Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Okay brehs. About a month ago I said I wanted to get into comic books and didn't really know where to starts, so I asked around here and did some research on some stuff. I'm not a solo comic type of dude, but I think I managed to build up a decent starter collection of graphic novels. I'm a Batman fan, I wanted to get more into Black Panther, I want to read highly regarded stories regardless of the superhero,and I want to support independent black artists. So that was my primary criteria. For the most part I focused on quality and reputation, but I sometimes was so intrigued by a concept that I dove in regardless of whether or not I heard reviews. Note that I have not read a single one of these stories and more or less know nothing about them other than basic premise.

Here's a pic and list of my stuff.

http://i65.tinypic.com/msk67a.jpg
1. Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Volume 1
2. Black Panther: A nation Under Our Feet Volume 2
3. Batman: The Long Halloween
4. Batman: Black & White
5. Batman: Hush
6. Batman Rebirth Volume 1: I Am Gotham (wanted to get into a Batman series that is new)
7. Robin War (an all out war starring all the Robins just seemed mad cool to me)
8. Superman Rebirth Volume 1: Son of Superman (I am not a big Superman guy, but I heard this comic is a must read so yeah)
9. Superman: Red Son (Way too cool of a concept to pass up)
10. Kingdom Come (heard it's arguably one of the best graphic novels ever)
11. The Omega Men (Know nothing about them, but heard it's highly underrated)
12. Concrete Park Volume 1 (gotta support my black artists and this was written by Erika Alexander aka Maxine from Living Single and her husband)
13. Paper Girls Volume 1
14. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Volume 1 (my childhood brehs)

On my to get list

1. Volume 2 of anything in the picture above that I liked and want to continue (Concrete Park was FIRE)
2. Old Man Logan
3. Detective Comics Rebirth
4. All Star Batman Rebirth
5. Lex Luthor: Man of Steel
6. Justice League vs. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (:banderas:)
7. Batman Year 100
8. Legend of Mantamaji

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Okay brehs. About a month ago I said I wanted to get into comic books and didn't really know where to starts, so I asked around here and did some research on some stuff. I'm not a solo comic type of dude, but I think I managed to build up a decent starter collection of graphic novels. I'm a Batman fan, I wanted to get more into Black Panther, I want to read highly regarded stories regardless of the superhero,and I want to support independent black artists. So that was my primary criteria. For the most part I focused on quality and reputation, but I sometimes was so intrigued by a concept that I dove in regardless of whether or not I heard reviews. Note that I have not read a single one of these stories and more or less know nothing about them other than basic premise.

6. Batman Rebirth Volume 1: I Am Gotham (wanted to get into a Batman series that is new)
7. Robin War (an all out war starring all the Robins just seemed mad cool to me)
8. Superman Rebirth Volume 1: Son of Superman (I am not a big Superman guy, but I heard this comic is a must read so yeah)
12. Concrete Park Volume 1 (gotta support my black artists and this was written by Erika Alexander aka Maxine from Living Single and her husband)
13. Paper Girls Volume 1

On my to get list

1. Volume 2 of anything in the picture above that I liked and want to continue (Concrete Park was FIRE)
2. Old Man Logan
7. Batman Year 100
8. Legend of Mantamaji
Get the Priest Black Panther. It's much better than the Coates stuff

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

13. Paper Girls Volume 1

On my to get list

2. Old Man Logan
7. Batman Year 100
8. Legend of Mantamaji

Saga volume 1-6 you won't be disappointed. DOOMWAR is a good Black Panther story, one of the best.

Watchmen.
If you like X-MEN the whole 150-200 run of Uncanny is some of the best non-event run in comic history. I'm sure there is a trade of Claremont's stuff from there.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ok
After Maximus' fukkery
Im interested in this Inhumans vs Mutants shyt

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Why are they acting like star lord is a idiot or young nova . I don't like that characterization
He's always been kinda silly to me from jump
But yeah, you can see now theyre overdoing it
Still pretty entertaining tho

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Saga volume 1-6 you won't be disappointed. DOOMWAR is a good Black Panther story, one of the best.

Watchmen.
If you like X-MEN the whole 150-200 run of Uncanny is some of the best non-event run in comic history. I'm sure there is a trade of Claremont's stuff from there.
GOAT run.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Watchmen.

Thanks for the Saga suggestion.

What graphic novel*s) would i need to obtain to get that 150-200 run for x-men?

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for the Saga suggestion.

What graphic novel*s) would i need to obtain to get that 150-200 run for x-men?

I just started looking into that myself and it seems Omnibus is the way to go. I have never owned one myself, the X-Men Civil War HC tie-in is the biggest book I own.

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC Vol 02 New Ptg

This is for the 132-153 run. Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, Magneto's island, really good stories.

Plan to use some of my tax return on vol 1, 2, 3. They run for $100 a piece over here.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
10414886_10100586108122132_4891666896956736199_n.jpg

16114791_10101181711652882_2912702000580150512_n.jpg

16142514_10101181711692802_6292499229905941098_n.jpg

16195980_10101181711962262_2917469549019464427_n.jpg

New Falcon calling out Sam for c00nin'

I love this sam wilson captain america book :wow:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Funny that a Sam Wilson dressed as Captain America book dealing incessantly with white racism and written by a failed white politician... would turn out to be the hands-down better read over a Black Panther book taking place in an "advanced" African kingdom and written by a supposedly "woke" African-American writer.

Funny but disappointing at the same time :francis: