obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Perhaps Pa Kent's life just wasn't worth all the shyt that would've gone down if young Clark got exposed.
If you value your life more than you value protecting your child, you shouldn't have a child. It boggles my mind how nikkas don't get the motivations of Clark's parents saying and doing what they did.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Plus MoS and BvS kind of vindicated Pa Kent, the world would've gone after Clark and he wasn't ready for that shyt. He would've either been captured somehow, been forced to leave or forced to fight. And this isn't goofy grinning Clark so I believe he absolutely would've fought to defend himself/moms.

Having a kid of my own now I dread the day she'll show up on some "I want to do volunteer work in bad neighborhoods/poor countries" shyt. I might have to :whoa:

I don't mind the Tornado scene. I totally get why Pa Kent didn't want Clark exposing himself AND why he went tk save a dog, it showed Clark compassion and also discipline, it forced him to really evaluate his place in the world. Perhaps Pa Kent's life just wasn't worth all the shyt that would've gone down if young Clark got exposed.
My problem with the tornado scene was this
1466269331551.gif

that could've been shot so much better

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
If you value your life more than you value protecting your child, you shouldn't have a child. It boggles my mind how nikkas don't get the motivations of Clark's parents saying and doing what they did.

People don't understand his motivations because they aren't consistent. Does Pa Kent want Clark to make a choice or does he want him to keep his powers hidden until the end of time? :hula:

According to the movie, its both.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
People don't understand his motivations because they aren't consistent. Does Pa Kent want Clark to make a choice or does he want him to keep his powers hidden until the end of time? :hula:

Pa Kent himself talks about that inconsistency. He says "maybe" and "I don't know" quite a bit as well. He's trying to be the best father that he can be to an alien with super powers. Not exactly a conventional parenting job, if such a thing actually exists. He doesn't have the luxury of never knowing his child has super powers like Uncle Ben does. Or like the parents of practically every other superhero, matter of fact. Think about that for a second. How would you go about raising a child who had the powers of a god, while you were a mere mortal? You want to instill good morals but, if you're half a shyt when it comes to this whole parenting thing, you want your child to be protected from the dangers of the world. So yeah, you would be contradicting yourself at times. A moody pre-teen/teenager with superpowers is not someone you want making impactful choices. You would have a point if Clark was a grown man and his father was around telling him not to save people, but that didn't happen

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

He's being human about it breh. He's unsure, which is fine. It's a confusing situation, he's not sure which direction to send his son down but he does realize his son is going to make his own decisions. He fears for him like any parent would but more so because he knows what type of xenophobic world we live in and who happens to people who are different. That's real shyt. It's not as simple as "hide your light under a bushel" as much as it's him understanding the world he lives in and history. Of any issue I do have with that movie, Pa Kent's character isn't one of them.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
C-8FG8cWAAIzV50.jpg:large

PRODUCTION IS UNDERWAY ON WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ SUPER HERO ACTION ADVENTURE “AQUAMAN.”

Director James Wan and star Jason Momoa dive into the Super Hero’s first-ever solo feature, along with cast mates Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman and more

BURBANK, CA, May 3, 2017 – Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures’ action adventure “Aquaman,” helmed by James Wan (“The Conjuring” films, “Furious 7”). Jason Momoa stars in the title role, returning to the character he plays in this fall’s “Justice League.”

The film also stars Amber Heard (“Justice League,” “Magic Mike XXL”) as Mera; Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe (“Platoon,” “Spider-Man 2”) as Vulko; Temuera Morrison (“Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones,” “Green Lantern”) as Tom Curry; Dolph Lundgren (“The Expendables” films) as Nereus; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (upcoming “Baywatch,” Netflix’s “The Get Down”) as Black Manta; with Patrick Wilson (“The Conjuring” films, “Watchmen”) as Orm/Ocean Master; and Oscar winner Nicole Kidman (“The Hours,” “Lion”) as Atlanna.

The film is being produced by Peter Safran, with Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Rob Cowan, Jon Berg and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Wan’s team behind the scenes includes such frequent collaborators as Oscar-nominated director of photography Don Burgess (“The Conjuring 2,” “Forrest Gump”), his five-time editor Kirk M. Morri (“The Conjuring” films, “Furious 7,” the “Insidious” films) and production designer Bill Brzeski (“Furious 7”). They are joined by costume designer Kym Barrett (“The Matrix” trilogy; “The Amazing Spider-Man”), along with Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Charles Gibson (“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2”) and VFX supervisor Kelvin McIlwain (“The Fast and the Furious” franchise).

As is fitting for the king of the sea, the shoot will take place mainly in locations spanning the stunning Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia, with extensive filming to be accomplished at Village Roadshow Studios. The production will utilize the facility’s sprawling backlot and all nine VRS soundstages, including its newest, Stage 9, the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. Filming will also take place in Newfoundland, Sicily and Tunisia.

An icon for over 75 years, Aquaman is known by fans of DC Comics as the ruler of Atlantis but committed to protecting the entire globe, both land and sea.

Currently set for a 2018 release, the film is based on characters from DC.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Pa Kent himself talks about that inconsistency. He says "maybe" and "I don't know" quite a bit as well. He's trying to be the best father that he can be to an alien with super powers. Not exactly a conventional parenting job, if such a thing actually exists. He doesn't have the luxury of never knowing his child has super powers like Uncle Ben does. Or like the parents of practically every other superhero, matter of fact. Think about that for a second. How would you go about raising a child who had the powers of a god, while you were a mere mortal? You want to instill good morals but, if you're half a shyt when it comes to this whole parenting thing, you want your child to be protected from the dangers of the world. So yeah, you would be contradicting yourself at times. A moody pre-teen/teenager with superpowers is not someone you want making impactful choices. You would have a point if Clark was a grown man and his father was around telling him not to save people, but that didn't happen

lol breh i am not here to debate whether pa kent was a good father or not, i'm saying the movie doesn't give him a clear motivation that makes sense within the story. okay fine he was worried for his son, i accept that... but i refuse to accept that he would rather die right then and there. the movie even establishes that pa kent knows his son has a higher calling.

Jonathan Kent: And I don't blame you, son. It'd be a huge burden for anyone to carry, but you're not just anyone, Clark, and I have to believe that you were sent here for a reason. All these changes you're going through, one day your going to think of them as a blessing and when that day comes, you're going to have to make a choice. A choice for whether to stand proud before the human race, or not.

what is the point of this scene if he was just going to deny his son that choice anyway in the most dire of circumstances. when would have been a more appropriate time? :dwillhuh:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
lol breh i am not here to debate whether pa kent was a good father or not, i'm saying the movie doesn't give him a clear motivation that makes sense within the story. okay fine he was worried for his son, i accept that... but i refuse to accept that he would rather die right then and there. the movie even establishes that pa kent knows his son has a higher calling.

what is the point of this scene if he was just going to deny his son that choice anyway in the most dire of circumstances. when would have been a more appropriate time? :dwillhuh:
PA Kent made the choice to sacrifice his life because he didn't think the world,nor his son was ready.

It's not that hard to understand. It makes perfect sense.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
C-8FG8cWAAIzV50.jpg:large

PRODUCTION IS UNDERWAY ON WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ SUPER HERO ACTION ADVENTURE “AQUAMAN.”

Director James Wan and star Jason Momoa dive into the Super Hero’s first-ever solo feature, along with cast mates Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman and more

BURBANK, CA, May 3, 2017 – Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures’ action adventure “Aquaman,” helmed by James Wan (“The Conjuring” films, “Furious 7”). Jason Momoa stars in the title role, returning to the character he plays in this fall’s “Justice League.”

The film also stars Amber Heard (“Justice League,” “Magic Mike XXL”) as Mera; Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe (“Platoon,” “Spider-Man 2”) as Vulko; Temuera Morrison (“Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones,” “Green Lantern”) as Tom Curry; Dolph Lundgren (“The Expendables” films) as Nereus; Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (upcoming “Baywatch,” Netflix’s “The Get Down”) as Black Manta; with Patrick Wilson (“The Conjuring” films, “Watchmen”) as Orm/Ocean Master; and Oscar winner Nicole Kidman (“The Hours,” “Lion”) as Atlanna.

The film is being produced by Peter Safran, with Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Rob Cowan, Jon Berg and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.

Wan’s team behind the scenes includes such frequent collaborators as Oscar-nominated director of photography Don Burgess (“The Conjuring 2,” “Forrest Gump”), his five-time editor Kirk M. Morri (“The Conjuring” films, “Furious 7,” the “Insidious” films) and production designer Bill Brzeski (“Furious 7”). They are joined by costume designer Kym Barrett (“The Matrix” trilogy; “The Amazing Spider-Man”), along with Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Charles Gibson (“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest,” “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2”) and VFX supervisor Kelvin McIlwain (“The Fast and the Furious” franchise).

As is fitting for the king of the sea, the shoot will take place mainly in locations spanning the stunning Gold Coast of Queensland, Australia, with extensive filming to be accomplished at Village Roadshow Studios. The production will utilize the facility’s sprawling backlot and all nine VRS soundstages, including its newest, Stage 9, the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. Filming will also take place in Newfoundland, Sicily and Tunisia.

An icon for over 75 years, Aquaman is known by fans of DC Comics as the ruler of Atlantis but committed to protecting the entire globe, both land and sea.

Currently set for a 2018 release, the film is based on characters from DC.

AQUAGAWD drowning cacs and your bytches panties in 2018 :wow:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
PA Kent made the choice to sacrifice his life because he didn't think the world,nor his son was ready.

It's not that hard to understand. It makes perfect sense.

he didn't think the world was ready? what does that mean? at what point would the world have been ready? :dwillhuh:you're saying unless an alien force comes to invade earth pa kent wanted clark to keep his abilities hidden away forever? :dwillhuh:if that's the case then what was all that mumbo jumbo about making a choice and whatnot? :dwillhuh: and also what do you mean clark wasn't ready his father is about to die he is about as ready to use his powers as he's ever going to be. :dwillhuh:

do you not see how retarded this all is?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
he didn't think the world was ready? what does that mean? at what point would the world have been ready? :dwillhuh:you're saying unless an alien force comes to invade earth pa kent wanted clark to keep his abilities hidden away forever? :dwillhuh:if that's the case then what was all that mumbo jumbo about making a choice and whatnot? :dwillhuh: and also what do you mean clark wasn't ready his father is about to die he is about as ready to use his powers as he's ever going to be. :dwillhuh:

do you not see how retarded this all is?
I really don't understand what you're having trouble grasping.

It's like you didn't pay attention to the film at all.

PA kent was doing what he thought was right. Protecting his son. Like,this isn't rocket science.

He didn't think his teenage son was ready to carry the burden of what would happen.

He sacrificed his life to protect his son.

I have no idea how this is apparently beyond you.

If today, an alien god revealed itself it would radically change the world. What is so hard for you to wrap your head around?

None of it is retarded.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I really don't understand what you're having trouble grasping.

It's like you didn't pay attention to the film at all.

PA kent was doing what he thought was right. Protecting his son. Like,this isn't rocket science.

He didn't think his teenage son was ready to carry the burden of what would happen.

He sacrificed his life to protect his son.

I have no idea how this is apparently beyond you.

If today, an alien god revealed itself it would radically change the world. What is so hard for you to wrap your head around?

None of it is retarded.
Okay so the world isn't ready for an alien in 2017 but they'll be ready in 10 years?

And once again the film makes it clear that Pa Kent believes his son has a higher calling. Yes he's scared for his son but he know that one day he's going to make that choice for himself.

So I dot see why he would deny his son that choice at that moment. I'll ask again if not then WHEN would it have been okay?!?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Okay so the world isn't ready for an alien in 2017 but they'll be ready in 10 years?

And once again the film makes it clear that Pa Kent believes his son has a higher calling. Yes he's scared for his son but he know that one day he's going to make that choice for himself.

So I dot see why he would deny his son that choice at that moment. I'll ask again if not then WHEN would it have been okay?!?
Maybe when clark isn't a fukking emotional teenager?

Like they just had a typical teenager-parent fight a few moments before.

It's obvious clark wasn't ready emotionally. PA kent knew that. Hence his sacrifice.

His choice speech was because he knew he couldn't protect clark forever,and that one day clark would be a man and make his own decision.

At that moment clark was still a child and pa kent knew he wasn't ready for that choice.

Thus is all laid out in an obvious fashion.

You're looking for definitive answers when the film clearly shows this is something pa kent is wrestling with himself. He doesn't HAVE the answers. All he knows is he loves his son and wants to protect him. He sacrificed his life to delay Clarks choice for when he's mature enough for it.

Clark spends his time as he grows helping people from the shadows. When zod comes,he forces clark to make his choice. And Clark does. He chooses to stand before the world and expose who he is to protect the world.

The rest of the film and BVS dealt with him accepting his place in the world and the world reacting to him.