David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
:russ: You have a point but I doubt even WB will be that dumb to drop major bread on Suicide Squad.

250 mil production budget leaked for both WW and SS, and those are conservative estimates.
They will lose money with these films and its not surprising at all, mainly because there is no real DC Films subsidery to lock this shyt down.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Turns out I was wrong about the budget for BvS, I was going with the 250 mil, being reported by other sites.
I was wrong, Turkish media cut a deal with them on sponsorship and leaked the budget at the time being around 350 mi (Turkish Airlines to take off with Batman v Superman deal)
You also have talks of it being higher than Pirates of the Carribean 3 and being over 410 mil, so adjust the BvS numbers the minimum is 350 - 410 mil range in production alone, add about 150 mil P&A (very conservative estimate)
low end range
500 mil total cost to possibly being 560 mil total cost
This movie needed to hit 1 bil worldwide to break even, they are actually looking at a 200 - 300 mil loss on BvS.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
People and DC need to realise we live in the fandom age were the majority picks a side and sticks with it. So expecting such big numbers from a movie universe 2 movies deep is ridiculous.
Thankfully DC have an identity and if they stick with it in a couple years they'll be making billions
They just need to perfect it, the only dc movie that should be like a marvel movie is flash

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
250 mil production budget leaked for both WW and SS, and those are conservative estimates.
They will lose money with these films and its not surprising at all, mainly because there is no real DC Films subsidery to lock this shyt down.

WW and SS doesn't have a budget of 250M, I don't know where you're pulling these numbers from. WW is probably the cheapest, why do you think they shot it in Europe? Tax breaks. SS will probably be a little higher because of Will Smith's asking price.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
WW and SS doesn't have a budget of 250M, I don't know where you're pulling these numbers from. WW is probably the cheapest, why do you think they shot it in Europe? Tax breaks. SS will probably be a little higher because of Will Smith's asking price.

wrong
Suicide Squad
DC Weekly: 'Suicide Squad' Budget Revealed and 'Dark Knight III' Issue 1 Review
“This is the biggest movie I’ve ever done by a factor of 10. I mean, I think the budget was north of 250.” - See more at: DC Weekly: 'Suicide Squad' Budget Revealed and 'Dark Knight III' Issue 1 Review Read more at: DC Weekly: 'Suicide Squad' Budget Revealed and 'Dark Knight III' Issue 1 Review

Wonder Woman
http://dccomicsmovie.com/said-taghm...udget-schedule-and-filming-in-four-countries/
aïd Taghmaoui who’s playing an undisclosed character in Wonder Woman, spoke in the October issue of the French magazine Ultra.

Where he disclosed new information about the production for the film, such as the movie having a budget of $300 million.

Taghmaoui also talks about how the movie is to film in four different countries in 6 months, which we assume it’ll be United Kingdom, Italy, Morocco and a country in the Far East. As previously reported with the information given by My World of Entertainment, it makes sense.

Yeah like I sid 250 mil is conservative estimate

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The excuses are laughable. Everything is a business. They have control of the two most well known properties in comic history in a genre that is currently booming. They missed out on tons of potential profit by making a lackluster product. Nobody in a suit at DC/WB is popping champagne over this. The potential profit lost out on this film is in the hundreds of million plus range.

Zootopia doing better than BVS is :deadrose: especially since they moved it to march to have as little competition as possible :mjlol:
Zootopia is also bigger than the majority if Marvel movies :what:

BvS is like the 7th ranked CBM ever. That can't be a failure:mjlol:. It's disappointing but not a failure

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
You need to brush up on the hollywood business model.
First everything is based on how much the movie cost.
What ever you seen in terms of ticket sales (excluding china) cut it in half that is how much the studio gets, assuming they didn't sell stake to other investors like Fox did with Avatar. If you look at china studios typically get 25% of the gross there, unless they have a deal with a chinese company like Tom Cruise, then they get 50%.

So you are looking at BvS, estimated cost with P&A are between 400 mil - 500mil.

800 mil is a failure
cut that in half after distribution and you get 430
You don't spend 400 mil (we'll go with the unlikely minimum) to make damn near 30 mil in profit. That stupid as shyt, plus the movie hurt the brand and was a critical failure.

compare to Deadpool.
Deadpool cost 58 ml + around 60 mil in advertise (typically for movies under 100 mil, your advertising will equal the budget of the movie) , total cost around 110 mil, pulled in 760 million worldwide. 380 mil after distribution. spend 108 mil made 278 mil profit. That is how you operate.

That is why you look at the bs DC/ WB is pulling with their universe you see off the bat they are building themselves up to fail.

Director problems with The flash, potential director problems with Aquaman, shareholders mad at Snyder and his low returns on investment, terrible PR, terrible reception, Wonder Woman budges 250 mil and having its own director problems and being tied to a shyt movie.

Then you realize Zootopia a new franchise is going to break 1 billion and has been tracking for better than BvS (two of the strong comic and movie properties in the world) and it shouldn't be a mystery why BvS is a failure
But profit literally is the most irrelevant thing for people to argue about. The box office measures interest in the movie. And BvS was the 7th biggest movie. There's no way that's bad.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm not saying this is wrong but is the actor gonna really know what the budget is?
Agents will usually know about the budget of a film and depending on the agent, actors can pretty much know what the budget of the film they are working on is.

But profit literally is the most irrelevant thing for people to argue about. The box office measures interest in the movie. And BvS was the 7th biggest movie. There's no way that's bad.
Profit is the main reason any business operates.
Its a damn shame you folks are trying to ignore basic business facts to get DC a win here and it just doesn't exist.

You make a movie or any production to hopefully make money and get a profit, not to lose money.

WB/DC doesnt give a damn if they have the 7th biggest movie if they lost 300 million dollars during the process.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Taking all these flops I wouldn't be surprised if WB fires the head of films, he just has gotten nothing but lose after loss.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Agents will usually know about the budget of a film and depending on the agent, actors can pretty much know what the budget of the film they are working on is.

Profit is the main reason any business operates.
Its a damn shame you folks are trying to ignore basic business facts to get DC a win here and it just doesn't exist.

You make a movie or any production to hopefully make money and get a profit, not to lose money.

WB/DC doesnt give a damn if they have the 7th biggest movie if they lost 300 million dollars during the process.
They lost $300M?:dwillhuh: Where did you see that?

I don't give a fukk about profit b/c I ain't a shareholder. I understand how business work I just don't care:what:

If this is a loss why did WB double down on the universe weeks ago?

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Nikkas really really stan this shyt to the point they give a fukk about the profits of WB and Disney:dead:

"The white man get paid off of all of that":yeshrug: