Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yea I remember them saying they had plans for Patriot too and shyt never panned out. Like they were waiting for the main Young Avengers writer to come back, but dude dragged his feet.

Also hated when they put him on that drug shyt.. like really :francis:

so I'm alright with him being benched.. that last YA run was too gay.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What they did to patriot still pisses me off.

I'm not saying it's right but I actually still hold a grudge against Hulking and Wiccan just off of that shyt. Patriot was the leader of YA and his budding romance with Hawkeye/Kate Bishop was a nice on-going subplot... but they completely scrapped Patriot's development to put a focus on the gay couple as the prominent focus of the book.. which wouldn't have aggravated me as much if they didn't then completely shyt on Eli, dead his relationship with Kate unceremoniously, castrate him with "guilt" over Wanda, before then completely throwing him to the bushes by having him "quit" the team, with all his friends then just moving on without him. And he's been shelved ever since.

For a time I was irate. Haven't bought a book with any of those characters since.
If they had given a real reason why he wasn't on the team or at least a cameo I could of lived with that . I wonder if they started discussion about sam becoming cap and being in the winter soldier movie and they were like :yeshrug: can't have too much color in cap

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I remember them saying they had plans for Patriot too and shyt never panned out. Like they were waiting for the main Young Avengers writer to come back, but dude dragged his feet.

Also hated when they put him on that drug shyt.. like really :francis:

so I'm alright with him being benched.. that last YA run was too gay.
Young Loki was the man . Everything else was meh , maybe Marvell but other then that nah nah

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If they had given a real reason why he wasn't on the team or at least a cameo I could of lived with that . I wonder if they started discussion about sam becoming cap and being in the winter soldier movie and they were like :yeshrug: can't have too much color in cap
I think they just got uncomfortable with what Eli and Isaiah represented to the Captain America mytho, especially as the mytho was becoming more mainstream with the movies. Probably felt it was a bad look (:mjpls:) for an otherwise fairy tale patriotic origin.. hence the hit job and shelving.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Y'all said Nighthawk was good:beli:

JMS's version >>>

I don't think I like David Walker's writing
I made a long post here a bit ago detailing the difference between JMS's Nighthawk and Walker's.

JMS's version is far superior.

i need to read Walkers run on the Shaft series bc he had a lot of hype off that but i havent been impressed with his Cyborg, P&I or NH

parallax

Superstar
Daps

except for buck and usAgent, like all of caps legacy is black/latino. like there are no white captain americas after him.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Huh ? Apollo and midnighter been gay since the 90s . Be mad at books like young avengers and iceman being gay suddenly
Yeah that's what I was mainly talking about. I don't like the openly gay shyt in the Apollo book. Makes me view him differently now. I also hate the anime look of some of the new books. Like that Starbrand and Nightmask book. shyt could been sick af if it was done standard comic style. Guess I'm just too old school when it comes to comic books.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Steve Rogers just might be THE villain of 2017.

That speech he gave comatose Iron Man and plus the fact that he is the director of SHIELD now.......

:sadcam:

Marvel U is in TROUBLE