richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
An origin story about a non-human discovering what it means to be human/how to live with humans, while faced with one of their own who despises humans and tries to turn the hero against the humans - the hero decides to stick up for humankind and kills the villain.

Meanwhile a soldier sacrifices his life on a plane for the greater good. One of the parental figures sacrifices their lives to protect the hero.

The non-human also falls in love with a human. Ow and the non-human's parents tell them they don't HAVE to fight to defend humans. The non-human has godlike powers and is tempted to use that power against humans. They're not the goofy version of the 70's/80's but a darker re-imagining that show a glimpse of how things could've been if the hero turned on humans.

I could go on, but do I really have to :mjgrin:
:wow:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
My list of DCEU from favorite

Wonder Woman
Dawn of Justice
Man of Steel. I really need to go back to watch it again since the last time I watched it was in 2013 in theaters. I got the blu ray that hasn't been opened yet.

Suicide Squad. I enjoyed it when I saw it in theaters but when I watched it a second time when I got the blu ray in December and I was like :scust:.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
And that's because Diana was raised by warriors to be a warrior to fight for a cause.

Clark is raised by apprehensive parents unsure of how the world will react to him. So naturally clark carries those same apprehensions.

I watched MOS and BVS again and man I love those films

For my money BVS is the most misunderstood cbm of all time.

Like batman for example.

MOS and BVS deal with how the real world would react to the presence of superman. BVS continues that and shows how a real world batman would react.

The people who say that was a bad representation of batman completely miss the point of the film.

The point is to show that batman is acting out of character. Batman is a villain in the film.

This reaches it's conclusion with probably the most misunderstood scene of all time in the Martha scene.

When Bruce heard Martha it took him back to his parents murder and he suddenly snapped out of it and realized that he had become the villain,the entire point of his arc was to show him acting out of character and that moment was the turning point to him.

And as far superman,it's extremely obvious that he represented christ,even dying for humanity in the end.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either batman or superman's portrayals in the film's, nor is there anything wrong with the Martha scene.

Even little things like that skull imagery that zack just confirmed show how many layers the film's have. Problem is most people don't want layers in these films,they want a punch line every 5 minutes.
I definitely agree with you about Batman's portrayal in Dawn of Justice. Batman is already a damaged man who is little bit above his enemies from a mental standpoint. He's been fighting crime for 15 plus years dealing with the likes of Joker and his other rogues. He's had to deal with his sidekick dying in the line of duty. Then all of sudden aliens show up and level Metropolis. He's seen crazies like Joker but now seeing two men with God like powers destroy a major city it sends him over the edge. Hell Alfred, who knows Bruce better than anyone and has acted like a father to him, throughout the movie keeps trying to talk some sense into Bruce but he's not having it.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yo is WB seriously releasing just 1 DC movie next year? Pretty surprising especially after King Arthur lost them a ton of money

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My list of DCEU from favorite

Wonder Woman
Dawn of Justice
Man of Steel. I really need to go back to watch it again since the last time I watched it was in 2013 in theaters. I got the blu ray that hasn't been opened yet.

Suicide Squad. I enjoyed it when I saw it in theaters but when I watched it a second time when I got the blu ray in December and I was like :scust:.

Yeah Suicide Squad isn't good but its frustrating because the good stuff in it i really like while the bad stuff just makes me want to turn it off...which I did when I tried watching it on HBO recently. Can't get with it at all anymore. And I'd switch Man of Steel around with Dawn of Justice.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man of Steel for me is their best effort.

Had high expectations for Batman vs Superman.
Surprised me to see how bad their efforts were.

Suicide again huge potential but lackluster as hell.

Wonder Woman don't think I care enough to watch.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yo is WB seriously releasing just 1 DC movie next year? Pretty surprising especially after King Arthur lost them a ton of money
if they can get Gotham sirens in track then maybe, if not then yeah only Aquaman :(
Take this with a grain of salt but

RUMOR: DC Films Plans to Release 3-4 Movies Per Year

Speaking on the Heroic Insider video podcast, Heroic Hollywood and The Wrap’s Umberto Gonzalez hinted that the DC Extended Universe could see three to four films released per year. “A lot of people have been asking me ‘What’s the next movie in 2018?'” Gonzalez said. “I know for a fact that DC is trying to get three to four movies made a year going forward.

As for when fans can expect the announcement of a new DC Films slate, Gonzalez said to keep all eyes on San Diego’s Comic-Con International when the studio brings its hotly-anticipated Hall H presentation. “If I were you guys, I’d make sure I’d be inside Hall H this summer,” he teased.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think they could do 3 if one of them is a smaller street level story.

Put the 2 big budget projects in the Summer/Holiday season and then a smaller one in Feb/March

By street level I mean something like Nightwing or Red Hood eventually
Well they have Gotham Sirens and the Batgirl movies in the pipeline already which could be made on smaller budgets and be smaller in scope than the previous DC movies.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Flash could still make it

A script was turned in a while back and Matthew Vaughn is in talks to direct

oh yeah true. hopefully the secretly got something in the works...

That's too many a year. Two a year is good enough.

i think they can make 3 work.. 2 blockbusters, 1 normal

e.g

Feb: Flash

June/July: Gotham Sirens

Dec: Aquaman