Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Courvoisier Clyde

Samui Joe
Daps
Reppin
Stankonia-ku
To piggy bag on that Carol discussion, what are yall's top 5 superheroines?

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.

Power Girl
Huntress
X-23
Wonder Woman
Layla Miller

Honorable mentions to M, Dust, Zatanna, Psylocke, She Hulk, Cassandra Cain, Rachel Grey, and Ultimate Gwen Stacy. I've got a soft spot in my heart for Rogue and Jubilee, but they ain't been shyt in a long time

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Power Girl
Huntress
X-23
Wonder Woman
Layla Miller

Honorable mentions to M, Dust, Zatanna, Psylocke, She Hulk, Cassandra Cain, Rachel Grey, and Ultimate Gwen Stacy. I've got a soft spot in my heart for Rogue and Jubilee, but they ain't been shyt in a long time
I forgot about Layla Miller. She knows stuff.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
"Hey Odinson, black captain america is banging your cancer stricken girlfriend who hi-jacked your hammer to become a super pawg after cosmic guardian nick fury lowkey called you an unworthy bytch...

How does that make you feel? :lupe:"

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For all the Marvel fans in this thread, I highly recommend reading Marvel Comics: The Untold Story
You will look at certain people in the industry differently and you see why some books turned out the way they did. Never realized how much BS was going on in the bullpen

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
For all the Marvel fans in this thread, I highly recommend reading Marvel Comics: The Untold Story
You will look at certain people in the industry differently and you see why some books turned out the way they did. Never realized how much BS was going on in the bullpen
Is that the same book that revealed that people in the office used to refer to Falcon as "the fowl c00n"?

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:wtf: For Real???? you got any pics / scans?
1444417424608.jpg

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Care to drop some info here, buddy? :sas1:
If that wasn’t confusing enough, there was now the matter of New Mutants. As Louise Simonson reached the end of her rope, Liefeld had campaigned for a new writer—Fabian Nicieza, who also worked as Marvel’s advertising manager. When he was still a teenager, Liefeld had acquired Nicieza’s phone number, and called him up to compliment his script on the New Universe title Psi-Force. “I’m going to make it as an artist in the industry real soon,” Liefeld told Nicieza, and suggested they might work together in the future. Now, three years later, that time had come. “Rob had a million ideas, and no filter, and no maturity to know how to best present those ideas,” Nicieza said. “So he started to flood ideas to the point where, I guess it was starting to choke Louise’s ability to create the book. He wanted it to be muscle and power—and she wanted it to be about a group of kids growing up. And those two things are hard to reconcile.”

Louise Simonson finally quit, after ten years at Marvel. “She got fukked out of a job by Rob,” said Chris Claremont, but Simonson herself laid most of the blame at Harras’s feet. “He would change plots, and blame it on the artist. He would change dialogue, and then say, ‘I’m sorry, but I tried to call you and you weren’t home’ or ‘I’ll be sure and tell you the next time.’ He would change some of the dialogue, but not other parts, so the things people said wouldn’t make sense. It was his way of letting you know he was wishing you’d go away.”

Last edited: