level or people won't fukk with it.

I'm not saying it is this way for sure. Just my interpretation of the fallout of BvS

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I guess I just don't understand films. Because If there is a movie about aliens coming to teraform earth, or some ancient alien abomination being let loose upon humanity I don't understand the need to be laughing in the theatre.

Me neither

the GA just wants a good and well written movie, but keep believing that :mjlol:

Well why does that keep coming up as a critique then?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Me neither

Well why does that keep coming up as a critique then?
this had the same amount of "humor" as nolans films. both were "dark". audiences enjoyed nolans films. both of snyders have been incredibly polarizing, to be generous. the problem is the quality. people want to be entertained by a good film. somehow they managed to be entertained by the general lack of humor in TDK (a film which included batmans girlfriend be blown up and nikkas get pencils put in their heads). the same isnt true when it comes to BvS.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
this had the same amount of "humor" as nolans films. both were "dark". audiences enjoyed nolans films. both of snyders have been incredibly polarizing, to be generous. the problem is the quality. people want to be entertained by a good film. somehow they managed to be entertained by the general lack of humor in TDK (a film which included batmans girlfriend be blown up and nikkas get pencils put in their heads). the same isnt true when it comes to BvS.
I get all that breh but that isn't want people are saying :heh:

They're literally saying "this is humorless" not "this isn't entertaining"

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It seems that the GA wants it. Nolan's trilogy had some good comedic moments

The issue is when you you make a funny movie people seem more forgiving.

But if the movie is more serious it better be at Nolan's level or people won't fukk with it.

I'm not saying it is this way for sure. Just my interpretation of the fallout of BvS

I guess my thing is this. I don't really fuk with the marvel movies but, I don't think they are bad movies either. They are just made to be family friendly movies. They are obviously great making these type of movies.

When I first heard about MOS I thought it was going to be the same type of comic movie but with a character I already didn't like. However, when I saw the movie I was shocked that I really liked it. It seemed to be more of a movie about an alien living on earth rather then a comic book movie. His opponent wasn't just some bad guy or terrorist, he was someone who was gentically made to defend his planet. If he has no planet, he has no reason to live. It made me question whether he was good or bad.
So watching MoS I don't need that much action, and humor ect.

Saying all that BvS I hoped they go deeper into what it meant to have a god/savior on earth and how that affected everyone on that world. They touched in this but i just felt the writing wasn't good enough to make me feel the impact of him being there god as his father put it. Especially with the obvious symbolism of dropping the movie on Good Friday. Like when i found out he was dead I shouldve felt a way but instead it was:yeshrug:.

To sum it up I think they should either be a family movie or not. If not, stick to the gameplan and make people think a little at the theatre. If they do want the family crowd then really do it, and like op said do it in the day, do one liners, and all that.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I get all that breh but that isn't want people are saying :heh:

They're literally saying "this is humorless" not "this isn't entertaining"
you're cherry picking one thing that is easy to justify why it isnt doing as well as it should be compared to marvels films. the reviews i have seen have listed numerous things (they have a lot to choose from) of what they didnt like. adding more dry humor isnt going to fix poor writing, editing, and overall direction

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
you're cherry picking one thing that is easy to justify why it isnt doing as well as it should be compared to marvels films. the reviews i have seen have listed numerous things (they have a lot to choose from) of what they didnt like. adding more dry humor isnt going to fix poor writing, editing, and overall direction
I'm not cherry picking, I pointed out why folks are saying add humor. I know the film has other problems besides humor :camby:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I guess my thing is this. I don't really fuk with the marvel movies but, I don't think they are bad movies either. They are just made to be family friendly movies. They are obviously great making these type of movies.

When I first heard about MOS I thought it was going to be the same type of comic movie but with a character I already didn't like. However, when I saw the movie I was shocked that I really liked it. It seemed to be more of a movie about an alien living on earth rather then a comic book movie. His opponent wasn't just some bad guy or terrorist, he was someone who was gentically made to defend his planet. If he has no planet, he has no reason to live. It made me question whether he was good or bad.
So watching MoS I don't need that much action, and humor ect.

Saying all that BvS I hoped they go deeper into what it meant to have a god/savior on earth and how that affected everyone on that world. They touched in this but i just felt the writing wasn't good enough to make me feel the impact of him being there god as his father put it. Especially with the obvious symbolism of dropping the movie on Good Friday. Like when i found out he was dead I shouldve felt a way but instead it was:yeshrug:.

To sum it up I think they should either be a family movie or not. If not, stick to the gameplan and make people think a little at the theatre. If they do want the family crowd then really do it, and like op said do it in the day, do one liners, and all that.
:ehh:

Good points. I actually agree. I don't think they can go full "family friendly" at this point. But at the same time it's tough to stick with the game plan when BO numbers have been underwhelming.

JL starts shooting in a couple weeks it will be interesting to hear what starts getting leaked from Warner Bros execs.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I have a big issue with Superman in BvS. Snyder leans so heavy on the Jesus parallels it's like he forgot about characterization. Supes had the constant :ld: face it was depressing to watch. There was no joy behind his actions. Superman to me always looked like the most cocky dude there but he was humble because he knows his place in the world. This Superman lacks charisma. Completely swagless.

Lex :snoop: I didn't want to hate before I saw the film but he's bushes status after watching it. :camby:Failed execution. He would have made a great Riddler

This DC Brain Trust is looking funny under the light. :patrice:I left the movie more hyped for Wonder Woman and less optimistic of Justice League. Affleck already wrote his Batman movie. He better minimize any input from Zack.:whoa:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The poor writing and editing should be pretty simple to fix. But the overall direction is interesting. I think people who didn't even like the movie still want more Batfleck and WW

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I have a big issue with Superman in BvS. Snyder leans so heavy on the Jesus parallels it's like he forgot about characterization. Supes had the constant :ld: face it was depressing to watch. There was no joy behind his actions. Superman to me always looked like the most cocky dude there but he was humble because he knows his place in the world. This Superman lacks charisma. Completely swagless.

Lex :snoop: I didn't want to hate before I saw the film but he's bushes status after watching it. :camby:Failed execution. He would have made a great Riddler

This DC Brain Trust is looking funny under the light. :patrice:I left the movie more hyped for Wonder Woman and less optimistic of Justice League. Affleck already wrote his Batman movie. He better minimize any input from Zack.:whoa:
So what do you want to see from a JL movie?

It seems like everyone wants more WW and Batfleck.

Chef

All Star
Daps
So what do you want to see from a JL movie?

It seems like everyone wants more WW and Batfleck.

A happy Superman. :ld:
Don't try to cram so much material in a product. I fukks with the Injustice angle they went but they went full retard by forcing The Death of Superman in it too. It felt so fake and it's not that I know he comes back to life but there was no emotion behind it. That would have better in his own trilogy. JL movie needs a laser focus and not be a victim of bad editing. I'm worried how are they going to expand on the other members when they can barely get Supes right in two movies.

Some color/location variety. This is beef I had with the Thor movies. Asgard looks great but we spend like half hour there and the rest on Earth. Most of the set pieces were at night which is understandable with Batman in it but the two biggest fight were in some broken down buildings.

The lack of humor doesn't bother me. What bothered me was most of the humor was in the trailers. :heh:That Doomsday reveal was bad because the fight was pretty dope. :ehh:So I hope they don't show shyt in the Justice League trailer.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps

:ohhh: I would've never come to this on my own.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
here is my honest review of BVS. While I was thouroughly entrertain the movie had some serious flaws so if you walked in looking to hate it they weren't hard to find :laugh:.

I didn't have as much problem with the editing as did with the lack of context the movie provided for the character motivations. While Jesse killed it as Lex in the way he manipulated Bats and Supes no real explanation was provided on why he hates Supes besides he just does and how he knew their secret identity. Batman was also under developed, yeah I knew why he hated or feared supes but the reason why he finally went over the edge to challenge Supes felt hollow. And while I had no issue with supes in M.O.S i feel like they really dint develop breh character for this movie and he was the same nikka in M.O.S that he was in BVS with no real character development and progression. I also had an issue with Bats purposely luring Doomsday away from the abandon island into the fukking city bc of the spear bc that made absolute no sense.

Over all 7-10 I really enjoyed the movie but understand why people who wanted to pick it part could and would. Also I have no ideas what the fukk was that scene with the dream and who the fukk the nikka was trying to warn Bats about the future and lois

Last edited: