The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man, I remember getting to middle school and it being like a whole new world, from elementary. Elementary was super G-rated, and one month in 6-th grade was rated R :wow:

Everybody was cussin, there were fights, gangs, dudes had cliques, it's was crazy. And this was in Garland, I can't imagine Dallas, D-ville etc

I remember when the dudes who were Bloods were called "slobs", I think that's what the crips called them. And something else, maybe "oooo-lies" or something like that.

Then there were the mexican gangs like "Latin Locos" & "aTm clique"

I remember this lil dude named Jarvis Ross. It was always him, Ken Bohannon a couple other dudes. They were always together. Jarvis was a little dude but he was really good RB in football(lke Barry SAnders type) and bball player. But I think he kept gettingin trouble and I don't know what happened to him after middle school.

I remember this one Mexican dude I was cool with in Reading class, used to wear a Penguins Starter jacket or jersey everyday and he'd have ROLLS of $20s, $50's EVERY day. Like he had to be carrying $700-800 all the time at school. Back then I was still innocent to everything and I'd wonder how he got all that money, but its obvious he had to be slangin heavy.

Looking back, there was alot of crazy stuff back then that I didn't realize how dangerous it was until later. Once in high school, the police came to get this dude outta our math class b/c they found out he had a gun in his back pack.

Lol, Ken was cool as hell. He was starting fullback for us as a Soph. Had multiple 40 carry games. He used to hang out with Jarvis(we called him Dupree). He was on varsity for a little bit, but kept getting in trouble. Both of them used to have us trippin though. Don't know if you remember the scarecrow bandits a few years back? Dupree was one of them and got 330 years in the Fed. for armed robberies.

We had a bunch of dudes at Garland just not make it. Either in the pen or dead. I knew this one dude that got shot when we were sophs at a party after practice. Knew another dude that got shot about ten years ago in the Nawf. Was comin leaving a complex on Forest and got shot in the face. My damn best friend went to the pen for accessory and armed robbery, 35 to life. I look at pictures of our basketball teams from Austin, and I'm like damn, like 2 of the black dudes made it out including me. My parents were strict and I was just interested in school, so I wasn't out in them skreets, but damn if all kinds of fukkery would be told everyday. Our football team used to skruggle to keep dudes out of trouble. Was always someone getting arrested like weekly. Even a white dude got shot by a Vietnamese gang. We was still maintainin' at the top of the district.

Garland used to have a lot of Latino gangs on the east side. Glynn Boys, Taylor Boys, MS-13. Even them Tango Blast dudes started showing up. Some of them was affiliated with Surenos. Used to be daily fights. They wasn't bustin' guns like that, but they was goin head up, lol. Long socks, shaved heads with only a duck tail

Garland was like the main hub of skinhead gangs and white prison gangs back then. Now they more out of Kaufman County and like Van. Dudes used to straight up wear that Nazi shyt to school with them laid to the side 50s hairstyles and combat boots. Regular ass whoopins were doled out though, and it kind of self regulated itself out of the school. I used to swear we were going to have a massive school shooting because those dudes were emotional, wearing big trench coats and combat boots.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Yeah, we had a lot of Crips. A lot of Pirus back in the 80s. A lot of Pirus moved to the east side and set up shop on the east side. I remember we didn't know about no Pirus or Crips when these dudes started showin up. The dude that was runnin' stuff back then had family connects in LA and brought some of those dudes to Garland. Don't know where all the crippin' started like that or not, but it got heavy startin in the late 80s. Started seeing local Latino gangs and some MS13 at the time too. Used to be fights like every day.

I would say the East side is 1st to the west, Walnut to the north, I would say was Curtis. All those houses around Austin were built later. Miller to the south. Back then, almost all the black people in Garland lived in that little area. Even around Sellers there weren't many black people until the 90s. We were straight supplying athletes to South, North and Lakeview while Garland struggled. All those top recruits were dudes we knew in the neighborhood.

man, I remember getting to middle school and it being like a whole new world, from elementary. Elementary was super G-rated, and one month in 6-th grade was rated R :wow:

Everybody was cussin, there were fights, gangs, dudes had cliques, it's was crazy. And this was in Garland, I can't imagine Dallas, D-ville etc

I remember when the dudes who were Bloods were called "slobs", I think that's what the crips called them. And something else, maybe "oooo-lies" or something like that.

Then there were the mexican gangs like "Latin Locos" & "aTm clique"

I remember this lil dude named Jarvis Ross. It was always him, Ken Bohannon a couple other dudes. They were always together. Jarvis was a little dude but he was really good RB in football(lke Barry SAnders type) and bball player. But I think he kept gettingin trouble and I don't know what happened to him after middle school.

I remember this one Mexican dude I was cool with in Reading class, used to wear a Penguins Starter jacket or jersey everyday and he'd have ROLLS of $20s, $50's EVERY day. Like he had to be carrying $700-800 all the time at school. Back then I was still innocent to everything and I'd wonder how he got all that money, but its obvious he had to be slangin heavy.

Looking back, there was alot of crazy stuff back then that I didn't realize how dangerous it was until later. Once in high school, the police came to get this dude outta our math class b/c they found out he had a gun in his back pack.

@jadillac Which High School & Middle school did you go to? Graduation class?

Most everyone at Garland High was claiming Crip because Garland High is the closest High School to East Garland. My Freshman year I think they were claiming "304 Check-a-Hoe, TX Crips". By the time we were seniors they were claiming "357 Crips". The Mexicans claimed "Eastside Homeboyz" & also wore Blue.

One day my Freshman year of H.S. (2003-2004 school year) after Football practice at Williams Stadium, them SBT (19-2-20 Slap-a-bytch, TX Bloods) nikkas from North Garland H.S. pulled up to the Williams Stadium Fieldhouse. The coaches had to call the cops. I'm lucky I already had left the fieldhose when them SBT nikkas pulled up because I didn't know nothing about gangs in Garland as a freshman, so I would still been sitting on the bench outside waiting for my ride while other folks were runnnig scared inside. We had to be careful walking home for the next week or so after that incident, cause they were threatening to jump nikkas if they saw us.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Lol, Ken was cool as hell. He was starting fullback for us as a Soph. Had multiple 40 carry games. He used to hang out with Jarvis(we called him Dupree). He was on varsity for a little bit, but kept getting in trouble. Both of them used to have us trippin though. Don't know if you remember the scarecrow bandits a few years back? Dupree was one of them and got 330 years in the Fed. for armed robberies.

wow. I didnt even know that. I just googled it, and yep there he is.

I guess it was bound to happen.

And yeah I remember he wanted to be called "Dupree" as well. He and his crew used to always wear Duke starter jackets. That's why when dudes say the streets never f'd with Duke Blue Devils, I'm always like, "they did at my school" lol

I remember when Arkansas won the national title in 94(vs Duke), I wore an Arky shirt a few days later and they was like "Man, take that sh*t off!" hahaha

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Deion Sanders’ teenage son allegedly beat up a high school employee in Dallas last September. According to TMZ, court documents indicate that John Darjean – abaseball coach and former minor league player who had a cameo in the Kevin Costner movie For Love of the Game – says that he was roughed up when he tried to confiscate a cell phone from the teen when he wasn’t supposed to be using it at school.

Allegedly, Sanders then “got violent — giving Darjean serious enough injuries that he was transported to a local hospital … and later needed spinal surgery.”

Per TMZ, the insurance company that was responsible for Darjean’s worker’s comp claim has filed a lawsuit against Deion Sanders and his ex-wife Pilar, alleging that they “knew their son had a history of reckless conduct and never did anything to curb his behavior.” The insurance company is seeking $26,000 in reimbursement.