Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

You're quoting two actors who would be the last people to know about the budget of a company they don't even work for. It would make sense if they were producers on the film, but they aren't. Also why would a agent tell the actor the budget, why the fukk does he care.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What flops:why:.
Pan, Batman v Superman, Jupiter Ascending, and The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mad Max Fury Road barely barely breaking even.

Bad string of big budget under achieving films tied to them.

They lost $300M?:dwillhuh: Where did you see that?

I don't give a fukk about profit b/c I ain't a shareholder. I understand how business work I just don't care:what:

If this is a loss why did WB double down on the universe weeks ago?

I was wrong on the 300 mil, my bad rushing and bad math.
500 mil total to around maybe 550 total
currently a 860 mil, cut in half after distribution, 430 mil, looking at around 70 mil - 120 mil loss on movie.
Needs to break 1 bil to break evven if those reported numbers are right

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Pan, Batman v Superman, Jupiter Ascending, and The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Mad Max Fury Road barely barely breaking even.

Bad string of big budget under achieving films tied to them.

I was wrong on the 300 mil, my bad rushing and bad math.
500 mil total to around maybe 550 total
currently a 860 mil, cut in half after distribution, 430 mil, looking at around 70 mil - 120 mil loss on movie.
Needs to break 1 bil to break evven if those reported numbers are right
nikka stop acting like you know how much they made or lost like you're an analyst for them:mjlol:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You're quoting two actors who would be the last people to know about the budget of a company they don't even work for. It would make sense if they were producers on the film, but they aren't. Also why would a agent tell the actor the budget, why the fukk does he care.

Agents are going to want to know the budget off the bat for different levels of actors and the talk circulates trades, so depending on the actor and the relationship with their agent they can find out the budget of the film.

That said what do you bring to the table to counter the numbers leakng out?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
nikka stop acting like you know how much they made or lost like you're an analyst for them:mjlol:

You sound pressed, first you were saying profit doesn't matter in a business, now you are getting mad and saying we can't do rough calculations and see what revenue points they have to meet to break even.

Nikkas really really stan this shyt to the point they give a fukk about the profits of WB and Disney:dead:

"The white man get paid off of all of that":yeshrug:

Look at you, crying and shyt.

If you don't want to engage in a honest discussion, why come to the thread to cry?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Agents are going to want to know the budget off the bat for different levels of actors and the talk circulates trades, so depending on the actor and the relationship with their agent they can find out the budget of the film.

WB has no Franchises breh, they're in no position to start pulling DC films period. ScreenRant posted a great article stating this and why WB will continue to make DC films regardless of the B.O. This isn't the age where they had Harry Potter, TDKT and LOTR films to keep them afloat, check the 2015 BO numbers for WB.

Star Wars alone made $2,066B
All WB films together made $2,788B

This year WB has currently grossed $1,023B and $863M came from BvS. Imagine if BvS never came out, these nikkas would've made $159M so far. Even though they lost money with BvS, it's nothing compared to the money lost as a studio.

Last edited:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

WB has no Franchises breh, they're in no position to start pulling DC films period. ScreenRant posted a great article stating this and why WB will continue to make DC films regardless of the B.O. This isn't the age where they had Harry Potter, TDKT and LOTR films to keep them afloat, check the 2015 BO numbers for WB.

This year WB has currently grossed $1,023B and $863M came from BvS. Imagine if BvS never came out, these nikkas would've made $159M so far

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
If any movie should break 1 billion, Batman vs. Superman should have, no excuse for it not to.
Now you trying to cop pleas about why a bullshyt ass brand new franchise like Zootopia out grossed BvS. smH.
You want to look at Marvel, look at the MCU on box office mojo and look at the average production costs, and compare that to the 250 DC has for all their movies and you'l realize why DC is setting up to fail

dawgg YOU'RE the one copping pleas tryna downplay 800+mil as a bad look when its sitting in the top 10 after how many CBM have been made ??

you pull out deadpool as your yard stick like ANYONE expected those returns off the budget, it came out left field and blew up...

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

This year WB has currently grossed $1,023B and $863M came from BvS. Imagine if BvS never came out, these nikkas would've made $159M so far. Even though they lost money with BvS, it's nothing compared to the money lost as a studio.

WB doesn't have to have franchises to better budget their movies.
Like I said its been big budget flop after flop for them with jupiter ascending, mad max fury road, pan, BvS, and etc and all if it not neccessary and avoidable if they budgeted their movies like they had some god damn sense.
Disney and Universal are on another level, not comparable to WB right now.

That said WB grossed is irrelevant to what they have made in profits, I'm sure the shareholders don't give a damn about the gross revenue, and want to see profit and positive ROI.

WB this year put all their money and faith in BvS and could possibly lost money doing so, no matter how you cut it that is not something wanted or desired and its going to cost someone their job.

Like I said before, there is no way in hell a brand new franchise like Zootopia should be able to come out after BvS and be on track to outgross it and break 1 billion dollars on a 150 mil production budget and 150 mil P&A.. While Batman and Superman, two of the most known properties in the world with a 4 quadrant appeal worldwide struggles to hit 900 mil and had a total cost in the 500 mil range. Its crazy.

dawgg YOU'RE the one copping pleas tryna downplay 800+mil as a bad look when its sitting in the top 10 after how many CBM have been made ??

you pull out deadpool as your yard stick like ANYONE expected those returns off the budget, it came out left field and blew up...

How am I copping pleas by saying its a failure because the production cost was so much they lost money?
Come on son, learn basic business, its not the revenue that matters, its the profit. No one spends money in effort to make no money or lose money in the process.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
WB doesn't have to have franchises to better budget their movies.
Like I said its been big budget flop after flop for them with jupiter ascending, mad max fury road, pan, BvS, and etc and all if it not neccessary and avoidable if they budgeted their movies like they had some god damn sense.
Disney and Universal are on another level, not comparable to WB right now.

That said WB grossed is irrelevant to what they have made in profits, I'm sure the shareholders don't give a damn about the gross revenue, and want to see profit and positive ROI.

WB this year put all their money and faith in BvS and could possibly lost money doing so, no matter how you cut it that is not something wanted or desired and its going to cost someone their job.

Like I said before, there is no way in hell a brand new franchise like Zootopia should be able to come out after BvS and be on track to outgross it and break 1 billion dollars on a 150 mil production budget and 150 mil P&A.. While Batman and Superman, two of the most known properties in the world with a 4 quadrant appeal worldwide struggles to hit 900 mil and had a total cost in the 500 mil range. Its crazy.

Zootopia came out on March 4 but anyways I don't know we keep debating. Negative reviews and WOM killed the BO for this movie, the only reason it did so much was because of the brand names. If this movie had good reviews + WOM then it would've soared passed a billion. You can't put out a low quality product and expect it to hit a billion no matter who the characters are. Transformers is the only franchise who can get away with it because of China and their love for robots fighting. WB will make more DC movies and fix whatever needs to be fixed along the way, end of story.

Also we're dealing with flying aliens and super power heroes, the budget for BvS was always going to be high. Same for JL which will probably be higher. Tell me how do you make a JL or BvS movie that's under 200M? You can't

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Zootopia came out on March 4 but anyways I don't know we keep debating. Negative reviews and WOM killed the BO for this movie, the only reason it did so much was because of the brand names. If this movie had good reviews + WOM then it would've soared passed a billion. You can't put out a low quality product and expect it to hit a billion no matter who the characters are. Transformers is the only franchise who can get away with it because of China and their love for robots fighting. WB will make more DC movies and fix whatever needs to be fixed along the way, end of story.

Also we're dealing with flying aliens and super power heroes, the budget for BvS was always going to be high. Same for JL which will probably be higher. Tell me how do you make a JL or BvS movie that's under 200M? You can't

Yes WB putting out a shyt movie hurt its ability to generate a profit. We figured this out, on top of that, they spent too much money for this movie, way too much money.

Transformers , funny you mention that, talking about budgeting, no transformer movie has cost 250 mil in production.
First movie was only 150 after establishing itself as a powerhouse, the latest movie had a budget of 210 mil.
BvS had a production cost of 350 mil, no excuse for that
Hell last TMNT movie had a budget of 125 mil, that had more sfx shots since the principles were all CGI than BvS. Independence Day 2 has a budget of 200 mil.

The problem that DC/WB has is simple.
They have terrible executive leadership, allowing budgets to bee too high.
They have a man over the implementation of their universe that hates the concept of super heroes,, and has terrible stories to go with it.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Yes WB putting out a shyt movie hurt its ability to generate a profit. We figured this out, on top of that, they spent too much money for this movie, way too much money.

Transformers , funny you mention that, talking about budgeting, no transformer movie has cost 250 mil in production.
First movie was only 150 after establishing itself as a powerhouse, the latest movie had a budget of 210 mil.
BvS had a production cost of 350 mil, no excuse for that
Hell last TMNT movie had a budget of 125 mil, that had more sfx shots since the principles were all CGI than BvS. Independence Day 2 has a budget of 200 mil.

The problem that DC/WB has is simple.
They have terrible executive leadership, allowing budgets to bee too high.
They have a man over the implementation of their universe that hates the concept of super heroes,, and has terrible stories to go with it.

If that's the case then how come Time Warner hasn't fired anyone?