Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
To piggy bag on that Carol discussion, what are yall's top 5 superheroines?

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.
She-Hulk
Ultimate Jessica Drew
The Alias version of Jessica Jones
Dakota North
Lois Lane (Who isn't a superhero in the main earth but IMO is one of DC's best characters when written well)

Daps
I can read this stupid Gundam-bunny Gordon crap :camby:
Batman-42-Page-1.jpg

Good one brother!

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Re: Superheroines

:to: I got into Batwoman real late and didn't realize what Issue 25 [edit]Issue 25 after they cut the storyline to make a Zero Year issue[-]had in store.

I'm hot they axed the OG team. As socially conservative as I can be, I thought she was still a great character.

Re: Secret Wars

full
I'm reading that a 56 pg issue is comin' in Dec for SW9. Hopefully that means they stay on schedule.

They got me hooked! I can't even rock with Batman/DC like I used to.

I hope I don't run into any Cyborg 3 spoilers.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.

1. Emma Frost - Because she's a bytchy elitist snob :skip: Hell she is my favorite female comic heroine.
2. Squirrel Girl - Because she's a fun goofy character
3. Storm - She's a goddess who can control weather and actually is her own character. But yeah the last decade hasn't been good for her character.
4. Wonder Woman - Azzarello's run made me a fan.
5. Black Cat - Catwoman except Marvel.

There were other female characters I think could have became real awesome over time... but :yeshrug:
Mercury, Pixie from the X-Men.. but they got overshadowed by X-23.
Solstice..who got fukked over from the Nu52 boot.

Ms. Marvel will probably end up being a far better character than Carol.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Ms. Marvel will probably end up being a far better character than Carol.
Lowkey, as far as "diversity" and representation go, Kamala is a far more impactful character to have on the big screen than Carol. And if they found an actress who could embody her charisma, there'd be no ceiling with the type of global buy-in and merchandising she could generate.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

1. Storm - most of the time
2. Domino
3. Mary Jane
4. She-Hulk
5. M when shes doing something

I really like Silk so far, Harley's always a winner and Bryan Q. Miller Batgirl was one of the best runs in recent years of ANY book.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

1. Magik
2. X-23
3. Emma Frost
4. Wonder Woman
5. Bombshell (Ultimate Version)

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Lowkey, as far as "diversity" and representation go, Kamala is a far more impactful character to have on the big screen than Carol. And if they found an actress who could embody her charisma, there'd be no ceiling with the type of global buy-in and merchandising she could generate.

I agree. Hell Kamala could potentially go far further than Carol and become a really popular character.

They just gotta make sure they don't do any really stupid stories like "get knocked up by her own child, then give birth to her child who knocked her up, then marry dude"

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Songbird (she grew on me in thunderbirds and if y'all played marvel ultimate alliance she is my favorite character there easily......plus I think she was a wrestler and I'm a wrestling stan. Basically was a villain and had a face turn).
Storm (one of the GOAT xmen imo. Even bested cyclops for leadership of the x men. And her power is underrated.)
Wonder Woman (She is currently at superman levels of power......... I'd argue more. Has an interesting rogues gallery)
Witchblade (her beastmode is epic)
Captain Marvel (longtime avenger. Plays big parts in some crossovers. Binary form used to make her one of marvel earth's biggest powerhouses. My favorite marvel next to genis vell)

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps

1. Storm
2. Jean Grey...adult Jean, not this time traveling teen bullshyt
3. Emma Frost
4. Monica Rambeau
5. Magick

X-Men got the best female characters.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

1. Wonder Women
2. Shuri
3. Amanda Waller (pre-new 52).
4. Storm
5. Vixen / Jean Grey

Couldn't decide between vixen and Jean, so included both.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's interesting because at one point Storm was more popular than even WW but since the Claremont X-Treme X-Men days of like, 2002 (?) all she's really been known for is being a victim of T'Challa's #HOH movement and being Wolverine's thot. I'm a big fan of the concept of Storm but i feel she's been damaged goods status since AvX and hasn't had much purpose since she was leading Bishop, Sage, Rogue and crew in X-treme.

That's what happens when editorial keeps on shytting on a character. Eventually, the fans stop caring about the character all together.

She's also a casualty of the movie license situation. Being with fox, she won't get a full-fledge rehab anytime soon.

If she was with the MCU, she may had gotten another solo book (despite the wack sales from the first one) and/or would've been considered for maybe civil war and for sure the BP movie.

Last edited: