Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The next generation(s) of Marvel fans will be about the inhumans, just like the previous generations of Marvel fans were about X-Men once the mutants they got their decades-long push of their own. X-Men weren't poppin like that when they first got out.

It's now a matter of when, not if. There is a precedent for this.:manny:

The inhumans would need a writer like Claremont to be on long term.

Which ain't happenin in this day n age :skip:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The inhumans would need a writer like Claremont to be on long term.

Which ain't happenin in this day n age :skip:

This ain't about just the comics. We talking about the comics, movies, TV shows, merch, cartoons, video games...the whole nine.

A lot of X-Men fans became fans after the cartoons, for example. If the Inhumans get something like that, in addition to everything else, they are set.

Disney/Marvel can make that happen with the right push.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
weaponx.jpg

FINALLY, an interesting X-Lineup (except for Old Man Logan)
Greg Pak And Greg Land Launch 'Weapon X' Team Book

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This ain't about just the comics. We talking about the comics, movies, TV shows, merch, cartoons, video games...the whole nine.

A lot of X-Men fans became fans after the cartoons, for example. If the Inhumans get something like that, in addition to everything else, they are set.

Sure with the right push... but their gonna need some inhumans with better powers. Most of em are lame.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I don't know. I don't think no amount of push will ever make the Inhumans (Royal Fam) happen in the mainstream. Because when it all comes down to it, their leader still can't talk and that's a hard sell. And now that Quake was revealed/retconned an Inhuman & Ms Marvel blowing up, they still aren't affiliated with them.

But now that I really think about it, there's not an interesting lineup in all of their current/upcoming team-books. All of the Avengers lineups are "EHHHH", and the X-Books I'll probably ignore...I never picked up Guardians Champions is probably he best and that's YA 2.0.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
To be fair, how often does some shyt go down in NY and only one superhero is working on it even though there's like five hundred of them in the city? Realistically superheroes should run into each other much more often. :russ:
This is in Cali tho :lolbron:
I expect NYC heroes to bump into each other :russ:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Sure with the right push... but their gonna need some inhumans with better powers. Most of em are lame.

To some of us, maybe. The new generation of readers, viewers, gamers? Probably not. If this is what they know and see the most, they may end up liking it, and liking it a lot.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Inhumans will only pop off if they can give them to a writer who can take them to the next level. I'm talking guys with Morrison/Hickman status where you know you're getting something special. I like Soule but at this point it's clear he can never take the Inhumans to a higher level.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don't know. I don't think no amount of push will ever make the Inhumans (Royal Fam) happen in the mainstream. Because when it all comes down to it, their leader still can't talk and that's a hard sell. And now that Quake was revealed/retconned an Inhuman & Ms Marvel blowing up, they still aren't affiliated with them.

But now that I really think about it, there's not an interesting lineup in all of their current/upcoming team-books. All of the Avengers lineups are "EHHHH", and the X-Books I'll probably ignore...I never picked up Guardians Champions is probably he best and that's YA 2.0.

Not long ago, barely anyone knew a thing about Guardians of the Galaxy, or even cared to know about that property. It was a big risk by the MCU. Fast forward to now, and GOTG is a legit property with lots of potential across the board.

Like GOTG, the path of success for the Inhumans resides not in the comic book world, but outside of it. If they are able to succeed there, then that will slowly transfer to the comic book world.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
To some of us, maybe. The new generation of readers, viewers, gamers? Probably not. If this is what they know and see the most, they may end up liking it, and liking it a lot.

Kids ain't readin comics like that breh.

The Avengers/Spidey have cartoons and games... and their cooler than the inhumans so..

I'm just not seeing it :yeshrug:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Kids ain't readin comics like that breh.

The Avengers/Spidey have cartoons and games... and their cooler than the inhumans so..

I'm just not seeing it :yeshrug:

They are cooler than the Inhumans to you. But--I say this with all due respect and no offense intended--this isn't about you. Or me, for that matter.

My point is, those same kids that will see the Inhumans in the movies, tv shows, cartoons, games, and so on...some of them will eventually read comics too.

Same thing happened to the X-Men. A lot of fans today got into them via the cartoons, games, movies, etc. From there, some of those folks eventually began reading the comics.

Besides, the big money for properties isn't really comics these day, its everything else. Especially the movies. The Inhumans don't have to be real big in the comic book world to be successful. What will matter is everything else outside of that, especially the big time stuff (movies, shows, cartoons, big name video games, etc).

You may not like the Inhumans, but Marvel is thinking long term on this one. They own the Inhumans property entirely. Why would they not push that, instead of pushing a property that they don't own entirely? Then you consider that Marvel and Fox's relationship as far as the movie rights are concerned hasn't changed and won't change anytime soon, so no Sony deal on the way either.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I still can't see a mute character being pushed into superstardom. What they gonna do, have him speak through Lockjaw?

Guardians came out of nowhere, but still Rocket is an anthropomorphic animal with personality and a gun. Those have been selling toys/cartoons since the beginning of animation. And you also have a green warrior princess, a human that was so obscure they could alter his personality, and powerful cosmics. It had a winning/generic formula. But Black Bolt tho? And he's their premiere character...yeah it's a hard sell. .They may have to start planting those seeds ad name dropping now.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I still can't see a mute character being pushed into superstardom. What they gonna do, have him speak through Lockjaw?

Guardians came out of nowhere, but still Rocket is an anthropomorphic animal with personality and a gun. Those have been selling toys/cartoons since the beginning of animation. And you also have a green warrior princess, a human that was so obscure they could alter his personality, and powerful cosmics. It had a winning/generic formula. But Black Bolt tho? And he's their premiere character...yeah it's a hard sell. .They may have to start planting those seeds ad name dropping now.

It won't be easy, but they have the time and money to make it happen. Not to mention some creative decisions here and there might help bring the Inhumans to the next level, whether it be in comics, shows, movies, or elsewhere.

Again, we may have trouble finding the appeal about them, especially Black Bolt, but isn't about us like that. It's all about the next generation of fans. Our biases are well-established at this point. Can't say the same for a lot of the potential new fans out there.