The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I didn't know boys was out there banging in Garland like that :lupe: Times have changed. We use to ride out to Garland when we wanted some free shyt.

Man it's 2 sides of Garland I suggest u stay Da fuk away from real spill south Garland(close to forest & audelia) & east garland. Its gotten a lil grimy over the years mane & nikkas been banging since way back when

Forest Lane & Audelia Rd. is North Dallas/Lake Highlands to me.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Breh, I been :what: at Gavin Dawson being the head host. When Chris Arnold is the reason they're the #1 show at their time slot. :mindblown:
shyt dont make no sense. i hate when gavin asks stupid questions about the city of dallas b/c he's still new here. CA been putting in work since the 80s. he should be kidd kraddikk status.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt dont make no sense. i hate when gavin asks stupid questions about the city of dallas b/c he's still new here. CA been putting in work since the 80s. he should be kidd kraddikk status.

Dallas media has always been :mjpls: tho.

That's why Tom Joyner and Russ Parr left.

Dallas made Tom Joyner and Russ Parr.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps

that was a dope story about MJ. CA is still a fixture at Mavs games so he's good I think money wise. I actually stopped listening to the Fan or any DFW Sports radio right after Gallowway retired.

I listened to Gavin for a good 4-5 years, he should know his way around Dallas by now. But yeah, CA doesn't really fit on there per se, but it's better than when they just originally had him on wknd Sat morning duty. He prob just likes being on the radio.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, we had a lot of Crips. A lot of Pirus back in the 80s. A lot of Pirus moved to the east side and set up shop on the east side. I remember we didn't know about no Pirus or Crips when these dudes started showin up. The dude that was runnin' stuff back then had family connects in LA and brought some of those dudes to Garland. Don't know where all the crippin' started like that or not, but it got heavy startin in the late 80s. Started seeing local Latino gangs and some MS13 at the time too. Used to be fights like every day.

man, I remember getting to middle school and it being like a whole new world, from elementary. Elementary was super G-rated, and one month in 6-th grade was rated R :wow:

Everybody was cussin, there were fights, gangs, dudes had cliques, it's was crazy. And this was in Garland, I can't imagine Dallas, D-ville etc

I remember when the dudes who were Bloods were called "slobs", I think that's what the crips called them. And something else, maybe "oooo-lies" or something like that.

Then there were the mexican gangs like "Latin Locos" & "aTm clique"

I remember this lil dude named Jarvis Ross. It was always him, Ken Bohannon a couple other dudes. They were always together. Jarvis was a little dude but he was really good RB in football(lke Barry SAnders type) and bball player. But I think he kept gettingin trouble and I don't know what happened to him after middle school.

I remember this one Mexican dude I was cool with in Reading class, used to wear a Penguins Starter jacket or jersey everyday and he'd have ROLLS of $20s, $50's EVERY day. Like he had to be carrying $700-800 all the time at school. Back then I was still innocent to everything and I'd wonder how he got all that money, but its obvious he had to be slangin heavy.

Looking back, there was alot of crazy stuff back then that I didn't realize how dangerous it was until later. Once in high school, the police came to get this dude outta our math class b/c they found out he had a gun in his back pack.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I been :what: at Gavin Dawson being the head host. When Chris Arnold is the reason they're the #1 show at their time slot. :mindblown:
gavin dawson started off from 7pm to midnight on 105.3 the fan then built a big fan base and they moved him in the 10-2pm slot. that whole g-bag nation and army shyt is all gavin dawson... chris arnold is the weakest link on there. he just got caught plagerizing an article word for word :mjlol:

Chris Arnold Back on the Air at 105.3 The Fan After Plagiarism Episode

thought he would get fired after that dumb shyt. i don't listen to gavin anymore because im at work but he's one of the best on the fan. i remember one night like 4 years ago when he was still doing the night show tony romo called in randomly and they did a 20 minute interview on the air. this was like at 10:30pm i was driving home from work

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gavin dawson started off from 7pm to midnight on 105.3 the fan then built a big fan base and they moved him in the 10-2pm slot. that whole g-bag nation and army shyt is all gavin dawson... chris arnold is the weakest link on there. he just got caught plagerizing an article word for word :mjlol:

Chris Arnold Back on the Air at 105.3 The Fan After Plagiarism Episode

thought he would get fired after that dumb shyt. i don't listen to gavin anymore because im at work but he's one of the best on the fan. i remember one night like 4 years ago when he was still doing the night show tony romo called in randomly and they did a 20 minute interview on the air. this was like at 10:30pm i was driving home from work

:comeon: Gavin himself has said Chris Arnold is the reason for their high ratings. Chris Arnold being an establish popular radio personality from his days on K104 and The Ticket. Brought in new listeners to the Fans. Especially African-American sports fans that been listening to Chris Arnold for decades. Even Dallas Morning News reported that G-Bag Nation ratings are do to having the highest listeners of African-American males from 30-55 age range.

Also, Gavin was on the 3-7 show with another dude that had low ratings.

Also, you are talking about the Arnie Spanier Show from 7-11. Arnie had the interview with Romo and his(surprisingly) high night time ratings basically saved 105.3 the Fan.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: Gavin himself has said Chris Arnold is the reason for their high ratings. Chris Arnold being an establish popular radio personality from his days on K104 and The Ticket. Brought in new listeners to the Fans. Especially African-American sports fans that been listening to Chris Arnold for decades. Even Dallas Morning News reported that G-Bag Nation ratings are do to having the highest listeners of African-American males from 30-55 age range.

Also, Gavin was on the 3-7 show with another dude that had low ratings.

Also, you are talking about the Arnie Spanier Show from 7-11. Arnie had the interview with Romo and his(surprisingly) high night time ratings basically saved 105.3 the Fan.
:laff:

Last edited:

Geechiedan214

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Oak Cliff Tx Triple D as a whole
Brehs, What's 350? Is it a Hood or a Click? I remember DSR used always shout out 350 (sometimes alongside Highland Hills) in their music.

@shopthatwrecks @Geechiedan214
It was a click of nikkas mainly from Bruton st.augustine...scyene area combined with Hhp nikkas. Our side of Da cliff bumped heads wit em at a pookie/lucci show at some hotel off of 75 years ago I played the wall like always nikka ain't finna sneak me and stomp me out Jack I'm gone hold that position everytime which I did goddam me. nikkas was very deep...enough to make some opps shyt on they self lol. They still around but the gang unit rode on em and they downfall was they ongoing beef with east Dallas who was just as deep and dam fools too. Shid they got a 1st 48 epis. When they bumped heads downtown & pistol play was involved