Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Marvel seems all over the place right now...like they're just throwing shyt at the wall. After The Siege, they said they're entering "The Heroic Age." They didn't really even explain what that meant, probably because it didn't mean anything and was just marketing bullshyt.

They also said they're gonna take a break with the big crossover events, which was a flat-out lie because they did Fear Itself less than a year in, and followed up with the contrived concept of a mega-event possible, X-Men vs. Avengers.

They have group of 5 writers who they like: Bendis, Hickman, Fraction, Aaron, Remender, and Brubaker, and they just keep rotating them around all the top books and events. Gillen and Remender too, but they seem to be kinda on the outside of the clique because they didn't use them on AVX like they did "the big 5." They're giving all these dudes their turns on everything.

Fraction isn't that good imo but the once book he does seems to have a good handle on is Iron Man. He sucked on UXM. Now they're moving him from it and putting him on FF, and moving Gillen to Iron Man. :why: Gillen was BEASTING on UXM. Bendis has been on a bunch of Avengers books forever now they're finally moving him (thank god) and letting Hickman leave FF and take over. I'm cool with that. I think he Avengers team will be dope. But they're now putting Bendis on that new bullshyt original X-Men in the present book so he can infect the x-line with his crap. And they're moving Fraction to FF. And Aaron is going to write Thor, after Fraction and Gillen already had their turn. It's like they're just playing musical chairs and letting their favorite writers have their turns on all their top books and big crossover events.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Marvel seems all over the place right now...like they're just throwing shyt at the wall. After The Siege, they said they're entering "The Heroic Age." They didn't really even explain what that meant, probably because it didn't mean anything and was just marketing bullshyt.

They also said they're gonna take a break with the big crossover events, which was a flat-out lie because they did Fear Itself less than a year in, and followed up with the contrived concept of a mega-event possible, X-Men vs. Avengers.

They have group of 5 writers who they like: Bendis, Hickman, Fraction, Aaron, Remender, and Brubaker, and they just keep rotating them around all the top books and events. Gillen and Remender too, but they seem to be kinda on the outside of the clique because they didn't use them on AVX like they did "the big 5." They're giving all these dudes their turns on everything.

Fraction isn't that good imo but the once book he does seems to have a good handle on is Iron Man. He sucked on UXM. Now they're moving him from it and putting him on FF, and moving Gillen to Iron Man. :why: Gillen was BEASTING on UXM. Bendis has been on a bunch of Avengers books forever now they're finally moving him (thank god) and letting Hickman leave FF and take over. I'm cool with that. I think he Avengers team will be dope. But they're now putting Bendis on that new bullshyt original X-Men in the present book so he can infect the x-line with his crap. And they're moving Fraction to FF. And Aaron is going to write Thor, after Fraction and Gillen already had their turn. It's like they're just playing musical chairs and letting their favorite writers have their turns on all their top books and big crossover events.

blame the new E-I-C
I sure as fukk didn't like what Quesada did to Spider-man but he knew how to run marvel and made it exciting. I think Bendis and Burbanker are the best along with Yost but i think he wants to write cartoons(Although his run on scarlet spider needs to get more interesting. A violent spider-man has all types of potential)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just read that Daniel Way and Ale Garza are rumored to be taking over X-FORCE as part of the whole Marvel Now reshuffling.
I haven't read much of Way's writing and Garza does splash pages well but his panel art is lacking.
Either way it is going to be a major change from the high level of work that Remender did on the boo.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I hope this isn't true.

Geoff Johns Leaving Aquaman

Bleeding Cool has reported previously that we expect Ivan Reis to leave Aquaman after issue 16, as part of a DC reshuffle of creators and potentially more cancellations and new books commissioned for January.

And that Ivan Reis will move to draw Justice League Of America, replacing Jim Lee on the comic, and keeping the Geoff Johns Aquaman team still together, but on his one of his other comics.

But it seems that, deprived of Ivan Reis on Aquaman, Geoff Johns will also be leaving that series.

Between them they have done what many saw impossible, totally and utterly revived the reputation of Aquaman in the DC Universe, away from being a joke, to a character who is taken very seriously indeed.

Big flippers to fill… DC Comics declined to reply to enquiries.

Johns and Reis have made Aquaman one of the top 5 books DC publishes.

DMR

Killa
Daps
Fraction, Aaron and Way all suck... I just know they are gonna ruin books they're gonna be writing:why:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
truth only kids have that mentality. As an adult it is all about the writer and artist.

And at least DC cares about continuity. Marvel is just like :heh: at that shyt.

then there are a lot of grown ass kids in this thread. Especially back int he days of SOHH, there were too many posts of people shytting on DC for no fukking reason. n

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
then there are a lot of grown ass kids in this thread. Especially back int he days of SOHH, there were too many posts of people shytting on DC for no fukking reason. n

I just think they are trolling( at least i hope so). I do the same with the Batman vs Avengers threads but it is all jokes.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That dude thik_3rd was the one I remembered with the marvel hard-on.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
It really seems like both companies are just throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks.

And if it DOES stick, they quickly wipe it off.

I know the comics market isn't booming like it used to, but I think it's a shame that comics are now simply a way for the companies to advertize for their cartoons and movies.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Nobody reading non superhero books.......like Saga and Revival those are pretty good