Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

DMR

Killa
Daps
Apparently X Factor writer Peter David had a stroke. That's one of the books I respect the most. Sad thing to hear about this close to the New Year's. His last 8 issues had been very strong work and he was taking the lead as the best writer in the X franchise with Gillen being on the Avengers side of the world.

:to:

hope he wont quit writing

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Apparently X Factor writer Peter David had a stroke. That's one of the books I respect the most. Sad thing to hear about this close to the New Year's. His last 8 issues had been very strong work and he was taking the lead as the best writer in the X franchise with Gillen being on the Avengers side of the world.

One of the GOAT Marvel writers. I hope he gets well.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Beast is getting a new look in All New X-Men #5 :
No more big kitty cat, looks like they are going back to the more ape-like version
nuoldbeast.jpg

lease he not a feline anymore :manny:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
wait until you get to when he fights Barracuda. :dead:

I just started that series. I skipped a new years party for this, thankfully. This Punisher is so much more goat then then all this super powered cosmic crap. SO much more realistic and visceral. Well outside of Punisher never getting killed but hey its good that the good guys win. :shaq:

2 bad theres no 1 shot torrent for Dr. Strange. Got every ghost rider, iron man, spiderman, surfer, wolverine, punisher, marvel event chronology comic ever made but i guess ill have to put in the world to get these strange joints in chunks.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
O man man. Barracuda seemed like he had an inkling of a heart in his own series. This man right here, so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Beast is another character they ruined like Spider-Man. He is pretty much Samuel L. Jackson's character in Django Unchained at this point.

The worst thing that ever happened to the Beast was moving him back to the X-Men books...he became a much better character as part of the Avengers and that is where he should have stayed.
All that happened when he went back to the X-Men was that all of the constant Emo, p*ssy ass whining that made up 98% of every fukking X-character for the majority of the past 20 some odd years was transferred to him and the happy-go-lucky, wisecracking, genius/adventurer Avengers Beast became just another woe is me boring fukktard with an X on his belt buckle.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity

Peter David wrote for the hulk back in the day if i'm not mistaken.
i really enjoyed his writing.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
I just started that series. I skipped a new years party for this, thankfully. This Punisher is so much more goat then then all this super powered cosmic crap. SO much more realistic and visceral. Well outside of Punisher never getting killed but hey its good that the good guys win. :shaq:

:rudy: The cosmic/super-power stuff is more believable than a crazy war vet kicking in doors and bodying hundreds of dudes and going to war with gangs and organized crime syndicates for years and never getting touched to me.

When dealing with cosmic and superpower stuff you already suspend the laws of physics because it's understood to be fantastic science fiction. It's harder for me to accept people who are just athletes and fighters beating up and subduing hundreds of ninjas with swords and hitmen armed with machines guns. That's why I don't really fukk with those street level books.