The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Oh I know it's spots on the southside...but my fam took me there because I had never been downtown even though I spent at least 15 summers in chicago but only in the 100s

Shyt is like going to L.A. every single year of your life but never seeing nothing but Watts :heh:

And you realize how every major st is every 8 blocks :dwillhuh:

its super easy to navigate in the chi cuz of the grid system. especially out south where they got numbered streets.

dallas has expressways going around the city like in a big circle. a little more confusing. but I'm not really clear on how to take the surface streets everywhere I need to go yet.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@Supreme Leader Reinscarf how u know so much about down here? u considering relocating to the states? aren't u in healthcare also?

went down in april loved it and was there a few weeks ago for 9 days rented a car and went around. And going back in a few months to see some smu/tcu/north texas football :banderas:, don't have usa citizenship so couldn't get a job but thinking of buying a crib down there since their so cheap. I love it there though.

I spent a few days in arlington, denton, downtown dallas, fort worth and irving and loved it, especially irving reminded me of where I live now, except the houses are like 1/5th of what it cost me up here.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
went down in april loved it and was there a few weeks ago for 9 days rented a car and went around. And going back in a few months, don't have usa citizenship so couldn't get a job but thinking of buying a crib down there since their so cheap. I love it there though
Dope. Dallas is a clean city

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Dope. Dallas is a clean city

I like dallas better than nyc, living in dallas must be :banderas: in september, can see a cowboys game, a tcu game, a smu game, a north texas game, hs football.

go to the mall and ice skate, shop at big ass walmarts, go to big ol churches, cheap ass real estate, should be hte black utopia

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
went down in april loved it and was there a few weeks ago for 9 days rented a car and went around. And going back in a few months to see some smu/tcu/north texas football :banderas:, don't have usa citizenship so couldn't get a job but thinking of buying a crib down there since their so cheap. I love it there though.

I spent a few days in arlington, denton, downtown dallas, fort worth and irving and loved it, especially irving reminded me of where I live now, except the houses are like 1/5th of what it cost me up here.

why not become a dual citizen and simply move down there and get out of the cold since u like it? plus, there's no state taxes here, so you're keeping most of your money. the job market is booming as well. those are the positives I have to say about being here.

NBA Youngbreh

DaDumbWay
Daps
Reppin
The Boot to Dallas

Finna be a tcu grad in the spring:banderas:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I love dallas grid... Reminds me of the DMV

Just drive around the 635 to 35 in a circle to get to places..

Makes it easy when i drive down from Texarkana and little rock when i visit my whole mother side of the family

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
well :damn:

I RARELY ride the GWB even tho its right next to where I stay. that said, I was driving my wife car on there one day in the middle of the day a few months ago and easily hit 95 cuz it was NO ONE on that bytch.

also ya'll tolls are super expensive and there's hella toll booths

in the chi, they said the same thing about our tollways. that they'd take the tolls out when they paid for the roads. this was in the 70's and they are still tolling folks. however, ours are only 75 cents per toll, and they don't have nearly as many tollways. plus I lived in the city, and the tolls are only in the suburbs, so I NEVER had to deal with them except when visiting friends out that way.

Breh driving in dallas and driving in chicago is like two different animals.

I remember when I first move to dallas from chicago. I tried to do that lil chicago shyt and pull out in the middle of the street when making a left turn. You know how us chicago folks will do that as the light is green or yellow then when it turns red you still got the right of way to turn left.

Well I tried to do that in dallas and mothafukkas tried to run my ass over when that light turned red....:damn:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh one more thing. can anyone tell me where all the black people live?

coming from a neighborhood that was 97% black to this is alarming. yeah it's blacks out here, but not like what I'm used to. are they in a certain part of the city? I see them around my job all the time, but that's just south of downtown.

South is where a great majority live.

But Black folks are more spread out in dallas because the city isn't segregated like in chicago. I grew up on the north side of chicago in lincoln park and black folks use to be deep off in there.

Now with genetrification and the demolition of cabrini green blacks folks almost don't exist over there anymore. I use to go to the beach on north ave as a kid and black folks use to be deep off in there in the summer. Man them days are long gone.

But on the north side of chicago it isn't just the disappearance of blacks but also latins like mexicans and puerto ricans.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Breh driving in dallas and driving in chicago is like two different animals.

I remember when I first move to dallas from chicago. I tried to do that lil chicago shyt and pull out in the middle of the street when making a left turn. You know how us chicago folks will do that as the light is green or yellow then when it turns red you still got the right of way to turn left.

Well I tried to do that in dallas and mothafukkas tried to run my ass over when that light turned red....:damn:

yo dawg, I'm still pulling them same shenanigans. only thing is I have illinois plates, so they kinda give me some slack on that. but I will say this. when I'm driving and put my signals on, them cats out here be letting a nikka merge in with no problem. like I'm actually shocked at how curteous they are.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its super easy to navigate in the chi cuz of the grid system. especially out south where they got numbered streets.

dallas has expressways going around the city like in a big circle. a little more confusing. but I'm not really clear on how to take the surface streets everywhere I need to go yet.

Yep in chicago all the streets go north, south, east and west. Plus I suck at directions so I would just always cheat and use the lake and sears tower as land marks and always new what direction I was going.

But can't do that in dallas because there is no land mark that big.