Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
After that Morrison bull $hit, they pushed Emma hard. They kicked Rogue and Storm off the main teams, despite their popularity and kept Jean dead to continue that Scott/Emma agenda. Scust.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm just happy she's no longer an X-Man. Cyke tossed her aside some time ago, so why is she still hanging around? It's not like the rest of the squad like her at all
So x-men fans: 15+ years later, how did you guys feel about Scott and Emma.... vs Scott and Jean?

Not the biggest X-Men follower but I did read Morrison's New X-Men back in 00-01'ish... so i was barely in high school when i was reading the whole "marriage counseling turned mental cheating" shenanigan subplot between Emma/Scott/Jean.

And 2 things that surprised me looking back are 1.) they really truly did / are keeping 616 Jean dead (despite throwing a couple pump fakes).
And 2.) they really stuck with this Scott/Emma pairing for a hot minute.

So question:
  1. Did yall like the Scott/Emma pairing/dynamic better than Scott/Jean?
  2. Did yall like Emma better than yall liked Jean in the role they had (head honcho female telepath)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
TW2uZX4.jpg

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So x-men fans: 15+ years later, how did you guys feel about Scott and Emma.... vs Scott and Jean?

Not the biggest X-Men follower but I did read Morrison's New X-Men back in 00-01'ish... so i was barely in high school when i was reading the whole "marriage counseling turned mental cheating" shenanigan subplot between Emma/Scott/Jean.

And 2 things that surprised me looking back are 1.) they really truly did / are keeping 616 Jean dead (despite throwing a couple pump fakes).

So question:
  2. Did yall like Emma better than yall liked Jean in the role they had (head honcho female telepath)

The relationship was fine as it read. Emma's just not a great character pairing for him. It always read that she was latched on to him, whereas Scott and Jean were soulmates. She basically was the head cheerleader that I guess it felt they had to be together, because of her status. Emma wears that crown well. She only dates bosses. But one was into the relationship waaaaay more than the other. Even in one issue, someone told Emma "he married her, he never married you." Besides, none of the other X-Men ever fukked with her and Rachel even beamed-balled her.

But when I really think about it, there's NO ONE else for Scott to have been paired with. Not Storm, not Rogue, not Psylocke (at this point), so they would've had to invent a whole new character for him.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Xmen vs Inhumans ended

Turns out nobdoy forr the xmen said the terrigan cloud was going to make the planet inhabitable for them :skip:

Not even Beast who was in their midst for a while. Can someone off Beast now....or exile him? the funny thing is, they (Inhumans) knew it was affecting mutants, so did think not deadly enough?
But leave it to Moon Girl to save the world....with slight help from Forge. I guess Moon Girl is a thing now, I just wished they'd age her up

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I should be all for genius black girls like Riri and Moon Girl but shyt comes off as forced

I really don't see them still being a thing in say 10 years

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Not even Beast who was in their midst for a while. Can someone off Beast now....or exile him? the funny thing is, they (Inhumans) knew it was affecting mutants, so did think not deadly enough?
But leave it to Moon Girl to save the world....with slight help from Forge. I guess Moon Girl is a thing now, I just wished they'd age her up
:russ: @ Moon Girl doing that shyt on the humble
Like its no big deal

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I should be all for genius black girls like Riri and Moon Girl but shyt comes off as forced

Also The New Wasp (not black but)
I personally like what theyre doing with these girls
Alot of its funny too

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

For Riri, they're definitely gonna have to give her a new colorway. But it'll be more about what they do with her once Tony comes back. Do they make her part of the Iron Man core, or let her do her own thing or place her on a team. I have no idea what they'd do with Moon Girl aside from straight market her to kids with the occasional pop-up...either that or age her to a teen....or send her to Savage Land, re-open Avengers Academy, Avengers Initiative or let her be a non-mutant X

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

So question:

Damn Jean 616 has been dead for a decade. :wow:

I liked the Cyclops Emma push. That Cyclops/Wolv/Jean triangle was played out...