Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Tony unintentionally viciously attacks Captain America and the bat-shyt crazy heroic Carol Danvers puts down that founding Avenger domestic terrorist like the dog he is, in the name of preemptive justice and freedom for all! :whew:

At least when Osborn did it, it made complete sense.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
you know I hate Carol Danvers, right.

I mean... think about it. The only reason there's no NASA in the marvel universe ISN"T because Reed, Tony and T'Challa made them obsolete.

It's because in the 70's, they hired Carol as their Head of Security. Aliens and supervillains kept attacking NASA and wrecking shyt, so they fired Carol, saying she sucked at her job.

CAROL turned around and wrote a "Tell All" book, exposing all the dirt she had on people since she was the former head of security.

The US Government, in turn, ceased all funding to NASA and shut it down.

She got popular off that book, talk shows and all that, and it's really why the general Marvel citizen knows who Carol Danvers is.

I say all that to say this. You know who would be PERFECT to portray Carol in the movies?

Laurie Holden/Andrea from The Walking Dead

latest

c.png

latest

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
so.... ummm... in that superman annual from last week
pre flashpoint superman is destroying the rebirth universe because he absorbs solar radiation differently that the one that died???
Swamp thing helped , but said he only slowed it down...
wonder where they are going with this.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
you know I hate Carol Danvers, right.

I mean... think about it. The only reason there's no NASA in the marvel universe ISN"T because Reed, Tony and T'Challa made them obsolete.

It's because in the 70's, they hired Carol as their Head of Security. Aliens and supervillains kept attacking NASA and wrecking shyt, so they fired Carol, saying she sucked at her job.

CAROL turned around and wrote a "Tell All" book, exposing all the dirt she had on people since she was the former head of security.

The US Government, in turn, ceased all funding to NASA and shut it down.

She got popular off that book, talk shows and all that, and it's really why the general Marvel citizen knows who Carol Danvers is.

I say all that to say this. You know who would be PERFECT to portray Carol in the movies?

Laurie Holden/Andrea from The Walking Dead

latest

c.png

latest

Wait.... Nasa doesn't exist in marvel :wtf:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Old Man Logan?
+ Monster Howling Commandos?
+ rescuing Vampire Jubliee from Dracula?

I see you Marvel!! :smoothhoffa:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
You a Cloak and Dagger fan breh :skip:

I dunno... main reason it seems to me like those two were created was just to be a interracial couple. Which isn't a big deal anymore.

Their powers shoulda stayed switched tho
That's the biggest misconception about the duo. They aren't a couple and never have been

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ironically i've never been a fan of their comic portrayals because often it just came across like Cloak lowkey simping the blonde white woman who only saw him as "just a friend". Or other situations similar to hollywood movies in the 90s where Denzel or Will Smith were paired with a white woman co-lead but the studio didn't want to... offend anyone :mjpls: with certain imagery :mjpls:... and so instead you got these round-about ways of avoiding the issue of sexual attraction.

Which is why I preferred the Ultimates version where they were an actual couple (the 2nd thing I'll always give Bendis credit for, the 1st being Miles) and why I like what Marvel is planning on with the tv show where they'll be together as well (assuming it gets off the ground). No beating around the bush or keepin Cloak as this platonic friends for life simpin ass nygga

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's the biggest misconception about the duo. They aren't a couple and never have been
Cloak used to be in love with Dagger but she didn't feel the same way about him. It was basically an unrequited love that was made even more tragic by the fact that their powers were dependent on each other so they couldn't split up.
Has Marvel changed that?
I seem to remember seeing a panel of a comic with them kissing and talking like they were lovers not too long ago but I might be remembering wrong.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Cloak used to be in love with Dagger but she didn't feel the same way about him. It was basically an unrequited love that was made even more tragic by the fact that their powers were dependent on each other so they couldn't split up.
Has Marvel changed that?
I seem to remember seeing a panel of a comic with them kissing and talking like they were lovers not too long ago but I might be remembering wrong.
Its still the same but in the last few books they had they didn't focus on that part of cloak that much

They kissed in their Spider-Island mini but that was to save Dagger