Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
For Riri, they're definitely gonna have to give her a new colorway. But it'll be more about what they do with her once Tony comes back. Do they make her part of the Iron Man core, or let her do her own thing or place her on a team. I have no idea what they'd do with Moon Girl aside from straight market her to kids with the occasional pop-up...either that or age her to a teen....or send her to Savage Land, re-open Avengers Academy, Avengers Initiative or let her be a non-mutant X

Moon Girl is going to pop up in one of them cartoons sooner than later. They can market her character to both girls (Moon Girl) and boys (Devil Dinosaur) at the same time so they will.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
So x-men fans: 15+ years later, how did you guys feel about Scott and Emma.... vs Scott and Jean?

Not the biggest X-Men follower but I did read Morrison's New X-Men back in 00-01'ish... so i was barely in high school when i was reading the whole "marriage counseling turned mental cheating" shenanigan subplot between Emma/Scott/Jean.

And 2 things that surprised me looking back are 1.) they really truly did / are keeping 616 Jean dead (despite throwing a couple pump fakes).
And 2.) they really stuck with this Scott/Emma pairing for a hot minute.

So question:
  1. Did yall like the Scott/Emma pairing/dynamic better than Scott/Jean?
  2. Did yall like Emma better than yall liked Jean in the role they had (head honcho female telepath)

Emma/Cyke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cyke/Jean

And yes Emma was a better character as well.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:ohhh: Just seen someone in the x forums at CBR complaining about the new Astonishing X Men team, saying "is it oochie wally wally or is it one mic"? in response to complaints about the groups members.

:wow: Brehs is out here in these comic book streets.
And I bet 99% of the geeks were like :dwillhuh:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For anyone that's read the Sandman series, can I start with Overture or should I go with the original volume 1 and read Overture after I finish the rest of the series for added context?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
So x-men fans: 15+ years later, how did you guys feel about Scott and Emma.... vs Scott and Jean?

Not the biggest X-Men follower but I did read Morrison's New X-Men back in 00-01'ish... so i was barely in high school when i was reading the whole "marriage counseling turned mental cheating" shenanigan subplot between Emma/Scott/Jean.

And 2 things that surprised me looking back are 1.) they really truly did / are keeping 616 Jean dead (despite throwing a couple pump fakes).
And 2.) they really stuck with this Scott/Emma pairing for a hot minute.

So question:
  1. Did yall like the Scott/Emma pairing/dynamic better than Scott/Jean?
  2. Did yall like Emma better than yall liked Jean in the role they had (head honcho female telepath)
Around the time Morrison started writing the X-books in 2001 I had stopped reading comics. I would pick up a few issues here and there (mainly Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate X-Men and a few others) but I mostly kept up with stuff through wikipedia. I didn't really start reading more regularly until 2012 after the Avengers came out and they were doing Avengers vs X-Men crossover. Anyways I didn't like his work on the X-Men. I didn't like when they ditched the colorful costumes and switched to the leather jackets, I didn't like Quietly(sp?) artwork. I didn't like Xavier outing himself out as a mutant. I didn't like that Xavier had some evil twin sister. I didn't like the sudden explosion in the amount of mutants on the planet. I'm in the minority but I don't like Morrison's work. I did find Scott getting with Emma intriguing and it freshened things up for Cyclops. I liked the fact that you had a former villain like Emma join the team but still had some shadiness to her and still wasn't trusted by people, especially Kitty. I never liked the fact that they brought Jean back in the 80s to form the original X-Factor. To me it cheapened the Death of Jean/Dark Phoenix Saga that Claremont/Byrne did. I want Jean Grey to stay dead. I want teen Jean, along with the other O-5, to go back to their time.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

There really shouldn't be anymore complaints... - Page 2

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DavidMunroe
What's there to be ecstatic about? This is one of the most uninspired X-Rosters I've ever seen. It's a random hodgepodge of unaccounted for X-Men characters + plus OML and Fantomex, and it looks like they've been put together for the sake of putting them together (and placating malcontent fans). At least with Blue and Gold, there's a sense of team cohesiveness. And Soule's an average at best writer. All of this looks really average, almost boring.

First everyone was mad at the non diverse and the non gender balance of Blue & Gold + Fan Favorites gone.

Now they give us just that and it's still a problem?

Come on fam is Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?