Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Just copped Scott Snyder's Batman: Black Mirror on Comixology. I haven't read a comic in a while but i got recommended this

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm:Can anyone help me out with Deadpool?

I've been reading the hardcover trades that have been coming out for Posehn and Duggan's run. I've read through the 4th book which goes all the way up to issue 45 and now I don't know where to go.

Don't really know what happened with the whole
Deadpool killing his own family with Sabretooths involvement

Does this get addressed in any of the recent issues? And where should I go from here? Not sure if it just picks up with Deadpool in the All New All Different realm or what:yeshrug:. I'd like to find the next available hardcover but am having trouble finding what that should be :leostare:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Funny that a Sam Wilson dressed as Captain America book dealing incessantly with white racism and written by a failed white politician... would turn out to be the hands-down better read over a Black Panther book taking place in an "advanced" African kingdom and written by a supposedly "woke" African-American writer.

Funny but disappointing at the same time :francis:

I mean... what are your issues and what would you like done differently?:dwillhuh:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
For me, Coates' BP has been insanely flat. Its a beautiful book due to Stelfreeze's art but the book itself is just a meandering, navel gazing borefest.
this the pacing is bad and Coates needs to lose the feminist elements out.

One issue of WoW was bascially a date between the two Dora's one go to New York for no reason.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
this the pacing is bad and Coates needs to lose the feminist elements out.

One issue of WoW was bascially a date between the two Dora's one go to New York for no reason.

Seriously? I'm glad I skipped that one. Coates needs comicbook writing classes

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Seriously? I'm glad I skipped that one. Coates needs comicbook writing classes
I legitimately think he's building towards something, I'm just afraid it's not gonna pay off til Issue 30 :mindblown:.

They legit had to take a break from a story arc, told an arc for an issue or two, then went back to the story.

He needs to cut some of the fat. I don't even mind the Girl Power stuff, but, we get it; they don't trust T'Challa's judgement. We don't need 4 issues exactly it.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Fellas, how long before Marvel announces a Cloak and Dagger ongoing series with shytty art to coincide with Ty's new tv show? :lupe:

And will we support Ty?

Yall made Miles go platnium, Riri platinium, Cage top 5 Netflix all time, and BP triple platnium (kindly stop supporting that shyt now tho, thanks). Yall answered the call every single time :ohlawd:but still I ask more of you, will we support Ty? :damn:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Funny that a Sam Wilson dressed as Captain America book dealing incessantly with white racism and written by a failed white politician... would turn out to be the hands-down better read over a Black Panther book taking place in an "advanced" African kingdom and written by a supposedly "woke" African-American writer.

Funny but disappointing at the same time :francis:

How on point is Sam Wilson's Captain America?

teacher

All Star
Daps
How on point is Sam Wilson's Captain America?

I recommend it if you like racial issues being tackled in general, Sam is trying to play both sides obviously since he was Steve Rogers sidekick...but I've been doing my night hawk research...just finished reading supreme power night hawk and have some of the other squadron supreme w/ nighthawk besides his recent solo that got canceled :francis:. I haven't read all the squadron supreme stuff but with what I have read (civil II stuff) and his solo stuff he is the realest nicca since kumbaya...:wow: What's his backstory though I know he's basically a black batman with a racial social injustice angle :patrice:

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been out of the loop on Marvel since Secret Wars ended outside of a few issues of Soule's Daredevil run. Honestly everything sounds awful and like they're leaning VERY hard on the fukkery button. As well as using diversity more as a gimmick than in an organic way. I'd like to get back in, but i'm apprehensive. What would you guys say is worth the read?

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally catching up to my back log of books, some quick thoughts.

I'm really surprised by action comics. I've never been a superman fan but the book continues to be good.

Aquaman, both green lantern titles and Flash have all been consistent reads.

Batman and Justice League are incredibly average at best.

Nighthawk has been great but I'm not surprised it was cancelled. Black super hero beating up crooked white cops and white supremacists......yea that'll last long.

Uncanny Avengers has been good but I kinda irked me that Red Skull has had Xavier's brain all this time and the X-Men and Avengers couldn't be bothered to care.

Sam Wilson Cap has also been an excellent read. The way real world racial issues have been seemlessly integrated into the storylines is refreshing.

Uncanny X-Men is the only x book worth reading by a country mile. Why does it seem like Magneto cares more about mutants that the majority of the X-Men?

The biggest disappointment has to be Black Panther. It's a chore trying to read this and I'm very close to dropping it.