David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
why use deadpool like ALL cbm have seen such returns on low budgets, that came out of nowhere so nahh bruh dont use that to compare and make a point.. not every cbm made a billion and I'm sure they're not crying cause they only made 30 mil profit IF, i say IF thats even what they made could be more we dont know exactly what was spent , but you acting like this is the only movie and goodbye, its a damn universe they're building, its a long term plan..

If any movie should break 1 billion, Batman vs. Superman should have, no excuse for it not to.
Now you trying to cop pleas about why a bullshyt ass brand new franchise like Zootopia out grossed BvS. smH.
You want to look at Marvel, look at the MCU on box office mojo and look at the average production costs, and compare that to the 250 DC has for all their movies and you'l realize why DC is setting up to fail

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's the Justice League :mjlol:
even if it's ripped apart by critics it'll still make more than BvS
We just got Justice League, it was just under a different name.

The novelty of seeing the trinity together for the first time is done now. Aquaman and Cyborg aren't gonna add another few hundred million to the gross.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I do wonder what Suicide Squad will do numbers wise. Two weeks before you got Star Trek and Ice Age. One week before you have Jason Bourne and the week after you have Sasuage Party and Pete's Dragon.

I think the minimum for Sucide Squad will be $500 million,maybe $550 or $600 depending on how much money WB spends on it.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Don't speak to soon, we thought BvS was gonna make a billion regardless of bad reviews and look how that turn out:mjpls:
I never said a billion, I simoly said more :mjpls:

We just got Justice League, it was just under a different name.

The novelty of seeing the trinity together for the first time is done now. Aquaman and Cyborg aren't gonna add another few hundred million to the gross.
No but the Flash will :ahh:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
That Bourne gonna make money cuz each one got better (not including that shyt legacy Damon wasn't in it)
If it stays the course it's gonna have legs which is likely it's highly anticipated
I do wonder what Suicide Squad will do numbers wise. Two weeks before you got Star Trek and Ice Age. One week before you have Jason Bourne and the week after you have Sasuage Party and Pete's Dragon.

I think the minimum for Sucide Squad will be $500 million,maybe $550 or $600 depending on how much money WB spends on it.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
You need to brush up on the hollywood business model.
First everything is based on how much the movie cost.
What ever you seen in terms of ticket sales (excluding china) cut it in half that is how much the studio gets, assuming they didn't sell stake to other investors like Fox did with Avatar. If you look at china studios typically get 25% of the gross there, unless they have a deal with a chinese company like Tom Cruise, then they get 50%.

So you are looking at BvS, estimated cost with P&A are between 400 mil - 500mil.

800 mil is a failure
cut that in half after distribution and you get 430
You don't spend 400 mil (we'll go with the unlikely minimum) to make damn near 30 mil in profit. That stupid as shyt, plus the movie hurt the brand and was a critical failure.

compare to Deadpool.
Deadpool cost 58 ml + around 60 mil in advertise (typically for movies under 100 mil, your advertising will equal the budget of the movie) , total cost around 110 mil, pulled in 760 million worldwide. 380 mil after distribution. spend 108 mil made 278 mil profit. That is how you operate.

That is why you look at the bs DC/ WB is pulling with their universe you see off the bat they are building themselves up to fail.

Director problems with The flash, potential director problems with Aquaman, shareholders mad at Snyder and his low returns on investment, terrible PR, terrible reception, Wonder Woman budges 250 mil and having its own director problems and being tied to a shyt movie.

Then you realize Zootopia a new franchise is going to break 1 billion and has been tracking for better than BvS (two of the strong comic and movie properties in the world) and it shouldn't be a mystery why BvS is a failure
The excuses are laughable. Everything is a business. They have control of the two most well known properties in comic history in a genre that is currently booming. They missed out on tons of potential profit by making a lackluster product. Nobody in a suit at DC/WB is popping champagne over this. The potential profit lost out on this film is in the hundreds of million plus range.

Zootopia doing better than BVS is :deadrose: especially since they moved it to march to have as little competition as possible :mjlol:

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
People and DC need to realise we live in the fandom age were the majority picks a side and sticks with it. So expecting such big numbers from a movie universe 2 movies deep is ridiculous.
Thankfully DC have an identity and if they stick with it in a couple years they'll be making billions

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps

With the way WB is budgeting these movies like BvS movie probably is going to have to break 800 mil to get a profit., same as WW and The Flash.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
JL1 is gonna need SOME trailer for it to make more than BVS.

I don't see it happening.
Man fukk that Synder and company always made good trailers (outside of the second BVS one) movie needs to be GOOD to surpass BVS. I liked BVS but a movie like that should not have problems like editing and pacing with a budget that size at least make the movie coherent and easy to follow.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
With the way WB is budgeting these movies like BvS movie probably is going to have to break 800 mil to get a profit., same as WW and The Flash.
:russ: You have a point but I doubt even WB will be that dumb to drop major bread on Suicide Squad.