Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Who the hell greenlit The Man from U.N.C.L.E.? That person should be fired.

WB should invest in more traditional comedies. They're cheap to produce and have the potential to rack in crazy money. Look at The Hangover series or My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Honestly, I want DCEU to succeed so that we get a crisis on film. Comic book fans know what I'm talking about.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
No they aren't, the analysts have already said at minimum they are making $200M off this despite it not reaching the billion mark. You're a fukking moron :russ:

I've seen that projection and its based off getting worldwide numbers in the 900m range.
I've seen other projections that also don't go off the reported conservative 250 mil budget, they say 1 billion.
Will Batman v Superman Be the Billion-Dollar Blockbuster Warner Bros. Needs?

There are some forbes articles that say the same.
It all depends on the supposed production budget. WB claims 250, other sources say 350 mil and others say over 410 mil.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
WB has no Franchises breh, they're in no position to start pulling DC films period. ScreenRant posted a great article stating this and why WB will continue to make DC films regardless of the B.O. This isn't the age where they had Harry Potter, TDKT and LOTR films to keep them afloat, check the 2015 BO numbers for WB.

Star Wars alone made $2,066B
All WB films together made $2,788B

This year WB has currently grossed $1,023B and $863M came from BvS. Imagine if BvS never came out, these nikkas would've made $159M so far. Even though they lost money with BvS, it's nothing compared to the money lost as a studio.
Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them comes out in November which will make bank because those Harry Potter nerds are a loyal bunch, So WB has a new franchise starting up this year based in the universe of one of their most successful franchises the studio has ever had.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 50m50 minutes ago
Arrogant Alien Retweeted Connor
Nonsense. It would be a logistical nightmare to pull off. This is complete nonsense

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 49m49 minutes ago
Arrogant Alien Retweeted Lindsay
That's something that's really absurd. if it were true it'd be Ayer and Ayer doesn't play like that. It's bollocks

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 47m47 minutes ago
Arrogant Alien Retweeted Christopher Forte
It's bs. He's taking the mundane story of minor reshoots and twisting it into some insane conspiracy theory.

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 45m45 minutes ago
You mean to tell me that #WB would go back and mess with a completed film just to add more Jokes? They already have *****ing humor

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 44m44 minutes ago
Sure it's of a darker sensibility and may put off some parents, but it's still #humor and to retroactively alter the tone is insane.

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 43m43 minutes ago
I love #SuicideSquad, but yeah the last two trailers, although awesome, misrepresent the tone of the film.

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 41m41 minutes ago
Arrogant Alien Retweeted staypuffed
take the first trailer and the second trailer and it's somewhere in between. But leans toward dark humor.

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 38m38 minutes ago
Torture, cannibalism and assassinations. Hilarious.

Arrogant Alien ‏@SonofArrogance 33m33 minutes ago
People are going to expect #SuicideSquad to be a comedy at this rate, and when it isn't they'll be really p*ssed. Cuz it's not. At all.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Nonsense. It would be a logistical nightmare to pull off. This is complete nonsense

That's something that's really absurd. if it were true it'd be Ayer and Ayer doesn't play like that. It's bollocks

It's bs. He's taking the mundane story of minor reshoots and twisting it into some insane conspiracy theory.

You mean to tell me that #WB would go back and mess with a completed film just to add more Jokes? They already have *****ing humor

Sure it's of a darker sensibility and may put off some parents, but it's still #humor and to retroactively alter the tone is insane.

I love #SuicideSquad, but yeah the last two trailers, although awesome, misrepresent the tone of the film.

take the first trailer and the second trailer and it's somewhere in between. But leans toward dark humor.

People are going to expect #SuicideSquad to be a comedy at this rate, and when it isn't they'll be really p*ssed. Cuz it's not. At all.

But but but Suicide Squad is a rip off of GOTG. You can tell SS is a dark humor movie and they're only marketing it as fun because of the title. Imagine if all the trailers had the same tone as the teaser, they wouldn't have as many heads in the theater, even if the movie was good.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

Basically how I feel :francis:
But but but Suicide Squad is a rip off of GOTG. You can tell SS is a dark humor movie and they're only marketing it as fun because of the title. Imagine if all the trailers had the same tone as the teaser, they wouldn't have as many heads in the theater, even if the movie was good.
:why:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Saw Dawn of Justice for a third time this afternoon and I have to lower my score to 7/10. I previously had it at a 8/10. The first two times I saw it was opening weekend and I guess because of the awe factor of seeing the Trinity together on film for the first time clouded my judgement and the fact that i'm a hardcore Batman fan. The movie is still good and I like it but it had some problems. WB definitely needs to step in when necessary with Snyder for Justice League.

Bini Knight

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

Believe in Ben :blessed:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Zack Snyder is a fukking hack, and the disappointing numbers for BvS exposed that.

The DCEU has no hope until they get as far away from him as possible.

800mil+ is a hack now ?? interesting... good thing you're not a movie director or a financial analyst, or a head of a company, damn thank god you aint shyt :wow:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
WB tagged Ben in the game :wow:

Ben Affleck Elevates ‘Justice League’ Presence; Becomes Exec Producer

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has made a subtle addition to the Justice League braintrust. Ben Affleck, already set to co-star in the film, has signed on to become its executive producer as well. In that role, he will work with director Zack Snyder and screenwriter Chris Terrio behind the scenes to make the film the best it can be. It seems like a smart move, given that Affleck is already on the premises to reprise his Batman/Bruce Wayne character, and because he’s as strong a storytelling presence as Warner Bros has on its lot. He showed that with his writing/directing efforts Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo, the latter of which won the Best Picture Oscar for Warner Bros and was scripted by Terrio, who also won an Academy Award for the film. I’m told that Affleck is doing this to be supportive of Snyder, with whom he worked well on Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, which grossed $864 million worldwide despite not being beloved by the critics. Warner Bros is still figuring out its stylistic superhero mojo, and Affleck will help. Justice League is slotted for a November 17, 2017 release, and Affleck’s Batman is expected to be paired alongside Henry Cavill’s Superman, Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, and likely Jason Momoa’s Aquaman.

Affleck, who followed his Batman turn by directing and starring in his scripted adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night for an October 20, 2017 release by Warner Bros, is building toward a relaunch of the Batman franchise as a standalone. As Deadline revealed last Comic-Con, he has teamed with DC’s Geoff Johns to write the movie he’ll star in and direct.

Last edited: