Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
It's more than that. There has been a consensual basis to push the Avengers franchise head and shoulders above any other interests in the company. Gillen made Uncanny X-Men the highest selling Marvel book above anything Bendis, Waid, Fraction, or Aaron were doing. The Extinction team experiment worked but what do we have now? Gillen on fukking Iron Man? Rogue and Scarlet Witch not able to appear in other books except for Uncanny Avengers? An uncertain future for A listers like Magneto/Cyclops? And this boring All New X-Men shake up with teenage Jean Grey being tossed in the middle of things simply because Bendis doesn't know to write a book based on continuity and needs a easy starting point? Absolutely horrible. I'll check for Uncanny Avengers and X-Factor but there is no other book I see month to month from Marvel I need to be picking up or investing time into. It's just not necessary. They got a PARADE of new Wolverine books on the horizon too...that Gambit shyt looks H O R R I B L E. Just not good.

Yeah I agree. Gillen was killing the game on UXM and outperforming all these bullshyt Bendis books and they demote him to Iron Man. :snoop:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The art by JH Williams on Batwoman is fukking superb...it's a real A List read and the art is elegant. #12 was good and the team up with Wonder Woman should be a nice change of pace for Kate.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Not knowledgeable about Marvel, but is Jean Greys death permanent?

Jean has been dead since 2004 in Planet X. They try to make it seem like she returned in War Song the mini series but that shyt don't count:laugh: She is coming back as a teenager in Bendis' new series in a couple of months though. Very lame return in my eyes.

I'm more interested in the Polaris origin story written by Peter David in a few weeks though.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
John Cassady's designs for some of the dast of Uncanny Avengers:
ICv2 - John Cassaday's Marvel NOW! Redesigns for Rogue, Havok, & The Scarlet Witch
1Q4Li.jpg

Rogue looks cool and I can live with Havok's new costume (even though there are far better looks from his past that could have been used) but Scarlet Witch looks horrible.
They should have used elements from George Perez's gypsy themed costume.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Uatu just showed up..Xavier is definitely getting murked

Emma is wildin though...got everyone except Magneto bowing perpetually and Cannonball was starting to have other thoughts and she told him to cut that shyt out :russ:

Please don't end X-Force :to:

They've confirmed they're keeping X-Force. I'm not sure how long Remender will be on it though. He's gonna have his hands full with the new Uncanny Avengers series.

I'm pissed about them throwing what Kieron Gawdlen was building in Uncanny X-Men in the bushes. The writing was excellent, the roster was gully as fukk, it had a clear identity, he reinvented Mr. Sinister, and they debuted maybe the best new villain in at least a decade, Unit. He was just getting started on what was shaping up to be a legendary X-writer run and they're ending it before it really got rolling for this huge AVX clusterfukk.

If Marvel is going to be cutting off good writer runs on marquee books at the knees to make way for these bullshyt blockbuster crossovers, they're gonna lose what few readers they have left. But I guess they don't care because they're getting their bread from movies anyway.
no worries breh, this whole avx storyline will also get tossed in the bushes in 2yrs.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'am getting tired of marvel formula of there books...seem like there not trying to make good books...just good movies

that is an unspoken rule here. its true, but a lot of cats dont like to admit that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that is an unspoken rule here. its true, but a lot of cats dont like to admit that.

and get mad when things looks different or not sticking though story lines, starting to become more of a DC fan they just promote there heroes as just great characters.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
and get mad when things looks different or not sticking though story lines, starting to become more of a DC fan they just promote there heroes as just great characters.

DC ain't as corny or old fashioned as people would think. Its just that cats still stuck in the 90s mentality that DC is wack and anything associated with Marvel is automatically good.

Check it yourself.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC ain't as corny or old fashioned as people would think. Its just that cats still stuck in the 90s mentality that DC is wack and anything associated with Marvel is automatically good.

Check it yourself.

I'am starting to see it and the tables are slowly turning

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Just got done reading Batman "Prey/Terror." Hugo Strange and his mannequin.... wow. These stories were grimey. Any other Batman ones like this? Matter of fact, has DC ever released more "Legend of the Dark Knight" TPB?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

Check it yourself.

truth only kids have that mentality. As an adult it is all about the writer and artist.

And at least DC cares about continuity. Marvel is just like :heh: at that shyt.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's more than that. There has been a consensual basis to push the Avengers franchise head and shoulders above any other interests in the company. Gillen made Uncanny X-Men the highest selling Marvel book above anything Bendis, Waid, Fraction, or Aaron were doing. The Extinction team experiment worked but what do we have now? Gillen on fukking Iron Man? Rogue and Scarlet Witch not able to appear in other books except for Uncanny Avengers? An uncertain future for A listers like Magneto/Cyclops? And this boring All New X-Men shake up with teenage Jean Grey being tossed in the middle of things simply because Bendis doesn't know to write a book based on continuity and needs a easy starting point? Absolutely horrible. I'll check for Uncanny Avengers and X-Factor but there is no other book I see month to month from Marvel I need to be picking up or investing time into. It's just not necessary. They got a PARADE of new Wolverine books on the horizon too...that Gambit shyt looks H O R R I B L E. Just not good.
:huhldup: so now they having a million avenger teams ? Where's luke cage at?