The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
People in dallas drive the most aggressive I have ever seen in any city. Its not a texas thing cause folks in houston and San Antonio don't drive like this.

Not to mention road rage is very prominent here as well. Aint no thing to hear on the news someone shot at a kat on 635 or 75 cause they were cut off.

But you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till we get ice and folks out here flipping they cars cause they driving 100 down the expressway with icy conditions.

chicago traffic is waaaayyy worse than here. I don't even trip about the traffic here compared to there. I just wish ya'll would quit causing accidents impacting my commute.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe the DFW metroplex has been growing so rapidly, the state couldn't afford all the new infrastructure so they privatized it. those tollways are pricey as hell. lucky for me, I don't need to use them to get to work in Dallas.

Yeah most of the time the tollways are just convenience. You can still get anywhere by car. Plus being from chicago rush hour was always a bytch. So traveling in traffic ain't no thing to me.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
chicago traffic is waaaayyy worse than here. I don't even trip about the traffic here compared to there. I just wish ya'll would quit causing accidents impacting my commute.

Yep chicago traffic is insane and most folks travel from miles away just to work.

Hell I got two cousins back home who travel to Indiana and Wisconsin for work everyday......all the way from chicago.

Also to not have to deal with one way streets and snow any more.....shyt it is worth it.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
dog, there was NO ONE downtown. you could literally park anywhere on the street if u wanted to.
The reasons I stated it was led to no one being downtown like that over the years

I've literally never in my life heard someone say they were going downtown to eat

It's not like Chicago. Shyt we went downtown Chi just to get some popcorn :heh:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Are yall actually in Dallas or one of the surrounding cities?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The reasons I stated it was led to no one being downtown like that over the years

I've literally never in my life heard someone say they were going downtown to eat

It's not like Chicago. Shyt we went downtown Chi just to get some popcorn :heh:

man in the chi, I don't even gotta go downtown to get some garrett's. there's one on 87th street like 2 minutes drive away :win:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah most of the time the tollways are just convenience. You can still get anywhere by car. Plus being from chicago rush hour was always a bytch. So traveling in traffic ain't no thing to me.

did u relocate down here from the chi? If so, I might hit u up via DM as well if that's cool.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Tell me why I find these goddamn 18 wheelers in the left lane:dwillhuh: ain't that shyt illegal:dwillhuh:

anywhere else I've driven trucks do max like 50mph and stay in the right, in dallas there on the left and they go like 80mph, sometimes half of the truck is in the other lane

:ohhh: I have noticed that also. in the chi, it's illegal for them NOT to be in the two right lanes on the expressways. and they damn for sure can't use the express lanes. out here its like the wild west with them blocking the passing lanes and shyt.

@Supreme Leader Reinscarf how u know so much about down here? u considering relocating to the states? aren't u in healthcare also?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
DFW found out it is a great way to generate revenue. They say back in the day 635 or a part of 635 was a toll then they made it free once they made the money back to pay for the expressway.

Supposedly they said they were gonna do the same thing to george bush. But there is too much revenue generated to stop the toll so it will never be free.

Also at the end of the month the state troopers just chill on george bush because it is easy pickings to hit their quota for the month cause everyone speeds on there.

well :damn:

I RARELY ride the GWB even tho its right next to where I stay. that said, I was driving my wife car on there one day in the middle of the day a few months ago and easily hit 95 cuz it was NO ONE on that bytch.

also ya'll tolls are super expensive and there's hella toll booths

in the chi, they said the same thing about our tollways. that they'd take the tolls out when they paid for the roads. this was in the 70's and they are still tolling folks. however, ours are only 75 cents per toll, and they don't have nearly as many tollways. plus I lived in the city, and the tolls are only in the suburbs, so I NEVER had to deal with them except when visiting friends out that way.

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
man in the chi, I don't even gotta go downtown to get some garrett's. there's one on 87th street like 2 minutes drive away :win:
Oh I know it's spots on the southside...but my fam took me there because I had never been downtown even though I spent at least 15 summers in chicago but only in the 100s

Shyt is like going to L.A. every single year of your life but never seeing nothing but Watts :heh:

And you realize how every major st is every 8 blocks :dwillhuh:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
oh one more thing. can anyone tell me where all the black people live?

coming from a neighborhood that was 97% black to this is alarming. yeah it's blacks out here, but not like what I'm used to. are they in a certain part of the city? I see them around my job all the time, but that's just south of downtown.