The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
thanks for info Zay, makes sense. gonna visit a few more times over the next year to check out a diff area each time. we stayed by the galleria mall last month and my boy threw a party at lake grapevine which was cool, also liked the Irving area but it all depends where we can get jobs at cuz i aint tryna be driving 1.5 hours to work
Well if you work in north dallas you probably want to stay north. I used to commute from desoto to lewisville everyday and I swear it took years off my life.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
can someone school me on Desoto? I hear its some sort of affluent Black area....moving to dallas next summer and am trying to get a jump on learning the area
And if you going to desoto trying to find that ATL/DC level of affluence then you will be disappointed. Plenty of well to do black folks that live in desoto but you will be pressed to have things to do that's not 20 mins away from desoto.

its2late2hate

Rookie
Daps
Also consider staying in a neutral spot in case of job location change. My friends job transferred him from Arlington to downtown FT. Worth.

got ya, what would be considered as a neutral spot location wise? wife is a nurse and she would be looking at getting in at one of the Baylor hospital locations which seem to be all over

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
is south Dallas still looked at as a "frowned upon area, i see the houses in Desoto are bigger and cheaper than Irving, Frisco, and Plano. Just wondering where I can get a nice suburban vibe without being too far from the heart of the city
lol desoto far from dallas you're not going to get a city life out in the burbs. there's nothing out there except restaurants along the highway. desoto sucks tbh thats why the houses are so cheap. noone wanna live way out there unless you like the quiet life

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Desoto is south of dallas, but it isnt "south dallas" to locals.

only to cacs who live in little elm or some shyt
hell chris bosh stil got a house in Desoto that he uses for child support purposes 4 the ex...

Desoto not bad..laws are hot durin the 1st n close to the end of the month..

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
is south Dallas still looked at as a "frowned upon area, i see the houses in Desoto are bigger and cheaper than Irving, Frisco, and Plano. Just wondering where I can get a nice suburban vibe without being too far from the heart of the city
they started to clean out the hood part of the oaklawn area, anything on maple n wycliff near sals pizza..is getting bought out n knocked down...got a couple esebroads who stay on Hondo,arryo and lucas..they said they started getting letters from thecity of dallas about code infractions and..they have new houses that where rebuilt..in the area..that stay in...

said once a week they get letters bout fences, grass and trash and shyt..u can drive thru there don't see anything wrong..then this past week they get certified letters about taking a buy out...

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Man any brehs that was born in raised in the DFW knows whats going on? It seems to me that the problem with the DFW is the growth rate not benefiting the poor.
breh this is normal in dallas when it gets hot...n there is no school..

shyt when I was them nikkas age n would come to dallas n visit..the same shyt was goin on..but it was more gang shyt back then ..then now..unc, 007, 357, 44 Beckley, cross Hampton, bonton, best 4 less, all the different sets would stay into it..

then u had the different areas with known apartments would get into...

butterbeans, village oaks, st james, monhagn court ..or u had streets n shyt kellogs, Glendale, etc stayed into it during the summertime or 1nce school start..

it die down once fall hit..the last lil rush of drama comes when the fair starts...n the rival schools play during football season...Sprague and loos useta stay active......then it die down once it colder....

spring break time...it start back up..city squash all the plex..n join up when its relay time..just incase they gotta go head up with us or some Austin schools..

get back up 35..they back beefin again

shopthatwrecks

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Yo I went to the Big 3 game at the American Airlines Center

So I went to the CVS
Next to it to get cash back to pay for parking
There are signs all over the parking lot saying "parking for customers only, violaters will be towed"

People would still park there and the tow truck was there towing people's shyt

So while in the store another tow truck dude was there seeing who was in what vechile
Then checking to see if they left in their car or walking over to the AAC

Then dude told me that he saw me get out my truck
And that he like my truck
And he saw my Army licence plates

I asked dude where was the cheapest place to park

Dude told me not to worry about
And that I could park in the CVS parking lot

Dude told me that tow companies give stores a few parking passes to give to people to let them park there and not get towed:ohhh:

So he asked a store worker to give me a pass to hang on my rearview mirror:ohhh:

So instead of paying$25 to park at the AAC
I parked for free:wow: at CVS

He told me from now on when I park downtown for an event
That if there is a store or restaurant close where they tow non patrons
To go in and ask if they have any parking passes from the tow company:ohhh:

So try that and see if u can avoid paying for parking:yeshrug:
its a couple of apartments near aac that will let u park there as well..alot ppl don't know that...cirque which is basically right across the street is where I park all the time...