Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
DC Entertainment Rethinking Universe Movie Strategy

Before you get all frustrated about it, take a deep breathe. The DC films will still connect to one another, but they're not going to be nearly as dependant on one another. Instead, many of the coming films will be like Wonder Woman, where they might tease the other movies but they're mostly standalone.

While talking with Vulture about the future of DC Entertainment, Johns and Nelson both said they are actively taking the the films away from connected universe that existed in BvS and Suicide Squad.

“Our intention, certainly, moving forward is using the continuity to help make sure nothing is diverging in a way that doesn’t make sense, but there’s no insistence upon an overall story line or interconnectivity in that universe,” Nelson explained.

Johns piggybacked on that point after he was asked about Wonder Woman's influence on the new direction.

“The movie’s not about another movie,” said Johns. “Some of the movies do connect the characters together, like Justice League. But, like with Aquaman our goal is not to connect Aquaman to every movie.

Nelson wrapped all of those thoughts up, and put everyone's mind at ease, by saying that filmmakers like Patty Jenkins and James Wan are providing the framework for DC going forward.

"Moving forward, you'll see the DC movie universe being a universe, but one that comes from the heart of the filmmaker who's creating them."

DC's next, and biggest effort comes in the form of Justice League, which is set to hit theaters on November 17, 2017.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah he’s got original stuff for the characters. Well everyone else. But there was something specific about Batman and just his wording which makes me think he’s using his theme or possibly remixing it. He was tight lipped on everything else tho except the fact they let him get a 100 piece orchestra which is always a good look for me as a music geek
Danny :flabbynsick:man

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Warner Bros and DC needs to just hire someone who reads geek message boards because mostly everyone predicted they would be in this spot all the way back since BVS was first announced.

Could have saved them a lot of time and effort.

:francis:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Click on his post count. Just look at his posts before he went on his bushes vacation,youll see the date distinction easily.

Whole lot of :cape: for trump

Oh I don't care enough to dig in deep on dude but it is interesting when that comes out. Vote for who you vote for but if he's on some racist shyt, then to the bushes he shall go

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
That's good and it kind of feels that way already since MoS, BvS, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad all have different vibes anyway. DC needs to differentiate themselves from Marvel. Let Marvel have all of their movies lead to one big event, DC is so far behind in the game they just need to focus on making the best movies possible and look to crossover stuff later. I've always thought it was too soon for a JL movie, and I still do. I wish they would've taken the time to introduce this new universe more carefully.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Oh I don't care enough to dig in deep on dude but it is interesting when that comes out. Vote for who you vote for but if he's on some racist shyt, then to the bushes he shall go
Getting off topic, but yeah -- you'd be surprised who shows up in HL and gets bushed from time to time for alt-right trolling.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Getting off topic, but yeah -- you'd be surprised who shows up in HL and gets bushed from time to time for alt-right trolling.

Another reason I stay out of there. Don't have time for the bullshyt. I come to this place cause a lot of you cats are like family and I want to get away from the shyt i read about all the time or watch on CNN. Just talking movies, tv, and pop culture while goofing off is fun