The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Yeah I agree with the awful drivers out here that love to tailgate or just speed up and switch lanes without putting on the turning signal. It's why I try to stay off of the highways as much as possible.

I've been all over the world and i've never seen trucks drive as fast as on dallas highways, I was going like 80mph and they were zooming right past me.

I want to make a thread detailing what it is like to drive here :dead:

shyt is :dwillhuh:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They got these toll roads all over the place. It's very aggravating, especially if you need to take a toll road to get to your job. Not sure the exact reason for it, but I doubt they are going anywhere soon.

DFW found out it is a great way to generate revenue. They say back in the day 635 or a part of 635 was a toll then they made it free once they made the money back to pay for the expressway.

Supposedly they said they were gonna do the same thing to george bush. But there is too much revenue generated to stop the toll so it will never be free.

Also at the end of the month the state troopers just chill on george bush because it is easy pickings to hit their quota for the month cause everyone speeds on there.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How's the uptown area? I thought dallas was jumpin, visiting the city in a few weeks..Where the hoes at?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices the drivers are terrible, especially going down I-30. If it is pouring or icy, then I wish you the best of luck. What a lot of people might not be used to as well is storm season, especially if you get caught in one while on the road.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
People in dallas drive the most aggressive I have ever seen in any city. Its not a texas thing cause folks in houston and San Antonio don't drive like this.

Not to mention road rage is very prominent here as well. Aint no thing to hear on the news someone shot at a kat on 635 or 75 cause they were cut off.

But you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till we get ice and folks out here flipping they cars cause they driving 100 down the expressway with icy conditions.

my wife had to get a new car down here cuz her sister totaled the old one on the tollway. so the new car she said has summer tires which don't grip for shyt whenever it rains.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
They got these toll roads all over the place. It's very aggravating, especially if you need to take a toll road to get to your job. Not sure the exact reason for it, but I doubt they are going anywhere soon.

I believe the DFW metroplex has been growing so rapidly, the state couldn't afford all the new infrastructure so they privatized it. those tollways are pricey as hell. lucky for me, I don't need to use them to get to work in Dallas.

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im visiting in a few weeks and staying in uptown. where the hoes at? I thought dallas was lit:what:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Thats cause nobody fukk with downtown thats for the homeless :heh:

We dont like tight ass streets, one way streets, and areas without easy parking so downtown is the last place thats gone be lit

The spots are everywhere else around the city

dog, there was NO ONE downtown. you could literally park anywhere on the street if u wanted to.