Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Depends? If it's Ultimate Cloak and Dagger. fukk Yeah I'm copping:feedme:

But normal old school cloak and dagger.:francis:. I'm good B.
:salute:

They're going to be based on the Ultimate version, b/c they're actually going to make them a couple. Cloak gon me be more than a rudderless simp

616 C&D are much better than the ultimate versions

I disagree homie. I wouldn't say much better but i preferred what Bendis did with the Ultimates version

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They have a lot more depth to them and interesting stories. Bendis just saw them as a male and female duo that should be hooking up for some reason.

The only thing the UU version has on them is better costumes.
I gotta disagree. Most of the old cloak and dagger stuff I saw was alway cliches. They either got thier powers switched. One of them lost powers or had some personal business to handle. Or they would get separated and spend a while trying to find each other. The entire time they were also just almost together, which was weird. Cloak was Finn from star wars before he was a thing.
:salute:

They're going to be based on the Ultimate version, b/c they're actually going to make them a couple. Cloak gon me be more than a rudderless simp

I disagree homie. I wouldn't say much better but i preferred what Bendis did with the Ultimates version
I will cop these then.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I gotta disagree. Most of the old cloak and dagger stuff I saw was alway cliches. They either got thier powers switched. One of them lost powers or had some personal business to handle. Or they would get separated and spend a while trying to find each other. The entire time they were also just almost together, which was weird. Cloak was Finn from star wars before he was a thing.
I will cop these then.
Lol what Cliches?

Those books were timely when they were coming out in the 80's. Again what makes the UU versions any better when they don't even have any stories?

Y'all are acting like the Cloak thing was one way like Dagger wasn't into Cloak also. It was always one was into the other when the other isn't into them like that.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They have a lot more depth to them and interesting stories. Bendis just saw them as a male and female duo that should be hooking up for some reason.

The only thing the UU version has on them is better costumes.
In any universe they would be hooking up considering they can never separate and suffered the same trauma together. But in the 616 they are just friends. That is just as dumb when we found out Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy never had sex. :why:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I will cop these then.
Wait my bad breh

I meant the tv show will be based on the Ultimate version.

I don't know about the comics :whoa:
they haven't announced a book yet, i'm just sayin they more than likely will... and that Marvel might half-ass it with shytty art... but outside of that, i dunno if they'll keep things same ol same ol or not

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Lol what Cliches?

Those books were timely when they were coming out in the 80's. Again what makes the UU versions any better when they don't even have any stories?

Y'all are acting like the Cloak thing was one way like Dagger wasn't into Cloak also. It was always one was into the other when the other isn't into them like that.
They either got thier powers switched. One of them lost powers or had some personal business to handle. Or they would get separated and spend a while trying to find each other. The entire time they were also just almost together, which was weird.

These cliches. And it's not the 80s anymore breh. Yes those stories were good for the time. But it's time to try something new. The UU versions just fit better for the modern era and setting.

Wait my bad breh

I meant the tv show will be based on the Ultimate version.

I don't know about the comics :whoa:
they haven't announced a book yet, i'm just sayin they more than likely will... and that Marvel might half-ass it with shytty art... but outside of that, i dunno if they'll keep things same ol same ol or not
I will watch the first few episodes on freeform. I'm expecting it to be real soapy. I don't know why marvel didn't move uu cloak and dagger. Or Mach 2 for uu X-Men still confuses me

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old head/Traditionalist Rant: I HATE seeing gay shyt in comics. fukking hate it. Apollo was one of my fave characters but the gay shyt fukked with me. It's like there are signs of it in all the major books now. Which is why I've pretty much stopped reading them. And don't get me started on the feminist bullshyt. All these new females leads. It's like the big two are using the gay and the feminine shyt as a gimmick to lure more readers. Well they can have that bullshyt.
End rant.
Huh ? Apollo and midnighter been gay since the 90s . Be mad at books like young avengers and iceman being gay suddenly

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
young avengers turned gay so quickly. im suprised they didnt get patriot mixed up in all that
I don't get mad about gay characters but don't pander. I like hulking and Wiccan but they weren't the most interesting characters in any YA run patriot Katie ironlad stature all more interesting.
They did him just as bad making him a bytch sitting at home

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I don't get mad about gay characters but don't pander. I like hulking and Wiccan but they weren't the most interesting characters in any YA run patriot Katie ironlad stature all more interesting.
They did him just as bad making him a bytch sitting at home

and they wont touch him anymore for some reason. like hes benched for real

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What they did to patriot still pisses me off.

I'm not saying it's right but I actually still hold a grudge against Hulking and Wiccan just off of that shyt. Patriot was the leader of YA and his budding romance with Hawkeye/Kate Bishop was a nice on-going subplot... but they completely scrapped Patriot's development to put a focus on the gay couple as the prominent focus of the book.. which wouldn't have aggravated me as much if they didn't then completely shyt on Eli, dead his relationship with Kate unceremoniously, castrate him with "guilt" over Wanda, before then completely throwing him to the bushes by having him "quit" the team, with all his friends then just moving on without him. And he's been shelved ever since.

For a time I was irate. Haven't bought a book with any of those characters since.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
What they did to patriot still pisses me off.

I'm not saying it's right but I actually still hold a grudge against Hulking and Wiccan just off of that shyt. Patriot was the leader of YA and his budding romance with Hawkeye/Kate Bishop was a nice on-going subplot... but they completely scrapped Patriot's development to put a focus on the gay couple as the prominent focus of the book.. which wouldn't have aggravated me as much if they didn't then completely shyt on Eli, dead his relationship with Kate unceremoniously, castrate him with "guilt" over Wanda, before then completely throwing him to the bushes by having him "quit" the team, with all his friends then just moving on without him. And he's been shelved ever since.

For a time I was irate. Haven't bought a book with any of those characters since.

i feel you. i hate when certain characters get tossed to the wind, and the world just moves on like they werent there