Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Sunspot and cannonball joining the avengers is like......living in the projects being with the black panthers to moving to the suburbs and working for the FBI

Ya know what man... As a long time comic book reader and X-Fan, I have to say when it comes to Wolverine, Beast and the portion of X-characters siding with the Avengers, these cats made a business decision.

Except Wolverine, who is now getting written as someone with Cap/Iron man level credibility on Avenger matters, all the X-characters were going to be subjugated to whatever L Cyclops was getting. They puttin the X-books on the backburner and you can either stay loyal and end up with a cameo role @ Logan's school or put that A on and get a feature in a top line book.

It sucks that the Marvel Universe is turning into the music industry but it is what it is... :wow:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Ya know what man... As a long time comic book reader and X-Fan, I have to say when it comes to Wolverine, Beast and the portion of X-characters siding with the Avengers, these cats made a business decision.

Except Wolverine, who is now getting written as someone with Cap/Iron man level credibility on Avenger matters, all the X-characters were going to be subjugated to whatever L Cyclops was getting. They puttin the X-books on the backburner and you can either stay loyal and end up with a cameo role @ Logan's school or put that A on and get a feature in a top line book.

It sucks that the Marvel Universe is turning into the music industry but it is what it is... :wow:

more money in the avengers then in the x-men. Until they can get those movie rights back. :noah:

then you will see some x-men love like it was in the 90's

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
They werent outselling Uncanny X Men all year...Avengers v X Men outsold everything in comics

:ld:

Avengers was wrapping up but they were outselling uncanny x-men in 2011 and 2010 and most of the 2000's

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah until Gillen took over and Uncanny Avengers which is promoted as an Avengers/X men collabo book outsold everyone.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
The Avengers dont outsell the X books though..well they didnt before the relaunch.

Correct. R=G is 100% right here.

The X-Books had been Marvels biggest selling titles since the 90s, its why they added so many X-titles because just being affiliated with them was enough to have a good selling book. Around the 2000s Marvel made an executive decision to put the spotlight on the Avengers and had to take it away from the X-titles to do so.

I never saw the point of it, why not push BOTH together, but that seems a bit over Marvel's head these days... :rudy:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
After Morrison's run, they pushed Bendis' New Avengers really hard and that sold when they put Spider Man and Wolverine on the team and sabotaged Scarlet Witch in one fell swoop. That was all back in 2004 and 2005.

DMR

Killa
Daps
I bet that they will put Wolverine and Spider-Man in Avengers 2 movie.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow how could Dan slott come up with that ending] ??? I mean did he really think that was a good ending :scusthov: I mean after doing a good job who thought this was a suitable ending . And how's that Even going to work ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet that they will put Wolverine and Spider-Man in Avengers 2 movie.

No they won't . They don't have the rights breh so no @R=G was that really his choice to write that ending for spidey? Please tell me that was some editorial decision

Last edited by a moderator: