The Official CORMEDIX (CRMD)thread (run up to FDA approval has begun )

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Why would Gilead buy Amarin?
The lowdown is that Gilead is attempting to develop a top shelf combination treatment for NASH. By doing so, the biotech would be able to leap frog the first-generation of monotherapies set to hit the market as soon as 2020. And it might even be able to establish a competitive moat against the army of big pharmas and big biotechs racing to bring their own combo NASH treatments to market. Vascepa could be Gilead's ticket to unlocking the wide-open $65 billion NASH market.

Why might Vascepa be the missing ingredient in Gilead's NASH quest? Back in April, Gilead unleashed some promising data for the doublet therapy of cilofexor and firsocostat in NASH patients at the International Liver Congress. The drawback was that some of the patients evaluated in the trial exhibited a severe spike in triglyceride levels -- a known side-effect of firsocostat. Presumably, Gilead decided to add a Vascepa arm to explore the drug's ability to combat this potentially serious side effect.

What's more, Vascepa might also provide an all-important cardioprotective benefit in this at-risk patient population. And this second clinical benefit could be a game-changer for the therapy from a commercial standpoint. There is a well-established link between NASH and cardiovascular disease, after all.

What's the key takeaway? While this clinical trial news might turn out to be a big, fat nothingburger, it may also be the first sign that Gilead is considering an Amarin partnership, or perhaps a full-on buyout. The fact is that Gilead is one of the few biopharmas that could buy Amarin in cash without batting an eye. Moreover, Vascepa's potential dual purpose as an add-on to statin-therapy in patients with cardiovascular disease, and as part of a top-selling NASH cocktail, easily justifies the premium a buyout would entail.

Does Amarin Have a Dark Horse Suitor? | The Motley Fool

Hopefully the bolded means what most of us are thinking. The price tag on AMRN is HUGE.
:ohhh:Just saw this on my Google feed. I still stand by my belief that it's not a matter of IF, it's more of WHEN they will be bought out by big pharma.

Easy money :myman:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
yes sir!

Been rumors floating round since the adcom vote that a deal has been in place based on how broad the label we get granted is.

Well see tho, just buying and waiting....

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
I sold HEPA too early last week. Didn't expect a run like this on "No news" this week. when the 28 day study comes out that's really gonna send it flying
Damn bro you sold at the first bump that made me buy more. I didn't even know a study was about to come out :ohhh:

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Damn bro you sold at the first bump that made me buy more. I didn't even know a study was about to come out :ohhh:
I have bad timing with HEPA I've had it for about four months but only cause I tried to day trade and got stuck holding the bag and I refused to sell for a loss.

I've traded it a couple times but sold everything Thursday so I can put that money elsewhere. This run was totally unexpected because it came a couple days after the news. The are in clinical trails and doing studies in rats that came out good.

They did a 28 day human study and the data should be out December or January. It's a drug for NASH which is a huge market

Tug life

Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Been doing a lot of due diligence on Acasti and I'm becoming increasingly bullish by the day. Don't know if any of you read this seeking alpha report on Acasti but it brings up some extremely good points.

Summary
  • On November 14, 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory committee voted unanimously, 16-0, in favor of an expanded Amarin's (AMRN) Vascepa label, making the Omega-3 market huge.
  • ACST Phase 3 data is imminent, and is potentially best-in-class at reducing Triglycerides, as well as showing success on secondary endpoints, that may have blockbuster potential in diabetes, cholesterol, etc.
  • ACST's drug CaPre may potentially not require an additional study, to compete against AMRN's Vascepa.
  • ACST has scarcity value, making a buyout by a company like Pfizer (PFE), for as high as $20/share possible, if the Phase 3 data shows good results in the next couple months.
  • On November 18, 2019, a study was published (link below) in association with Pfizer (PFE), showing efficacy of CaPre, and potentially tipping the hand that PFE is on the acquisition trail, in search of Lipitor Part 2 now that the Lipitor patents have expired.
  • If this is not interesting enough, the study was conducted by Dr. Andre Marette, Director of the Pfizer chair; showing that PFE is in the game

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...e?source=cnbc&_v=1&theme=1&color=1&hl=en&sp=1

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Been doing a lot of due diligence on Acasti and I'm becoming increasingly bullish by the day. Don't know if any of you read this seeking alpha report on Acasti but it brings up some extremely good points.

Summary
  • On November 14, 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration advisory committee voted unanimously, 16-0, in favor of an expanded Amarin's (AMRN) Vascepa label, making the Omega-3 market huge.
  • ACST Phase 3 data is imminent, and is potentially best-in-class at reducing Triglycerides, as well as showing success on secondary endpoints, that may have blockbuster potential in diabetes, cholesterol, etc.
  • ACST's drug CaPre may potentially not require an additional study, to compete against AMRN's Vascepa.
  • ACST has scarcity value, making a buyout by a company like Pfizer (PFE), for as high as $20/share possible, if the Phase 3 data shows good results in the next couple months.
  • On November 18, 2019, a study was published (link below) in association with Pfizer (PFE), showing efficacy of CaPre, and potentially tipping the hand that PFE is on the acquisition trail, in search of Lipitor Part 2 now that the Lipitor patents have expired.
  • If this is not interesting enough, the study was conducted by Dr. Andre Marette, Director of the Pfizer chair; showing that PFE is in the game

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...e?source=cnbc&_v=1&theme=1&color=1&hl=en&sp=1
I'm gonna have to get more shares

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Me too that's g9nna be my second largest holding after Cormedix.

We should start our own bio ETF in this thread We got

Cormedix
Amarin
Acasti
HEPA
Clovis

And add others as we go on.
Its actually my largest holding with crmd being second. I didn't get in on amarin yet but I still want to. And we should it's enough of us.