MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not saying anythings wrong. As a self contained story it was great and served its purpose. My point is that when you don't respect the material it shows and most don't have Nolan's skill.

They’ve all played fast and loose with source material. Even making alterations to some characters. They maintain the spirit of the characters while not being exactly true to the page. Tony stark is more Robert Downey jr persona than Tony stark. Logan is an adaptation of old man Logan rather than being a straight translation. Ironically, Wonder Woman is one of the few characters adapted where I can read it and see it on screen and it’s the same exact character.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
But the majority of these comic book films take huge liberties with the source material.

Logan,age of ultron, civil war, days of future past etc

The only "problem" is people only selectively care about when that matters.

They’ve all played fast and loose with source material. Even making alterations to some characters. They maintain the spirit of the characters while not being exactly true to the page. Tony stark is more Robert Downey jr persona than Tony stark. Logan is an adaptation of old man Logan rather than being a straight translation. Ironically, Wonder Woman is one of the few characters adapted where I can read it and see it on screen and it’s the same exact character.

Lol...feels like I'm getting off track. Not at all asking for literal page to screen translations. Like you said the spirit of the characters should remain.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The problem has always been it feels like no one behind the scenes gives any type of fukk about the source material. I still can't fathom how a studio with all their characters is having this much trouble.

A lot of the MCU don't follow "Source Material"

Examples off the top of my head:

Civil War was nothing like the comic
OG Ant-Man was suppose to be the creator of Ultron, not Tony
Thor/Hulk's power levels are low af
Peter's friends aren't Ned and Michelle
Hawkeye is suppose to be deaf
BW is suppose to have enhanced abilities similar to Cap
SHIELD's origins are different

etc.

Source material is just one part. You can make a shot for shot remake of the greatest comics of all-time but it won't matter if the writing, casting, direction, etc. are poor. Studios don't make CBMs for Fanboys, they're made for the General Audience. It's kinda funny because one of the best comics ever, "TDKR" was a vast departure from the Batman everyone knew back in the 80s.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So like their comic runs basically? Characters have their own solo runs but every now and then the original 7 OR Dark teams will be needed for a film which is what should've been the approach but better late than never :ehh:IN
Its the smart approach and what all of the studios should be doing.
Have a shared universe in the sense that when a creator wants to include another character the option is there and all the characters can show up in a Justice League movie but don't hamstring people because there is some overarching storyline that everyone has to adhere to.
That is just stupid. Let people cook.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Its the smart approach and what all of the studios should be doing.
Have a shared universe in the sense that when a creator wants to include another character the option is there and all the characters can show up in a Justice League movie but don't hamstring people because there is some overarching storyline that everyone has to adhere to.
That is just stupid. Let people cook.
Nah not all studios I'm fine with DC taking this approach and hopefully it works out long-term like Wonder Woman hopefully eluded too. Marvels approach is fine as well and Fox if they focused on the X-Men first class roster and lead up to Deadpool movie would've been fine but they have a lot more issues and I'm not trying to derail:snoop:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
After reading the new report, im liking the idea of the separate universe, the BIG difference is the execution. cause at some point they can have big events intertwined.

I'd like to see a Flashpoint with Thomas & Bruce meeting , so im excited to see how they flesh it out.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Why would you ask that question?
Nothing in the Vice article suggests that.
The article I'm referring to was from comicbook.com and in it they say,

"While talking with Vulture about the future of DC Entertainment, Johns and Nelson both said they are actively taking the films away from the connected universe that existed in BvS and Suicide Squad."

they even quote DC execs saying,

“Our intention, certainly, moving forward is using the continuity to help make sure nothing is diverging in a way that doesn’t make sense, but there’s no insistence upon an overall story line or interconnectivity in that universe,” Nelson explained.

ten two sentences later,

“The movie’s not about another movie,” said Johns. “Some of the movies do connect the characters together, like Justice League. But, like with Aquaman our goal is not to connect Aquaman to every movie.”

• The Justice League movie that is about to come out is part of an 'overall storyline or interconnectivity in that universe' that was started in BvS.
  • The execs just said going forward they are 'actively taking the films away from the connected universe that existed in BvS and Suicide Squad.'
  • They then use JL as an example of the type of movies they just described they are actively moving away from.
  • Therefore, why would they make another JL movie that would defintely require interconnectivity, previous movies referring to future movies and probably an overall storyline?

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Does this mean they already decided there won't be a JL 2?
Rumors from test screenings make it sound like they're leaving the door open for it. It all comes down to how JL is received

Reading the article. Nothing besides Snyder not being the one to get Whedon involved stands out. The whole filmmaker driven/standalone bit is nothing we haven't heard before. That shyt goes back to before BvS even came out