The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, we had a lot of Crips. A lot of Pirus back in the 80s. A lot of Pirus moved to the east side and set up shop on the east side. I remember we didn't know about no Pirus or Crips when these dudes started showin up. The dude that was runnin' stuff back then had family connects in LA and brought some of those dudes to Garland. Don't know where all the crippin' started like that or not, but it got heavy startin in the late 80s. Started seeing local Latino gangs and some MS13 at the time too. Used to be fights like every day.

I would say the East side is 1st to the west, Walnut to the north, I would say was Curtis. All those houses around Austin were built later. Miller to the south. Back then, almost all the black people in Garland lived in that little area. Even around Sellers there weren't many black people until the 90s. We were straight supplying athletes to South, North and Lakeview while Garland struggled. All those top recruits were dudes we knew in the neighborhood.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: Hard to compete with the other Powerhouse Football programs in the Metroplex when the talent is split up among 7 different High Schools in Garland ISD.

Lowkey, I feel some type of way about Sachse High School having all this D-1 talent lately, when Garland High is the Flagship football program in the district.

@rantanamo

I agree man, Rowlett too. My cousin's kid went to Rowlett and they had a gang of D-1 athletes. But in my day, it was the same thing with South and Lakeview. We knew all of those dudes on those teams. Could have just combined the neighborhood kids and won a bunch of titles. I truly believe there was that much talent.

I see you played with Malcolm. I followed yall all the way to the end. To Waco and Houston. I still think that dude on Cedar Hill stepped on the back line of the endzone.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
You didn't mention you were from East Garland. A lot of Blacks & Mexicans I went to school with were from there & stayed Cripin'.

Are there official (or unofficial) borders for East Garland? I've always looked as 1st Street as border to the West, Walnut Street as the border on the North, maybe Centerville Rd. as the border to East. Looking at the Google Maps app on my phone right now, I'd say the intersection of Broadway Blvd & Centerville Rd. is the border on the south.

Yeah, we had a lot of Crips. A lot of Pirus back in the 80s. A lot of Pirus moved to the east side and set up shop on the east side. I remember we didn't know about no Pirus or Crips when these dudes started showin up. The dude that was runnin' stuff back then had family connects in LA and brought some of those dudes to Garland. Don't know where all the crippin' started like that or not, but it got heavy startin in the late 80s. Started seeing local Latino gangs and some MS13 at the time too. Used to be fights like every day.

I would say the East side is 1st to the west, Walnut to the north, I would say was Curtis. All those houses around Austin were built later. Miller to the south. Back then, almost all the black people in Garland lived in that little area. Even around Sellers there weren't many black people until the 90s. We were straight supplying athletes to South, North and Lakeview while Garland struggled. All those top recruits were dudes we knew in the neighborhood.

I think folks would refer to them newer homes by Austin Academy as "The rich side of The East".

Anyways, I remember reading about when certain schools in Dallas want to make it comfortable for white people to send their kids to, they'll turn the school into a a Magnet school (i.e. Hamilton Park Pace Setter).

Is that what happend with Austin Academy & Kimberlin Academy?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup, I went to Hillside Elementary when it was about 99% black. The school burned down and they sent us to another school down the street. When Hillside came back it was a Magnet that was probably 2/3 white. Austin was the same way.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Why Dallas as a whole file flop about everything?

The whole city was crying about the Rangers not that long ago

Now they acting like they know for sure they winning the world series:dead:

Everybody was crying last year about the drought
But now they talking bout it's too much rain

Dallas ain't had a winter in 3 years but mafukkas was still complaining about the cold

Wtf :dead:

YaBishh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Why Dallas as a whole file flop about everything?

The whole city was crying about the Rangers not that long ago

Now they acting like they know for sure they winning the world series:dead:

Everybody was crying last year about the drought
But now they talking bout it's too much rain

Dallas ain't had a winter in 3 years but mafukkas was still complaining about the cold

Wtf :dead:
This weather be on some bipolar shyt thats why. You have it all sunny on 35e and then on the other side on loop 12 its pouring and shyt. nikka Be tired of this shyt, but its Texas mane

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
They're included in Dallas....lol...They wasn't fukking with the Line tho.

I didn't know boys was out there banging in Garland like that :lupe: Times have changed. We use to ride out to Garland when we wanted some free shyt.
Skyline was cold in the late 90s too but I member B.J. Ward @Lucky_Lefty stole skyline big man in the game in 99. He had announced he was going to FSU for football earlier that day so he was lit. Skyline had some hoopers tho they PG was Jamal Brown he was at Kimball but couldn't take my brother spot so he transferred

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
This weather be on some bipolar shyt thats why. You have it all sunny on 35e and then on the other side on loop 12 its pouring and shyt. nikka Be tired of this shyt, but its Texas mane
Dallas weather is the shyt:blessed:

winters be weak as fukk

summer heat:blessed:
fall is basically still summer:blessed:

if only there was a regular rain cycle shyt would be perfect

Geechiedan214

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oak Cliff Tx Triple D as a whole
They're included in Dallas....lol...They wasn't fukking with the Line tho.

I didn't know boys was out there banging in Garland like that :lupe: Times have changed. We use to ride out to Garland when we wanted some free shyt.
Man it's 2 sides of Garland I suggest u stay Da fuk away from real spill south Garland(close to forest & audelia) & east garland. Its gotten a lil grimy over the years mane & nikkas been banging since way back when

Dak Pickscott

Shout out to Dallas my bih is a star
Daps
Acie law, them sasser boys etc. Etc. Kk always gave nikkas a run for they money. Where Marcus smart come out of?
Flower mound Marcus. He from the hillz tho

Acie was uh fool but jeryl was the best from the k imo

Carter had some damn fools too

Geechiedan214

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oak Cliff Tx Triple D as a whole
Flower mound Marcus. He from the hillz tho

Acie was uh fool but jeryl was the best from the k imo

Carter had some damn fools too
Yep the coldest nikkas I've seen at the C are all street nikkas now smh hoop dreams didnt pan out life full of mf curves though. Yea jeryl was a beast I thought he would blow out of SMu Da fuk happened?