Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They are cooler than the Inhumans to you. But--I say this with all due respect and no offense intended--this isn't about you. Or me, for that matter.

My point is, those same kids that will see the Inhumans in the movies, tv shows, cartoons, games, and so on...some of them will eventually read comics too.

Same thing happened to the X-Men. A lot of fans today got into them via the cartoons, games, movies, etc. From there, some of those folks eventually began reading the comics.

Besides, the big money for properties isn't really comics these day, its everything else. Especially the movies. The Inhumans don't have to be real big in the comic book world to be successful. What will matter is everything else outside of that, especially the big time stuff (movies, shows, cartoons, big name video games, etc).

You may not like the Inhumans, but Marvel is thinking long term on this one. They own the Inhumans property entirely. Why would they not push that, instead of pushing a property that they don't own entirely? Then you consider that Marvel and Fox's relationship as far as the movie rights are concerned hasn't changed and won't change anytime soon, so no Sony deal on the way either.

Dude I see what you're saying... I just don't see this shyt happening. :yeshrug:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Just finished issues 7-12 of vision :wow:...vin, Virginia :to: Avenger CaCs :francis:

but on a side note they should of left BP out of the stop Vision squad...Vision wasn't going to fukk with Wakanda and T'challa would of had plan A-Z to body this nicca come on, how he get stole on so easy :martin:

I fukks with vision though brother from another CPU :lolbron:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The next generation(s) of Marvel fans will be about the inhumans, just like the previous generations of Marvel fans were about X-Men once the mutants they got their decades-long push of their own. X-Men weren't poppin like that when they first got out.

It's now a matter of when, not if. There is a precedent for this.:manny:

:mjlol: ain't no claremont multicultural succeed in the 70's revamp gonna save the inhumans.

At the most they'll either

a. Throw Bendis on the shyt with Stuart Immomen on art and also ghostwriting

b. Throw Gillen on writing with McKelvie on art (if they cut that check) and make them all gay teenage swingers.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Nah Robbie Reyes it was supposed to drop today

detail.jpg

it was wack.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The next generation(s) of Marvel fans will be about the inhumans, just like the previous generations of Marvel fans were about X-Men once the mutants they got their decades-long push of their own. X-Men weren't poppin like that when they first got out.

It's now a matter of when, not if. There is a precedent for this.:manny:
I doubt that will be the case.
The X-Men was a low selling, middle of the road comics franchise until Marvel struck gold (completely by accident) with Giant Sized X-Men and the team of Claremont/Cockrum and then Claremont/Byrne.
X-Men's popularity was totally organic and driven by comic book readers falling in love with what Claremont was doing with the book and its characters.
All this stuff with The Inhumans is editorial driven by Marvel and they are trying to force feed these characters to fans despite all responses to them being lukewarm at best. You can't editorially mandate popularity.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

parallax

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: ain't no claremont multicultural succeed in the 70's revamp gonna save the inhumans.

At the most they'll either

a. Throw Bendis on the shyt with Stuart Immomen on art and also ghostwriting

b. Throw Gillen on writing with McKelvie on art (if they cut that check) and make them all gay teenage swingers.

jesus christ. the sad this is i believe this. i dont think the "talent" is capable of making the inhumans work. marvel needs to start poaching dc talent, or look elsewhere beyond the old tired ass dudes writing now.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm less interested in what can be done with the Inhumans Royal Family and more interested in what Marvel does with Cloak and Dagger, and Blade. You don't need a direct x-men replacement, as the Avengers themselves have taken that seat as Marvel's most popular team brand.

And if Marvel is smart (which they aren't always) they'll make "Defenders" with Daredevil/Cage/IF/Jessica/Elektra/Punisher/Misty as their second tier team brand that deals with the more street to mid-level threats. Avengers and Defenders should be their top two.

At that point you have misc characters like Ty and Tandy, who just need to evolve from the same tired shtick of the last.. 30 years? They can be more than Spider-man's occasional side kicks when they aren't hiding in Gothic churches or brooding about whatever they be brooding about.

I don't need to go into detail about Blade.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
weaponx.jpg

FINALLY, an interesting X-Lineup (except for Old Man Logan)
Greg Pak And Greg Land Launch 'Weapon X' Team Book

Greg Pak and Rucka are extremely average writers but get a lot of praise. Rick's WW is terribly bland right now.

Greg Land always seems to be working on the best X books, so maybe this will be it. Lineup is redundant though.

Marvel needs to put some money in Jeff Parker's pocket to write some X books.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
It won't be easy, but they have the time and money to make it happen. Not to mention some creative decisions here and there might help bring the Inhumans to the next level, whether it be in comics, shows, movies, or elsewhere.

Again, we may have trouble finding the appeal about them, especially Black Bolt, but isn't about us like that. It's all about the next generation of fans. Our biases are well-established at this point. Can't say the same for a lot of the potential new fans out there.

There is also another problem. They don't have any classic stories in their catalogue readers who are excited about a character or team dives into their past to read more.

They've always been relegated to isolation or heavily reliant on Terrigen Mists. They aren't even a united group, it's mostly Bolt out on his own with Medusa explaining his feelings as that dog sits in the background.

I'm hard pressed to even think of what their powers are. They are cardboard flat in terms of personality. Past collections wouldn't even reflect new personalities they receive from new writers.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Greg Pak and Rucka are extremely average writers but get a lot of praise. Rick's WW is terribly bland right now.

Greg Land always seems to be working on the best X books, so maybe this will be it. Lineup is redundant though.

Rucka keeps it simple, but it's enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of is, but I like his stuff.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

:ohhh:

shyt I think you're right about that.. :wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I'm less interested in what can be done with the Inhumans Royal Family and more interested in what Marvel does with Cloak and Dagger, and Blade. You don't need a direct x-men replacement, as the Avengers themselves have taken that seat as Marvel's most popular team brand.

And if Marvel is smart (which they aren't always) they'll make "Defenders" with Daredevil/Cage/IF/Jessica/Elektra/Punisher/Misty as their second tier team brand that deals with the more street to mid-level threats. Avengers and Defenders should be their top two.

At that point you have misc characters like Ty and Tandy, who just need to evolve from the same tired shtick of the last.. 30 years? They can be more than Spider-man's occasional side kicks when they aren't hiding in Gothic churches or brooding about whatever they be brooding about.

I don't need to go into detail about Blade.

You a Cloak and Dagger fan breh :skip:

I dunno... main reason it seems to me like those two were created was just to be a interracial couple. Which isn't a big deal anymore.

Their powers shoulda stayed switched tho