The Official Dallas,TX DFW Metroplex Thread

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just closed on an apartment in Addison..thanks to the homies who put me on in this thread.

A nikka about to graduate in May, 2021 is looking up :wow:

I think that's where my sister stays

I need to visit. It's been a minute....I miss my neices :mjcry:

Edit nevermind she stay in Keller now

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
8 finalists for chief of police.

MXO7MXO6VRB3ZJOBXBUMUQVEKY.jpg

Dallas City Manager T.C. Broadnax on Thursday, Dec. 10, 2020, announced seven finalists to replace U. Renee Hall as the city's next police chief. They are (clockwise from top left) Dallas police Maj. Malik Aziz; Charlottesville, Va., Police Chief RaShall Brackney; San Jose, Calif., Police Chief Eddie Garcia; Dallas Catholic Diocese security director Albert Martinez; Dallas Assistant Police Chief Avery Moore; Dallas Deputy Police Chief Reuben Ramirez; and Irving Police Chief Jeff Spivey. Broadnax also announced that Dallas Assistant Police Chief Lonzo Anderson (bottom left) will become interim chief on Dec. 15.(File / File)

San Jose Police Chief Eddie Garcia announced this week he will retire at the end of this year after spending nearly three decades with the department, rising from a narcotics officer to become the top cop of the Bay Area’s largest city.

Garcia, 49, planned to announce his retirement in late June, but those plans were shelved when the pandemic took hold of the Bay Area in March and historic protests erupted in San Jose and other cities across the nation following the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd on Memorial Day.

“Obviously, the end of June was a very tumultuous time, and I didn’t feel it was the right time dealing with shelter in place and the fallout of protests,” Garcia told The Chronicle in an interview Tuesday, a day after his announcement. “But as the weeks went by, I just made up my mind that there is no good time to make an announcement such as this.”

Garcia leaves the department at a critical juncture. The city’s department faced criticism for its use of force during protests — tear gas and other projectiles injured numerous protesters — and the department has launched in internal investigation into racist messages allegedly shared by current and former officers. Meanwhile, critics are calling for systemic reforms nationwide in policing and the defunding of police budgets.

Garcia acknowledged Tuesday that incidents of police brutality and systemic racism within law enforcement have shown that more reforms are needed in the coming months and years, and his department still has work to do.

“It’s not just perception, we need officers to police themselves and we need to find better ways to make that happen,” he said.

640x0.jpg

San Jose Police Chief Eddie Garcia tells a crowd of reporters on Friday that a San Jose patrol officer fired at least one bullet that struck and killed the man who took a UPS driver hostage inside his truck, forced the driver to flee from police and sheriff’s deputies on a chase across San Jose, and then led a standoff for more than an hour on Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019.
Photo: Lauren Hernandez / The Chronicle 2019
Garcia said he announced his retirement months in advance to give the city time to conduct a search for a permanent chief rather than appointing someone on an interim basis.

Born in Puerto Rico, Garcia moved to San Jose with his mother when he was 5 and spoke almost no English. He joined the force in 1992 and advanced to the level of assistant chief in 2013 before succeeding Larry Esquivel as police chief in 2016.

Garcia’s tenure as chief got off to a rocky start, when a protest outside a June 2016 campaign rally for then-presidential candidate Donald Trump in San Jose devolved into violent street fights. Trump supporters filed a lawsuit naming Garcia and Mayor Sam Liccardo as co-defendants, and police were accused of not stepping in to stop assaults. A judge dismissed the allegations against Garcia, and the city later settled the suit.

More recently, Garcia’s officers were accused of using excessive force in trying to disperse protesters in June as demonstrations continued in the weeks following Floyd’s killing.

“In 2016, we handled the Trump rally and the criticism was we didn’t do enough. Then this year we handled these protests, and the criticism was we did too much,” Garcia said. “We’re going to look at our tactics and we’re going to see how we could improve.”

Garcia’s accomplishments as chief include restocking the ranks after a controversial pension reform plan passed in 2012, leading to an officer exodus and plummeting morale.

San Jose Police Chief Eddie Garcia announces retirement after 28 years with the force

who retires then get rehired...

https://ca.cair.com/sfba/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2018/04/05.14.18-SJPD-Letter.pdf

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

:dwillhuh: WTF. @heart Do you know anything about this decision?

Yeah I heard about that. The problem is there is a huge shortage of officers specifically for DPD. A lot of new officers are getting hired in plano, princeton, allen, mckinney, Anna and other subsidiary cities with the money to pay them. Part of what the last two chiefs(Brown, Hall) were trying to do was bring in police deescalation by not going after certain misdemeanors and and petty drug crimes.

On the surface it seems good if you live a certain criminal element in life, but the problem is things can escalate with those crimes where the police still may need to get called in.

But this statement the department put out is a trick bag because this is ONLY for DPD territory. Anyone who has lived or lives in dallas knows there are a bunch of other police departments once you leave the dallas city limits, especially north of 75 where there are about 5 different depts, and south you have richardson, mesquite, & garland among others So none of the other depts are going to enforce this because they are smaller depts and the tax payers are paying.

A lot of texans and transplants are moving out of the city of dallas, into the suburbs. Also means a lot of DPD patrol officers will lose their jobs too because of it. Its a mess..

Another thing is, I live in downtown Plano, and the cops there are like roaches, atleast three or 4 on every block 24-7 and they will pull you over for the slightest shyt, plano is not even that big but its EXTREMLEY affluent so the city can pay these cops one of the highest per capita in the nation when its not even needed.

Its always about money, what the DPD is doing is the equivalent of Walmart replacing real people with a bunch of self checkout machines. You know people will shoplift, etc.. But as long as they dont burn the store down, its fine...

Last edited:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Dallas - 252 +14 Justifiable-Negligent - 19.8/100K
Fort Worth - 112 - 12.3/100K
Arlington - 25 - 6.2/100K
Plano - 1 - 0.3/100K
Garland - 10 - 4.1/100K
Irving - 4 - 1.6/100K
Frisco - 0
McKinney - 4 - 2.0/100K
Grand Prairie - 12 - 6.1/100K
Denton - 6 - 4.2/100K
Mesquite - 13 - 9.2/100K
Carrollton - 2 - 1.4/100K (The police website says 0, but a quick news search shows at least 2)
Richardson - 7 - 5.6/100K
Lewisville - 5 - 4.5/100K
Allen - 1 - 0.9/100K

Saw this somewhere else

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Is Frisco really a dope place to live? How does it compare to a place like Desoto or cedar hill