Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any Milestone fans or any interested in there comics I posted the complete runs original runs for Hardware, Blood Syndicate, Icon, and Static in the R=G thread.

milestone%2B2.jpg

Black Excellence

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A v X #10 was a little off...Emma is definitely the villain at this point and it seems like Xavier is gonna die in the end.

Haven't read the rest of X-Factor, the Storm book, or the DC line up yet(Batwoman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman).

What's up in a v x?? Stopped reading im tired of cyclops being written as a super jerk. Reminds me of how batman was acting got awhile after they stole his plans to take down the league being uneccesairuly jerky

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So is Scott

Nah..the execution has been that he's been trying to achieve world peace without totally losing his head like the other P5 did. That's why he'll end up fighting Emma in the end and she's gonna take a big fall by the end of this thing. There's still no word on what happens to the P5 and the rest of Utopia/Extinction team post A v X. We know where Storm will be after the solicits came out yesterday but that's it.

What's up in a v x?? Stopped reading im tired of cyclops being written as a super jerk. Reminds me of how batman was acting got awhile after they stole his plans to take down the league being uneccesairuly jerky

It went from Avengers vs X-Men to making the P5 the villains. Namor/Magik/Colossus are already down. Emma is getting crazier by the panel and Scott was trying to apprehend Hope on his own. Didn't work out well because she stopped him somehow with her emulating power. Now he's racing back to earth to find Emma, not knowing she's got the Utopia mutants bowing dowing to her except for Magneto who warned Xavier of how far it's gotten.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Yeah Emma gone full White Queen. I'm gonna be pissed if they kill Scotty the gawd after his decade-long ascension to a bawse.

I'm glad Xavier's finally getting a role he deserves though.

I don't like how they're making the X-Men the villains. It seems to just exemplify their blatant efforts to make the Avengers the top draw in Marvel.

Don't even get me started on them removing Kieran Gillen from UXM. :mad:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Xavier is dying. No doubt about that in my mind. The question is..does Emma die too? The solicit for the "death one of Marvel's greatest heroes" is for A v X #12 and at the end of the Uncanny run, someone from the Extinction team is going their own way from everyone. Might be a Cyclops solo book since we don't know what's coming with books rolling out from Marvel until February next year. Magneto, Cyclops, Emma, Namor, Hope, Colossus, Magik aren't seen in any of the solicits for November. Magneto survives though because he has some kind of offer for Rogue post AvX that wraps up X-Men Legacy before the relaunch with Legion.

Magik was on a role in this shyt though..she was whooping everyone's asses. Thor, Strange, Ms. Marvel, Rogue got teleported off planet to stop her from running to everyone about the hell prisons.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah..the execution has been that he's been trying to achieve world peace without totally losing his head like the other P5 did. That's why he'll end up fighting Emma in the end and she's gonna take a big fall by the end of this thing. There's still no word on what happens to the P5 and the rest of Utopia/Extinction team post A v X. We know where Storm will be after the solicits came out yesterday but that's it.

It went from Avengers vs X-Men to making the P5 the villains. Namor/Magik/Colossus are already down. Emma is getting crazier by the panel and Scott was trying to apprehend Hope on his own. Didn't work out well because she stopped him somehow with her emulating power. Now he's racing back to earth to find Emma, not knowing she's got the Utopia mutants bowing dowing to her except for Magneto who warned Xavier of how far it's gotten.

:usure: wait whats scarlet witch doing during this ?and I heard spiderman did some hero shyt can you elaborate ? Scott needs to win he earned it After all these years he need that

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Scarlet Witch has been basically kicking the Phoenix members asses almost everytime she confronts them.

Spider Man took on Magik and Colossus by himself in AvX#9..lured the other Avengers members out of the danger and tricked the Rasputins in beating themselves.

As for Summers winning? There was always gonna have to be some kind of fall from grace. He's been on easy street since like 2007. Always walks away from every event without any damage.

DMR

Killa
Daps
Damn this whole event is so poorly executed it hurts :to:

Fear itself was really wack but at least it wasn't fukking with some of my favorite characters like this one is

Hope they don't kill off Cyclops so I can forget all about this mess

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Uatu just showed up..Xavier is definitely getting murked

Emma is wildin though...got everyone except Magneto bowing perpetually and Cannonball was starting to have other thoughts and she told him to cut that shyt out :russ:

Please don't end X-Force :to:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

nah breh, they've both lost it. The reason for him wanting to fight Emma is unpure, that's how you know. He gonna put down his wife so he can have enough power to not lose to Hope? It's not even about world peace at this point, it's about unquelled ego's aand a loss of control to the Phoenix

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Uatu just showed up..Xavier is definitely getting murked

Emma is wildin though...got everyone except Magneto bowing perpetually and Cannonball was starting to have other thoughts and she told him to cut that shyt out :russ:

Please don't end X-Force :to:

They've confirmed they're keeping X-Force. I'm not sure how long Remender will be on it though. He's gonna have his hands full with the new Uncanny Avengers series.

I'm pissed about them throwing what Kieron Gawdlen was building in Uncanny X-Men in the bushes. The writing was excellent, the roster was gully as fukk, it had a clear identity, he reinvented Mr. Sinister, and they debuted maybe the best new villain in at least a decade, Unit. He was just getting started on what was shaping up to be a legendary X-writer run and they're ending it before it really got rolling for this huge AVX clusterfukk.

If Marvel is going to be cutting off good writer runs on marquee books at the knees to make way for these bullshyt blockbuster crossovers, they're gonna lose what few readers they have left. But I guess they don't care because they're getting their bread from movies anyway.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's more than that. There has been a consensual basis to push the Avengers franchise head and shoulders above any other interests in the company. Gillen made Uncanny X-Men the highest selling Marvel book above anything Bendis, Waid, Fraction, or Aaron were doing. The Extinction team experiment worked but what do we have now? Gillen on fukking Iron Man? Rogue and Scarlet Witch not able to appear in other books except for Uncanny Avengers? An uncertain future for A listers like Magneto/Cyclops? And this boring All New X-Men shake up with teenage Jean Grey being tossed in the middle of things simply because Bendis doesn't know to write a book based on continuity and needs a easy starting point? Absolutely horrible. I'll check for Uncanny Avengers and X-Factor but there is no other book I see month to month from Marvel I need to be picking up or investing time into. It's just not necessary. They got a PARADE of new Wolverine books on the horizon too...that Gambit shyt looks H O R R I B L E. Just not good.