Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Matt Reeves confirms ‘The Batman’ is starting over from scratch

In March there was a rumor that said The Batman script would be starting over from scratch, and now we have confirmation from director Matt Reeves.

Reeves was a guest on MTV’s Happy Sad Confused podcast and host Josh Horowitz asked if he was going to be working off of Ben Affleck and Geoff John’s original script. “No,” Reeves replied. “It’s a new story. It’s just starting again. I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to be really cool.”

This might not be good news for Joe Manganiello, who was supposed to play the villain Deathstroke. Reeves has described his take on The Batman as a noir driven, detective version.

Reeves also talked about his meeting with Warner Bros. about The Batman. He explained to them that he needed a break after working on War for the Planet of the Apes for three years (it’s out this weekend), so don’t expect The Batman production to begin this year.

The Batman talk begins around the 30:00 minute mark in the audio player below.

So hype for a noir/detective driven story. Though it almost makes me wonder if parts of it (or the whole thing) will be pre Man of Steel.
We need that Under the Red Hood adaptation :wow:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Would it carry any weight if Robin hasn't been on a movie screen since the 1990s?!
It would be cool for comicbook readers but a bit of a head scratch for other people.
giphy.gif

Just playin.

They seem to have done the impossible and make AQUAMAN something people are hyped by (plus Marvel made Cap and Antman successful) so I'm sure the right writers can pull it off.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It was a universe building moment that teased a bigger story. You are insufferable in these DC threads dude. Seriously.
I mean similar to Red Hood I think Kraven's Last Hunt for Spidey wouldn't be a good idea unless Kraven had been in multiple movies and failed at defeating Spiderman. That's why he did what he did in that story.
So it's too much to ask for Robin to be a living breathing character before making his death then resurrection a storyline? I don't think so. It's an opinion about the building of said universe. Invest in Robin as a character before resurrecting him as Red Hood, the payoff and movie would be better IMO. Sorry that upsets you, ruins your posting experience or whatever. :yeshrug:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box

In March there was a rumor that said The Batman script would be starting over from scratch, and now we have confirmation from director Matt Reeves.

Reeves was a guest on MTV’s Happy Sad Confused podcast and host Josh Horowitz asked if he was going to be working off of Ben Affleck and Geoff John’s original script. “No,” Reeves replied. “It’s a new story. It’s just starting again. I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to be really cool.”

This might not be good news for Joe Manganiello, who was supposed to play the villain Deathstroke. Reeves has described his take on The Batman as a noir driven, detective version.

Reeves also talked about his meeting with Warner Bros. about The Batman. He explained to them that he needed a break after working on War for the Planet of the Apes for three years (it’s out this weekend), so don’t expect The Batman production to begin this year.

The Batman talk begins around the 30:00 minute mark in the audio player below.

So hype for a noir/detective driven story. Though it almost makes me wonder if parts of it (or the whole thing) will be pre Man of Steel.

if Joe doesnt get the deathstroke gig that'll suck so bad.. but he's in JL anyways so they'll have to use him somehow